Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludwig van

[P4A] Naoto Shirogane - Combo Thread "My skills have been honed!" (Updated 1/20/2013)

From AntiAir 2B:

CH 2B, Delay, C, IAD, J.B, J.C, Land, Mudoon, 214D, AA, 236A~D, (D-trap hits), 44, 2[C], 66C, (236B~D)x11, 236A~D.

CH J.C on air opponent

CH J.C, Land, Delay, B, C, 2C, Mudoon, 214D, AA, 236A~D, 44, 2[C], 66C, (236B~D)x11, 236A~D.

If you need more corner carry, it's possible to do the first variant with CH j.C air-to-air

CH j.C -> land -> delay -> 5B -> 5C -> IAD -> j.A -> j.C -> 5C -> 236236D -> ~

I finally got a long set against a competent Teddie.

He is FLOTY: The most floaty character opponent in the game. This is why the "optimal" SMP setups will miss.

x, x, x, Mudoon, 214C, 214D, 236A~D (Whiff).

This does connect but you must hit him a few franes early and it's difficult and a different timing

Against Teddie I found this varient better for the 5B starter. This one, he FLOTYness helps.

B, C, 2C, Mudoon, 214D, 2A, 2B, 236A~D, AA, C, (236B~D)x8, 236A~B.

You can low profile his 5B w/ your 2A+B making it a strong poke. In general, just block a lot and be conscious of his AoA, if i crosses-up or not. His mixups are weak and approaching is the challenge.

Get the persona down to one stock than attempt to approach. At this point once he's half dead, just burst, persona break than SMP his ass.

Are there SMP combos off of EX Gunshot? If so that'd be amazing for when you're cornered, a lot of people get hit by it online.

214A+B > Ax5 > Mudoon > (dash) 214D > 5AA > 236A~D > 2[C] > 5B/2B > 5C > 236B~[D]...(can't remember how many reps, but does like 7k)

Allright guys, so sometimes we might end up doing an SMP loop that we cant remember the no. of reps to. When do you guys usually stop? If I started from something like 5A/Grab/2AB I try to ball park around 5-8, and try to aim for 10 for most other confirms.

Updated the wiki with Naoto smp combo list and notations. Got some nasty new stuff including smp combos off of R-Action & AoA air-bounce hit lolz. Here's a tidbit:

AoA (air bounce hit) > 5C > iad j.B > j.C > Mudoon > Megiddo C > Megiddo D > [Megiddo C hit] > 236A~B gunshot (x1)~D > [Megiddo D hit] > 2[C] > 5C >[236B~D x7] > 236A~D.

R-action (projectile follow up) > 5B > 5C > iad j.B > j.C > Mudoon > Megiddo D > 236A~D > [Megiddo D hit] > 2[C] > 2B > 5C >[236B~D xN] > 236A~D.

Burst Punish:

5C (air-hit) > iad j.B > j.C > Mudoon > Megiddo D > 5A (x2) > 236A~D > [Megiddo D hit] > 2[C] > 2B > 5C > [236B~D x14].

-Death (+10.5k)

Okay, I have an AoA D SMP combo though it's probably the weakest compared to the other two listed. But here it is:

AoA - D follow up > 5B > 5C > iad j.B > j.C > Mudoon > Megiddo C > Megiddo D > [Megiddo C hit] > 236A~D > [Megiddo D hit] > 2[C] > 5C > [236B~D x8] > 236A~D

I also have a small combo in the corner though it may be impractical due to taking opponent out of corner:

5A > 2A > 5B > 5C > 236B~D > 5AAA > 2A > 236A~D

2.3k : 38 meter

After dropping it constantly in a set against a Chie but not dropping it against other characters, I tested the trap IAD combo (214D hits>5C>IAD j.A>j.C>5C>236B>dash 5C>IAD j.A>j.C>5C>236A) against every character and made a difficulty list. The "difficulty" being mostly from connecting dash 5C.

Medium: Yu, Labrys, Kanji

Hard: Chie

Easy: the rest

I found it weird that Slab is easy whereas Labrys is medium, double checked both and got the same result again though. Mitsuru seemed to be the hardest of the easiest difficulty, but not quite medium imo. Anyone have any different thoughts/experiences w/ the different characters?

I've been seeing a lot of Naotos on streams just going into SMP for damage off of 5b 5c B Fang type starters. Are there combos listed somewhere for this?

Also what's a good combo SMP loop off of raw bullets? Ya know, when you shoot someone while they're in the corner and you hit em.

I'm trying to figure out all the situations I run across that I don't do much damage in and figure out a way to get more or combo into SMP from them.

For meterless 236B~D combos I use:

Midscreen: B, C, 236B~CCCCC.

Corner: B, C, 236B~D, C, IAD, J.B, J.C, C, Delay, 236A~D.

Corner & Meter build: B, C, 236B~D, 4, AAA, AA, 236A~D.

Starting w/ Bullets in the corner

214A~AAAAA, Mudoon, 214C, 214D, (C-trap hits) 236A~D, (D-trap hits), 44, 2[C], Delay, C, IAD, J.B. J.C, 66C, 236A+B, (236B~D)x8, 236A~D.

Can start w/ 214A+B also. Denpa did this @ SBO. Cost 75 meter but builds a lil bit too.

OMB variant

214A~AAAAA, Mudoon, 214C, 214D, (C-trap hits) 236A~D, (D-trap hits), 44, 2[C], Delay, C, IAD, J.B. J.C, OMB, (236B~D)x8, 236A~D.

I've been seeing a lot of Naotos on streams just going into SMP for damage off of 5b 5c B Fang type starters. Are there combos listed somewhere for this?

Also what's a good combo SMP loop off of raw bullets? Ya know, when you shoot someone while they're in the corner and you hit em.

I'm trying to figure out all the situations I run across that I don't do much damage in and figure out a way to get more or combo into SMP from them.

Idk if they're actually doing an SMP if they're using B double fang that early. I think they probably just didn't confirm into an SMP but they can still turn it into around 5k with this combo.

5B > 5C > 236B > Mudoon > 214C > 236A~D > [214C hits] 214D > 236A~D > [214D hits] 2[C] > 5C > IAD > j.A > j.C > 5C > 236 A~D

As for tagging people in the corner with bullets, just use the same combo you'd do if you Ex rolled out of the corner and tagged them with bullets.

Hi guys, was messing around with Naoto and noticed a fairly simple midscreen SMP combo missing from the OP. Maybe it's been mentioned already:

5AA > 2B > 2AB > 236AB > 236236D > 214D > 5B > 236A~D (214D hits) , 5C > SMP x14 > 236A~D (75 meter, 10K damage)

Oh yeah didn't even think about just doing the same thing as EX gunshot smp.

The only reason I asked about the B Fang SMPs is because I feel like I see naotos going into it a lot. It confuses me cause I have no idea how to SMP off of it so early.

I think these are my last two questions,

When you hit someone with a j.a multiple times how do you get an SMP off of it? When I get my corner trap mixups going I go either high, empty jump low, tick grab or I IAD back and delay pressure. Not sure how I get damage off of a j.A starter. My guess is you could do two traps maybe then a gunshot 2b 5c but I'm not sure. I guess it also depends on how many j.A's hit.

Does this combo work when the opponent is all the way in the corner and gets hit by a trap? I can't seem to get the gunshots into mudoon unless they're a little bit away from the corner. Maybe I need to delay gunshots more?

D trap > 5C > iad j.A > j.C > dash 5C > 214A > C shot x 5 > Mudoon > C trap > 5D > 236A > 5DD (3) > 236B x N

236236D > 214214A/B (launches into Mudoon for a SPLIT second) > ~C/D (IMMEDIATELY after 214214A/B hits) > OMB > 5AAA > 236236C > 2[C] > 5C > IAD > j.B > j.C > 5C > 236B~DxN

Impractical Naoto Combo Video material right here. If it hasn't been developed and used already. ; ;

Oh yeah didn't even think about just doing the same thing as EX gunshot smp.

The only reason I asked about the B Fang SMPs is because I feel like I see naotos going into it a lot. It confuses me cause I have no idea how to SMP off of it so early.

I think these are my last two questions,

When you hit someone with a j.a multiple times how do you get an SMP off of it? When I get my corner trap mixups going I go either high, empty jump low, tick grab or I IAD back and delay pressure. Not sure how I get damage off of a j.A starter. My guess is you could do two traps maybe then a gunshot 2b 5c but I'm not sure. I guess it also depends on how many j.A's hit.

Does this combo work when the opponent is all the way in the corner and gets hit by a trap? I can't seem to get the gunshots into mudoon unless they're a little bit away from the corner. Maybe I need to delay gunshots more?

D trap > 5C > iad j.A > j.C > dash 5C > 214A > C shot x 5 > Mudoon > C trap > 5D > 236A > 5DD (3) > 236B x N

To be honest, I don't think it's worth it to try going for an SMP off j.a. I actually haven't tried it, but I can imagine it'll prorate really hard unless you manage to get only one j.a in there. Usually I just do a meterless corner combo off of them and set up oki again.

As for your question about the combo off D trap, it works. Just try and make sure they're above your head before you try and connect the C shots and it should work.

j.AA into SMP is ~6.5k damage if not more. Honestly, there isn't anything that isn't worth going into SMP if you have 75 meter.

j.AA > 5AA > 2AB > 236AB > 236236D > 214D > 5B > 236A~D (214D hits) , 5C > SMP x9 > 236A~D (75 meter, 6.5K damage)

j.AA > 5AA > 5B > 2C > 236236D > 214D > 2AB > 236A~D (214D hits) , 2[C] > 5C > SMP x6 > 236A~D (50 meter, 5K damage)

Gunshots might do a little more damage in the corner, too lazy to test it.

Now that I am comfortable w/ SMP loops & optimal BnB's, I've begun implementing SMP's w/ trap starters. These are great for corner OKI confirms.

Corner OKI C-Trap

50 meter. 10k dmg

(C-trap hits), C, 236236D, 214D, AA, 236A~D, (D-trap Hits), 44, 2[C], C, IAD, J.B< J.C, 66C, (236B~D)x12, 236A~D.

OMB 7.5K

(C-trap hits), C, SJ.A, J.B, J.C, J.D, OMB, 2A, AA, C, (236B~D)x10, 236A~D.

Corner OKI D-Trap

50 meter- Difficult timing & Delays, Much easier Midscreen w/ the same notations. 5.8K dmg

(D-trap hits), 2[C], C, IAD, J.B, J.C, 66C, 214A~CCCCC, 236236D, 214C, (C-trap hits), AA, C, (236B~D)x5, 236A~D.

OMB, 8K dmg

(D-trap hits), 2A, 2B, C, SJ.A, J.B, J.C, J.D, OMB, B, C, (236B~D)x11, 236A~D.

Midscreen Variants:

OMB

(D-trap hits) 2A, 2B, C, SJ.A, J.B, J.C, OMB, Land, 66, 2[C], 66B, C, (236B~D)x11, 236A~D.

50 Meter 5.8K dmg

(D-trap hits), 2[C], C, IAD, J.B, J.C, 66C, 214A~CCCCC, 236236D, 214C, (C-trap hits), AA, C, (236B~D)x8, 236A~D.

Does anyone have Teddie specific combos for all the practical starters? I dread this matchup because a large portion of my SMP loops use two traps and don't work on Teddie.

Speaking of trap OMB, has this been posted yet?

(0 meter, burst required) (Trap hits) -> 6[6] -> 5AA -> 5B -> JC -> j.B -> j.C -> OMB -> 2[C] -> 5C -> IAD -> j.A -> j.C -> 5C -> 236BxN [~6.5k]

Slightly easier:

(Trap hits) -> 6[6] -> 2A -> 5AA -> SJC -> j.B -> j.C -> OMB -> 2[C] -> 5C -> j.A -> j.C -> 5C -> 236BxN [~6.1k]

Does anyone have Teddie specific combos for all the practical starters? I dread this matchup because a large portion of my SMP loops use two traps and don't work on Teddie.

The universal j.C -> 5B -> 5C -> 2C -> 236236D -> 9 -> 214D -> 5AA -> 236A~D -> 44 -> 2[C] -> 66 -> 5C -> 236BxN works on him.

Also, 5B -> 5C -> 2C -> 236236D -> 9 -> 214C -> 214D -> (C trap hits) -> 236A~D -> 44 -> 2[C] -> 66 -> 5AA -> 236BxN works on him too. This one isn't good on him, the C trap hitting into 236A is really specific. I guess use Kyle's suggestion, or:

5B -> 5C -> 2C -> 236236D -> 214D -> 5AA -> 236A~D -> 44 -> 2[C] -> 5C -> IAD -> j.A -> j.C -> 5C -> 236BxN is a nice fallback if you can't get anything else.

Neither are Teddie specific, but work on him, so that's a plus.

Teddie I prefer:

..., Mudoon, 214D, 2A, 2B, 236A~D, (D-trap hits), AA, C, (236B~D)x8, 236A~D.

He's so floaty the 2A. 2B, 236A~B is easy.

Just a bit of fooling around with OMB:

(25 meter, burst required) 5B -> 2B -> 2A~B -> 236A+B -> OMB -> 66 -> 2[C] -> 5A -> 5C -> IAD -> j.B -> j.C -> 5C -> 236BxN [~7k]