Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludwig van

[P4A] Naoto Shirogane - Combo Thread "My skills have been honed!" (Updated 1/20/2013)

I never understood what the post above this one was trying to get at, but switching any punish that usually involved 5B as your starter with 5C then 5B is amazing thanks to 0 P1. It boosts any of your SMP's damage by at least 1k that start with 5B for example. Just wanted to point that out for anyone who cares about optimizing their punishes for 50% meter or something and still cares about this version of P4A somewhat.

I was just questioning one of the combos listed on the thread OP. 5C > 2AB > 236A~Bx5 seems like a terrible way to start but it builds meter I guess.

Actually, just do this instead:

5C>5B>2AB>236A~Bx5>236236D>214C>(214C hits)>5AA>SMPx9>236A~D (50 meter, 6.5k damage)

I'm still honestly confused about the use of sweep>a fangs>b shots>mudoon lol.

Everyone should do:

5C> 5B> 2C> Mudoon> delay C Trap> D Trap> 236A~B(1)~D> 5C> IAD j.B> j.C> SMPx12 (Death for some characters)> 236A~D

Does like 9.3k.

5C> 5B> 2C> Mudoon> C Trap> D Trap> 236A~B(1)~D>2[C]>2B>236B~DxN will kill all tho 2[C] after 236A~B(1)~D is annoying

First off, here's an interesting video showing some fatal starter SMPs

As for the combo list, the reason why it is how it is is b/c there are a ton of different ways to make SMP combos and to list them all would take way more time than it's worth, so I made the combo recommendations section to serve as a starting point for people picking up Naoto. Everything else outside of that may be poorly optimized.

That said however, I think this thread could use one more update before P4U2. Maybe add/remove a few combos from the recommendation part, and add more to the general section.

So, expect that to be finished within a week or so.

5C> 5B> 2C> Mudoon> C Trap> D Trap> 236A~B(1)~D>2[C]>2B>236B~DxN will kill all tho 2[C] after 236A~B(1)~D is annoying

I highly recommend this one if you can do the 2[C] link consistently. Otherwise doing 2A 2B 5C or 5AA (5C) B fangs xN works too for similar damage though you probably won't get the kill on Kanji from max health.

236A, B shots into Mudoon should only really be used if you need the kill and you know a low damage SMP will be enough to do it. It's not a route i'd use for a punish. I'd probably do it if i low profile something with sweep and confirm it with 236A or something to kill. It's good to know since those situations do come up, so that particular SMP route is good under the right circumstances.

Dealing 10.5k+ damage is probably not a necessity if you're already running Mudoon, since you're hopefully facing an opponent who you built meter against by landing a few hits, rather than one who took you straight to Awakening yet isn't in the corner (seeing as how 5C 5B 2C isn't particularly strong corner carry), or one who let you Gold Burst straight into a 5C starter loop.

236A > B Shots off of Sweep starter makes sense since Sweep doesn't go into anything else except SB fangs (which leads to death), though I was thoroughly confused about choosing such a route off of 5C starter.

My execution is poor but I can try to write up a bunch of easy proper 50/75 SP setups sometime. I imagine important factors will be - carry distance, meter gain pre-Mudoon/SP-use, damage?