Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludwig van

[P4A] Naoto Shirogane - Combo Thread "My skills have been honed!" (Updated 1/20/2013)

IIRC, Naoto doesn't have a 214A/B? Did you mean Double Fangs instead?

214A+B is SB Aim; Naoto does a forwards roll and goes into aim stance. It's frame 1 invincible and can cross through the opponent.

Oh hey it looks like novril uploaded those vids to YouTube a week ago, updated my post with YT links for easier viewing.

Early in the match I am not concerned about dmg. I would rather prioritize skulls & meter, to setup the SMP & IK's. I am considering an early BnB like, AAA, 214A~D, link into 2C... hope this works. I'll get back w/ everyone on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7G1SllXZiY Figured this would be the most appropriate place to put this. Just a SMP setup from a Megido C trap.

If you do an IAD combo you can do this for 50 meter.

214C -> 66 -> 5B -> 5C -> IAD -> j.B -> j.C -> 5C -> 236236D -> 6[6] -> 214D -> .. -> 5AA -> 236A~D -> 44 -> 2[C] -> 5C -> 236BxN

Not sure if this one was posted. While cornered:

214ab~aaaaa -> Mudoon -> Megido D -> 2a -> 5aa -> 236a~d -> 2[c] -> 2b -> 236b~d x 7 -> 236a~d

(75 meter needed, will get back to you on damage)

Still can't connect that 2a very well, it seems harder on smaller chars like Liz, Naoto, and wtf Mitsuru =/

Question, what's a good midscreen DP punish combo if you won't carry to the corner or have meter?

Not sure if this one was posted. While cornered:

214ab~aaaaa -> Mudoon -> Megido D -> 2a -> 5aa -> 236a~d -> 2[c] -> 2b -> 236b~d x 7 -> 236a~d

(75 meter needed, will get back to you on damage)

Still can't connect that 2a very well, it seems harder on smaller chars like Liz, Naoto, and wtf Mitsuru =/

Question, what's a good midscreen DP punish combo if you won't carry to the corner or have meter?

Why not just do 5AA, 5C instead? It works so nicely lol.

2A has SMP and 5C doesn't, I think.

You mean replacing 2A>5AA w/ 5AA>5C? That should work, can't test it myself atm though. (Being at work sucks >_<)

And XDest, basically every move has potential usage in a SMP combo as long as using doesn't stop you from getting the 10 moves needed before using [236B~D]xN.

EDIT: So I tried Cat's combo w/ Rikir's suggestion + also switched out 2B w/ 5B, making the full input (while cornered) 214AB~Ax5>236236D>214D>5AA>5C>236A~D>2[C]>5B>SMPx10>236A~D which does 7240 damage. Also it probably won't happen very often (if at all) in matches, but the fewer shots that actually hit at the beginning, the higher the damage. But do note that at least the last 2 shots must connect (the game considers the first 4 shots separate from the last 1 due to it's extra properties.) or else the combo will be missing 1 move. If you only have the last shot connect but confirm it into Mudoon then you just got to do 2A before 5AA (gets you 7254 damage, besides the added 2A the input after gunshots is the exact same as the previous combo).

Ive been using:

236B (FC) > OMB > 5C > 2[C] > 66 > 2B > 5C > 2[C] > 66 > 5B > 5C > 2[C] > 5C > IAD j.BC > 5C > IAD j.BC > 5C > 236A

For about 5237.

------------

Anyways heres a corner combo that may have already been found(?). It builds meter well and actually does more damage than the standard IAD combo.

5BC > 236B > walk back a little > 5AAA > 5AAC > 236A~BBBBB (40 Meter, 3161, 1 Skull) Skip the B shots if you want a better oki setup.

--------------

P.S Has anyone figured out a meterless SMP Loop yet? Starting from a normal confirm?

Wow, thanks for testing it out. I didn't know you could use 5c instead... That's killer! I'm much better at landing 5a 5aa or 2ab pickups after mudoon, but that 2a was a doozy.

Here's a fraud tactic I think we've all seen: end the corner combo with 236b~d instead of the A version, wait for the opponent to tech in the air, and attempt airgrab. This has been working more often than it should. Speaking of which, should we have an oki/setup/shenanigans thread?

Here's a fraud tactic I think we've all seen: end the corner combo with 236b~d instead of the A version, wait for the opponent to tech in the air, and attempt airgrab. This has been working more often than it should. Speaking of which, should we have an oki/setup/shenanigans thread?

I've done this a good amount of times, with some nice results. I can see people picking up on this tactic pretty soon, but it still funny thing to throw out there every now and then. I also like how it sets up another mix-up since the landing seems to be at about the same time they can tech. Found myself using D Megido > stuff afterwards myself.

blargh and any interested parties, are you guys going to update teh wiki? seems pretty important...

naoto wiki page views: 13.1k

naoto combo page views: 7.1k

not to mention moderator duties include updating the wiki

Oh yeah ive totally been doing that hehe. After the last 236B, I set up a D Megido and then air throw them into it for a combo.

before I begin to dominate the dumb-SMP loop. Here's the details on optimizing death toll.

Midscreen 50 meter = 8 skulls, 921 dmg

C+D, C-follow up, 236236B (tight timing, Cannot buffer super)

I was learning the SMP loop off of a throw today and found you can actually buffer supers after a throw. What you do is throw ~wait for animation to end, then since the only thing you can do after that is C you can do 236C236B and it will come out as if you did C 236236B. So you cant buffer during the throw animation but you have time to buffer before the C goes off.

Now for this combo its almost a moot point because if you do it too fast the shot wont connect anyway. However this is useful for mudoon in the corner because if you are too slow it will shoot them out instead of into.

You cannot buffer in this one example b/c the timing is too late for the combo. =P other foloow ups are encouraged to buffer, just as you've written. I noted that here:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14436-Naoto-Shirogane-General-Ace-Detective&p=1370670&viewfull=1#post1370670

Anyways, AAA cannot special cancel or jump cancel. What a damn shame.

vs Kanji... what a funny hitbox

Trap, C, IAD J.B, J.C, no running. C. 236A~D