Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludwig van

[P4A] Naoto Shirogane - Combo Thread "My skills have been honed!" (Updated 1/20/2013)

I have a few questions regarding some combos. 1 @ Kyle, how in Gods name are you getting the j. C to combo into j. A after CH C? It does not combo for me. I'm trying vs Kanji, though I doubt something like that would be character specific.

Also, There's a combo after landing 214 D, (c iad, j.a j.c land c 236b, dash c iad j.a j.c c 236a) I am also finding it difficult to land vs. kanji. It's the stand c at the end of the combo before 236a. That combo actually got MORE difficult the more I practiced it. I had it down yesterday. Only getting it about 20% of the time tonight, which is very demoralizing because I felt like I was making some serious progress yesterday. Does anyone know if there are specifics to that post 214d combo? I'm very flustered by the whole thing.

The 0 meter smp loop combo I do is CH C in the corner, iad C, AA B 2B 2AB 236A OMB, 2[C] C 236 b xN 7305 dmg 34 hits. I stopped when I tried landing a 236a at the end. Might get another loop out of it.

CH C, IAD, J.A, J.C is crouching only

CH C, IAD, J.B, J.C is standing only

tested on Yuu

Yes! \o/

UOH -> D follow up, 5B, Muudon, Megiddo C, 236AD, (Megiddo C hit) Megiddo D, 236AD , [Megiddo D hit], back dash, 2[C] , 66 , 5C [236B~D x 11?] , 236A.

I lost count of the reps of 236BD because I was detracted but yea. HYPE! an easier UOH combo in the corner ^_^ oh it was doing 6+ when I doped it. 6.9?

Edit : 11 reps, so to be safe...

UOH -> D follow up, 5B, Muudon, Megiddo C, 236AD, (Megiddo C hit) Megiddo D, 236AD , [Megiddo D hit], back dash, 2[C] , 66 , 5C [236B~D x 11]

DMG : 7257 ^w^

I actually suck at ending these in 236AD for oki does anyone have any tips on that? I even have a hard time ending IAD loops mid screen into 236AD oki unless it's off a Megiddo confirm. :P

Yes! \o/

UOH -> D follow up, 5B, Muudon, Megiddo C, 236AD, (Megiddo C hit) Megiddo D, 236AD , [Megiddo D hit], back dash, 2[C] , 66 , 5C [236B~D x 11?] , 236A.

You don't need to do a backdash/forward dash for the 2[C]. You can just sit there in the corner and connection 2c -> 5c, the difficulty here is you have to hit with all 3 hits of 2c for it to work.

You don't need to do a backdash/forward dash for the 2[C]. You can just sit there in the corner and connection 2c -> 5c, the difficulty here is you have to hit with all 3 hits of 2c for it to work.

Meh, her back dash doesn't take her half screen or anything. it just nicely re-positions her and helps me with the timing. also if your TOO close then your issue comes into play. (missing a few hits of 2[C]) also if you back dash all hit are practically assured assuming the timing of 2[C] is correct.

AoA > D FC > 5B > 5C > Mudoon > [walk up] 214D > sweep > 236A~D > [step back] > 2[C] > 5C > 236B+[D]x10 is an easier execution overhead loop that does about 7k. For ending with 236A~[D] after loops I just replace the last 236B with a 236A.

For the 2[C], backdashing works but I personally have the most success just walking back a step for timing.

Btw, if you ever end up with an extra 50 meter after a loop, you can end with ...236B > A shots > 236236A or Awakening Super for extra damage.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but SMP loops become 1 frame or so at around 15 hits? It is virtually impossible for me to practice for more than 2-3 minutes because I have a broken wrist and can't do motions anyway but it seems my combo always drops at this hitcount so I imagine it's because of a 1-2 frame link and me sucking with the hands

They shouldn't be nearly that hard. Just hold down D during the entire loop and input the next 236B right after Naoto cancels the gun stance; the launch from the 236B gives very generous timing. Personally when doing the loop (this is on stick with default layout) I adjust my hand so that I can hold D with my middle finger and press B with my index finger but this will be different for everyone. Btw don't strain yourself. :v:

They shouldn't be nearly that hard. Just hold down D during the entire loop and input the next 236B right after Naoto cancels the gun stance; the launch from the 236B gives very generous timing. Personally when doing the loop (this is on stick with default layout) I adjust my hand so that I can hold D with my middle finger and press B with my index finger but this will be different for everyone. Btw don't strain yourself. :v:

Ive been doing this with the variant I first started with, and the timing seems absurdly tight, enough so that I have NEVER gotten past 15 total hits. Maybe I am doing a version that does not actually work as I first read it and should try another because i am not actually this terrible

AoA > D FC > 5B > 5C > Mudoon > [walk up] 214D > sweep > 236A~D > [step back] > 2[C] > 5C > 236B+[D]x10 is an easier execution overhead loop that does about 7k. For ending with 236A~[D] after loops I just replace the last 236B with a 236A.

For the 2[C], backdashing works but I personally have the most success just walking back a step for timing.

Btw, if you ever end up with an extra 50 meter after a loop, you can end with ...236B > A shots > 236236A or Awakening Super for extra damage.

Good shit Zeromus, and as for punishing obvious F-Actions in the corner, this should be our go to combo all the time.

Anywhere near the corner, do this to punish any R-Action whiff, not just Elizabeth's.

236B~D [FC], C gunshot (whiff first 2-3 hits), Mudoon, Megiddo C, Megiddo D, [Megiddo C hits], 2B, 5B, 5C, iad j.C, j.D, [236A~D, (Megiddo D hits), Megiddo D x10 ].

Deals 10.7k, kills everyone. Lifts you off the ground so you won't get grabbed.

Just grinded for about an hour for this and it's not as bad as I thought it is. The hardest parts I would say is buffering the bullets into Mudoon (236B~CCCCC236236D) and actually having 2B > 5B > 5C hit by having 2B hit at the correct height but if you can get them down consistently then you're in good shape.

But if anybody can come up with an easier FC that can do around 9-10K then be my guess. :)

Do note that you may have somewhat of a hard time performing it on Mitsuru as opposed to Yu, Kanji, Akihiko, etc. due to Mitsu's weird ass hitbox where you have to delay the C shots just a tiny bit. Who knows, there may be other characters where you have to change up the timing of certain parts a bit. :v:

Midscreen throw w/ a D-trap behind: 3 skulls 2539 dmg

214D, 66, 6C+D, OMC, 214C, IAD, A+C, J.C, Land, C, IAD, (214C-Hits), J.C, Land, C, 236A~D, (214D-Hits), 66, C, 236A~D

Midscreen throw w/ a D-trap behind: 3 skulls 2557 dmg

214D, 66, 4C+D, OMC, 214D, 2AB, 236A~D, (214D-HIts), 66, Underneath, 2B, C, 236B~D, (214D-Hits), 236A~D

Put SMP details + all the combos in mynus's post in the 2nd post. If anyone thinks that the description for SMPs needs additional/changed details or if there's a SMP combo that should be added to it, let me know.

I thought the first 9-moves counted for SMP and the 10th move onward was not scaled. Can someone else confirm the SMP loop can be done w/ 236B being the 10th hit?

I just watch the SMP loops and how they work. My only problem is that you mention it requires 10 hits, but in some combos, the 10th hit is the first 236B. Does that mean that you actually need 9 hits or am I having trouble counting. Could there be moves that count as 2 hits (IE snipe vs. Snipe 5th hit) or 2.C (Fully charged) being different than 2.C

So if the 10th hit is 236B, will it still work or is there something I'm missing...

I thought the first 9-moves counted for SMP and the 10th move onward was not scaled. Can someone else confirm the SMP loop can be done w/ 236B being the 10th hit?

It can't, though I guessing OMB might also lead the confusion since it does count towards the SMP limit.

Yeah I'm pretty sure things like second a, charged 2c, and omb count as different moves.

Also, i don't remember the combo i was doing, but aoa starter after 214d in an smp combo looks pretty sweet. Something about bouncing people off the floor with the heel of your shoe that just feels right. Downside is recovery time, but there's still enough time to combo afterwards.

Ive been doing this with the variant I first started with, and the timing seems absurdly tight, enough so that I have NEVER gotten past 15 total hits. Maybe I am doing a version that does not actually work as I first read it and should try another because i am not actually this terrible

Make sure you are doing the entire combo, its not as simple as just doing 236B in a corner. After the combo start you pretty much have all day to connect them.

so repeat move has air hitstun scaling prior to hit 10 or so? That would explain it

Correct, the bug is something along the lines of the first 10 unique moves used in a combo have hitstun scaling applied to them. Any move after the 10th has no hitstun scaling applied outside of general combo length, So to get to the point where you can do the loop you have to perform the full combo first. I'm sure I didn't describe the bug technically correct but its along those lines.

So I was browsing Mayonaka Midnight's Naoto forums and found a great post that linked to some vids on Nicovideo that had setups/punishes vs Yu, Yosuke, and Chie R-Actions. Obviously, there was the standard SMP stuff, but some other cool things like ground 5C CH > 2[C] > dash to continue the combo without meter.

Safe jump setup vs Yu DP :ballYU:

5AAA or 5AAAA~D > IAD > low jC > (block). You can dash under him while he uppercuts to avoid a Ziodyne Super Cancel, and get a air 5C CH midscreen, or 236B~D FC near the corner.

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxQ4sbfyMWg&feature=plcp

Punishes:

*236B~D FC > 5C > 2[C] > 5B > 5C > 2[C] > 2B > (delay?) 5C > 2[C] > 5C > IAD > jB > jC > 5C > IAD > jA > jC > 5C > 236A~D (4.9k)

[This is a good universal, meterless, 236B~D FC punish in the corner for nearly 5k. Looks cool and pretty simple to do. If you want to use it in the middle of the screen, use 236B > OMB > dash 5C > [2C] > etc. Practice this!]

near corner air CH 5C > IAD jA > jC > dash 5C > IAD > jA > jC > dash 5C > 236A~D (3.3k)

midscreen air 2[C] CH > 5C > IAD jA > jC > dash 5C > IAD > jA > jC > dash 5C > 236A~D (3.5k)

(midscreen to corner) air 2[C] CH > 5C > IAD jA > jC > dash 5C > 236B > Mudoon > 214C > 236A~D > 214D > 236A~D > backup 2[C] > 5C > IAD jA > jC > 5C > 236A~D (5.8k, 50% meter)

(midscreen to corner) 236B FC > 214AB > C Shots > Mudoon > 214C > 236A~D > D trap > 236A~D > 5B > 5C > 2[C] > 2B > 5C > 2[C] > 5C > IAD > jB > jC > 5C > IAD > jA > jC > 5C > 236A~D (7.8k, 75% meter)

(Naoto in corner) 5C air CH > OMB > dashunder 5C > 236B > Mudoon > 214C > 236A~D (214C hits)> 214D > 236A~D (214D hits) > backup 2[C] > ...? (cuts out, but can probably do an IAD combo ender for 5kish, 50% meter and a burst)

(Naoto in corner) 5C air CH > Hamaon > dash under > 236B > Mudoon > 214C > 236A~D (214C hits)> 214D > 236A~D (214D hits) > backup 2[C] > 5C > IAD > jA > jC > 5C > 236A~D (5k, 100% meter)

[lol Hamaon in a combo]

Safejump setup vs Yosuke parry: :ballYO:

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGJmGrDi5-c&feature=plcp

Rising jA (whiff) > jC (whiff) to make the parry whiff, and punish the recovery with 5C or dashing 5B.

Punishes:

5B > 5C > 236B~D > dash 5C > IAD > jA > jC > 5C > 236A~D OR ...236B~C shots

5B > 5C > 236B~D > dash 5C > IAD > jA > jC > 5C > jB > jC > djB > jC > 236236A OR ...236B~A shots > 236236A

(corner to corner) 5B > 5C > 236B~D > dash 5C > IAD > jA > jC > 236AB > Mudoon > dash to corner > 214D > 2A? > 2B > [236A~D > 214D]x9 (7.6k)

ground 5C CH > 2[C] > dash 5A > 5B > 5C > sweep > 236A~D (2.1k)

ground 5C CH > 2[C] > dash 5B > 5C > IAD > jA > jA > jB > dash 5A > 5C > 236B~C shots (3186 meterless!)

[Now this is a stylish combo, similar to Yukiko's ground IAD combos where the opponent has to be spaced properly. Can't say no to almost 3.2k meterless!]

(Naoto is cornered) 5C CH > 214AB > A shots > Mudoon > D trap > 2A > 5A > 236A~D > backup 2[C] > dash 2B > [236B~D]x12 (8.1k, 75% meter)

5B > 5C > 236B~D > dash 5C > IAD jA > jC > 5C > 236AB~D > 5C > 236A~D (3.5k, 25% meter)

5B > 5C > 236B~D > dash 5C > IAD jA > jC > 5C > 214A~C shots > Mudoon > 214D > 2A > 2B > [236A~D > 214D]x7 (~6k, 50% meter)

5B > sweep > 236AB > Mudoon > dash up 214D > 2B > 236A~D > 214C > 214A~B shot (once, trap hits) ~D cancel > 5C > [236B~D]x7 (8.5k+, uses 75% meter)

5C CH > 2[C] > dash 5A > 5C > 236B~D > dash 5C > IAD > jA > jC > dash 5C > 236A~D (3.1k)

5B > 2B > 2C > Mudoon > 214D > sweep > 236A~D > 214C > 214A~B shot (once, trap hits) ~D cancel > 5C > [236B~D]x11 (8.5k+, 50% meter)

Setup vs Chie counter: :ballCHIE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=460dzO-mCU4&feature=plcp

You can get caught by the counter and still jump cancel. So 5A (catch) > JC to block the dragon kick and punish. However, if they have meter for Agneyastra, they'll push you away safely. So, you can make the dragon kick whiff with 5A(catch) > neutral jump cancel midscreen or forward jump cancel if you're in the corner to prevent a Super Cancel.

Punishes:

5B > 5C > 236B~C shots (2.4k)

5B > 5C > 236B~D > dash 5C > IAD jA > jC > 5C > 236A~D (2.8k)

(Naoto in corner) 5B > 2B > 2C > Mudoon > 214D > sweep > 236A~D > 214C > 214A~B shot (once, trap hits) ~D cancel > 5C > [236B~D]x11 (9.6k+, 50% meter, ToD?)

(midscreen to corner) 5B > 5C > 236B~D > dash 5C > 214A~C shots > Mudoon > 214D > 2B > 5C > IAD > jA > jC > 5C > [236A~D (214D hits) > 214D]x6 (6.6k, 50 meter)

(midscreen to corner) 5B > sweep > 236AB > Mudoon > dash up 214D > 2B > 236A~D > 214C > 214A~B shot (once, trap hits) ~D cancel > 5C > [236B~D]x7 (death?, uses 75% meter)

(corner to corner) 5B > 5C > 236B~D > 214AB > C shots > Mudoon > dash up 214D > 2B > 5C > IAD > jA > jC > 5C > [236A~D (214D hits) > 214D]x6 (4.2k, 75%)

(corner to corner) 5B > sweep > 236AB > 214AB~A shots > Mudoon > dash up 214D > 2B > 236A~D > 5C > [236B~D]x10 (4.7k, 100% meter)

If anyone spots any mistakes in these combo notations, feel free to point them out since a lot of the stuff was hard for me to see (I had to download the videos from nicovideo to rewind them properly, lowering the video quality).

Edit: Added YouTube links thanks to novriltataki

Can you point out which one in particular? Because in some of them, it looks like Naoto actually goes into the shooting stance instead of shooting from a 236X.