Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[P4A] Yukiko Amagi Combo Thread (Updated 08/22/12)

How high must you be for the air dash to work?

Anyways, I've added a "combo theory" section, which covers most situations where you need to use different combos.

not too high..I've just been hitting it immediately after the jump

one problem is you can't use the 4D immediately since shes still in the animation of 236A (found it weird that you can cancel the end animation with another 236A, but not D)

It depends on your distance to the opponent and how high they are when you catch them with 5C (assuming you want both hits of Maragi to connect to maximize damage output). Generally speaking the closer and/or the higher they are after a 5C, the more likely you'll want to use C Maragi, but that's only up to a certain extent. Too high, and your only realistic choice is to use D Maragi and manually pop it; you lose some damage, but it's better than dropping it. Also, depending on spacing, you may need to delay the Agi pop for a bit after you input 236C. If you manage to catch your opponent low and/or with more spacing between you, you'll want to use D Maragi. This is the most ideal situation for the first rep if you're going for a double Maragi combi, but it's also the most risky since screwing up the timing here means your combo will drop with no chance of saving it since they'll be lower to the ground. You'll usually want to time D Maragi inputs to be in sync with an Agi pop.

It's worth noting that being in the corner can change the timing due to automatic Maragi pops when they hit the edge, so it's something you'll want to play around with.

Thanks for the help. I've got them down pretty consistently now. I'll never pull these off in a match though haha.

I've got a combo that uses maragidyne, QCF D>5AA>5C>5BB>5C>qcfB slight delay on the release and maragidyne D its roughly 3.9K and you can unblockable set up. Its pretty simple and is my most damaging combo so far to bad its only in a awakened state :/. I'm gonna try those Agilao maragi combos soon though

I'd like to thank the Yukiko players that made this combo video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd_VybRxl-U

I was thinking lately if there's a way how to make maragi combos if you managed to place your persona on the opposite side of the opponent close up and I now see that it's possible.

Here's the combo:

5C FC > 236AB> 2C > 5C > 236C ~]A[~ 2C > 5C > 236C ~]B[~ > 5BB > 236[A/B] (4192/7)

The easiest way to set this up is after the oki setup where the persona is already behind the opponent and you push them in with 5/6D. I throw a fan after they get close because 5A is too slow and will cause the persona to reset back in your position. After fan, then I do 5C. there's like a frame gap inbetween the fan and 5C that will punish the opponent for doing anything other than trying to do a command dash or an invincible move. It's a nice mixup to play around with from time to time. There's also a few characters I wouldn't try this against at all, such as Kanji. I know Kanji is obvious in a way, but I say that because he does have a normal(2A) that's fast enough and goes far enough to punish between the frame gap besides his command throws. I'll check for other characters.

From stunedge on jiyuna's stream:

5D Fatal Counter combo (4.8k):

5D FC > (dash) > 5A > 5C > 5B > IAD j.A > air Agi A (delay) > release A > land > 2C > 2B > SB Agi > release A > Maragi C > dash 5C > release B > Maragi C > 5BB > Agi A or B

For fun I came up with my own 2D Fatal Counter combo. Not sure how easy it would be to confirm this but here it is:

2D FC > (dash) > 5BB > SB Agi > 5C > release A > Maragi D > dash 5C > release B > Maragi C > dash 5BB > 5C > 5BB > Agi A or B [sP:25, dmg:4.3k]

2D FC > (dash) > 5BB > SB Agi > 5C > release A > Maragi D > dash 5C > release B > Maragi C > dash 5BB > 5C > 5BB > Agi A > Agidyne D [sP:75, dmg:5.1k]

The other thing about that being you have no time to build SP in your combo. Stunedges doesn't use sp until late so the sp differential should be pretty huge.

i'm trying maragi dash 5c 5bb SB agi (a explostion) 5c (b explotion) maragi dash 5c agi a agidyneD

is there a better version without counter hit, or is this pretty much it for me.

i'm trying maragi dash 5c 5bb SB agi (a explostion) 5c (b explotion) maragi dash 5c agi a agidyneD

is there a better version without counter hit, or is this pretty much it for me.

You can do double maragi loop off any "big" starter. 236[AB] 5C 236C ]A[ 5C 236C ]B[ etc. Also, if it's off a raw Maragi you can hit a bit more on the tail end. 5C 5BB 5C is what I usually do when there is extra untech time to spare.

5D FC > (dash) > 5A > 5C > 5B > IAD j.A > air Agi A (delay) > release A > land > 2C > 2B > SB Agi > release A > Maragi C > dash 5C > release B > Maragi C > 5BB > Agi A or B

For fun I came up with my own 2D Fatal Counter combo. Not sure how easy it would be to confirm this but here it is:

2D FC > (dash) > 5BB > SB Agi > 5C > release A > Maragi D > dash 5C > release B > Maragi C > dash 5BB > 5C > 5BB > Agi A or B [sP:25, dmg:4.3k]

2D FC > (dash) > 5BB > SB Agi > 5C > release A > Maragi D > dash 5C > release B > Maragi C > dash 5BB > 5C > 5BB > Agi A > Agidyne D [sP:75, dmg:5.1k]

Depending on where it hits, from 5D fc, you can dash up 2C3B EX agi > maragi loop > ender of choice for a little over 5K, depending on ender (with super even more)

Harder to confirm depending on when/where it hits, but, fun fact: you can FC 5D punish Aigis for a baited DP :D (so long as she doesn't[ie can't] super cancel it)

This has probably been mentioned but I don't see it on your combo list, but if the opponent between you and the Persona, at any distance where a reversed 236B puts the fire mark in front of you, you can do 236B and release it late, then dash up and do pretty much whatever you want. (5AA 5C) 5BB > SB Agi works, or you can just do an air combo or end with 5AAA for meter scoops.

This has probably been mentioned but I don't see it on your combo list, but if the opponent between you and the Persona, at any distance where a reversed 236B puts the fire mark in front of you, you can do 236B and release it late, then dash up and do pretty much whatever you want. (5AA 5C) 5BB > SB Agi works, or you can just do an air combo or end with 5AAA for meter scoops.

found a set up for this, if you have a mashy, jump happy opponent. after you have them in oki and the persona is behind them, after you throw fans, if the fans hit, your persona can then go into 5c 2c 236b (late release) then finish how ever you like, i did 5bb 5c 5bb 5c 236b (tried to see if i could do it a second time ^_^) that's easier than 665aa ect (at least for me >.>)

This is a combo i've been working on for punishing from far away.

most of the time when i get a 5C FC it's not super up close. but i'm sure this can be optimized.

far 5C FC > SB Agi > ]A[ > 236D > 66 5C > ]B[ > 66 5C > 5BB > 5C > 5BB > 236B

it's pretty much the universal combo but omitting the very first 5C after the SB Agi

and going off of doing 5D/5C FC combos with the persona to the opponent's back, i think most of the same ones work if you reverse the A and B releases, since when you do SB Agi from the other side, the corresponding flames are reversed in positioning

this should theoretically work

but i have a question.

what are some good 5C FC combos in the corner? the maragi stuff seems to be tougher to land due to the auto pillar activation in the corner

optimized this a little more kinda. This will work anywhere on the screen except MAYBE the complete outer edge (take a step forward and it should work)

6D, 66, 5A, 5C, 5BB, 5C, 5BB, IAD, j.A, j.236[A], ]A[, 2C, 5BB, 2369[A+B], ]A[ [sP net 0, dmg:4kish

I keep fucking up at this point, but you should be able to at least 5C 236D ]B[ 5C 236B or something

great thing about this combo is that it builds 25% SP before the SB agi so it's completely self sustained

there are a few things that you can do to help hit everything

if you're super far away, the second BB should be 6BB

any part of the 5BB 5C can be delayed a little if they're too high

2C has to be done low as possible, or close to it, same with first ]A[ (but that's nothing new)

edit: might not be viable, they seem to tech really early off the 5C at the end, the ]B[ might not have enough untech time for maragi to hit...might need some help testing this

Sorry people, I've been pretty damn busy lately but I'll get on updating the thread tomorrow if possible.

this 2D FC combo will be super useful against flying squirrels (yukiko vs. kanji 8-2)

Hi, there. I'm not only new to Yukiko, but to Persona 4 Arena, and even competitive fighting games as whole. My friends have always been into it, but actually executing on the controller has been hard for me. I'm practicing the very basics at the moment, and I'm having trouble with the IAD following the 5BB. I either try to jump earlier than the game allows, or too late to combo. Any tips?

"Get better at timing the input" is the only realistic advice for that. Practice, practice, practice; it makes all the difference in the world.

Heh, I've been at it for about forty-five minutes now. Still can't figure out that spot that it works :P. Can I start imputing the jump when I throw the second fan?

you can jump after the 2nd B HITS

so you have to be a bit patient and anticipate when that fan will hit.

then u hit 9 > 6 for the IAD.

it is a bit tricky, i know i miss it sometimes. but if the 5BB makes it kinda hard to time, u should consider doing just a single fan and making the combo easier for yourself. sometimes i'll take less damage to do a combo i find easier to do.

try a bunch of things out.

6D, 66, 5A, 5C, 5BB, 5C, 5BB, IAD, j.A, j.236[A], ]A[, 2C, 5BB, 2369[A+B], ]A[ [sP net 0, dmg:4kish

I keep fucking up at this point, but you should be able to at least 5C 236D ]B[ 5C 236B or something

great thing about this combo is that it builds 25% SP before the SB agi so it's completely self sustained

still fucking it up, but made a little better for proration

6D->66->5A->5C->6BB->5C->6BB->IAD j.C->slight delay j.236[A]-> ]A[ land 662C->5BB->236[A+B] ]A[ 5C;

and fucked up there for 4500 damage meter positive. also notice that proration is better (better damage, can do grounded SB Agi instead of TK'd)

again, works pretty far out there if you're quick

decided on 6BB for the first reps since they hit faster and thus keep the opponent higher.

Hi, there. I'm not only new to Yukiko, but to Persona 4 Arena, and even competitive fighting games as whole. My friends have always been into it, but actually executing on the controller has been hard for me. I'm practicing the very basics at the moment, and I'm having trouble with the IAD following the 5BB. I either try to jump earlier than the game allows, or too late to combo. Any tips?

maybe try 6B, it will allow you to IAD faster since the fans hit sooner

Sorry if this has already been posted. I didn't see it anywhere.

236C/D > 66 5BB > 5C > 5B3B > 2367[A] ]A[ > 5B > 5C > 2C > 236A/B.

I forgot the exact damage, but it does a little over 3100.

what are some good 5C FC combos in the corner? the maragi stuff seems to be tougher to land due to the auto pillar activation in the corner

Late reply but, in case you haven't found an answer yet, the trick is to keep them high off the ground. In the corner, you can't get the first part of the maragi to hit so you have to settle with just the 2nd hit of the maragi. If your SB agi in the corner, doing 2C instead 5C for the first part of the loop will send them flying higher and then the 2nd maragi, just release B earlier than you would if you were out of corner, this allows the maragi to explode in time for the 2nd part of it to hit them. When I get home I'll make another bad quality video of this on my phone lol

You can get both hits of Maragi to connect in corner combos, but you have to really get a solid handle on when you need to pop Agi relative to inputting Maragi, as well as which Maragi you need to use; all of which is relative to how close you are to the opponent. Going for higher juggling and single Maragi hits is just easier and a lot more stable for anyone who doesn't want to make a science project out of it for a little more damage.

i find that using C maragi is the best since it's slower and easy to make them land on it to get both hits