Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludwig van

[P4A] Naoto Shirogane - Combo Thread "My skills have been honed!" (Updated 1/20/2013)

It works on everyone but Yosuke, teddie and labrys'. Though what I was testing was converting any standing hitconfirm into a iad combo. Seems it's very practical and in the other mention bunch case you just go into j.aaab instead. While. Not possible off the jab confirms you can do a 25 meter smp off 5b and like wise for 5.4k damage.

Side note: I had two meterless smp's day 3 of console release. Lol

Are they different then the previous combo posted? If so, Care to share the combos?

can Naoto SMP off of a counter hit J.D hit confirm? I like to IAD backwards, J.D, and it's always a counter hit cause people love to press buttons. I'm just wondering is it possible. sorry if this has already been discuss in the threads.

Uhh i made up a new smp loop... the video is kinda sketchy

[edit]I thought that no one had made a smp loop like this but i just found one earlier today... oh well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMPZADOU0dM&list=UUA5yNcenivMBdcf7XYDKbSQ&index=1&feature=plcp

I plan on re-uploading the video just to get better quality

Uhh i made up a new smp loop... the video is kinda sketchy
So where's the video?

Anyway I still can't connect 2[C] after Mudoon. I tried doing 214B~D like someone previously suggested to alleviate the timing issue of it but still no good. :(

Uhh if i may give my opinion,, after the 236a Dtrap connects simply hold back and allow naoto to take 2steps backwards then begin the charge of 2D then after it hits do 66-2B 5c the 66 will allow u to regain any lost ground. An it also auto-adjust the height for you. SInce my biggest problem with the loop is connecting 2B due to height problems

I'm not talking about connecting 2[C] after bouncing the opponent up from a D trap, I'm talking about connecting 2[C] after the opponent gets hit with Mudoon. :v:

During Mudoon, wait until a red cross-off shows up saying "Miss," and immediately start charding 2c - this seemed to work for me consistently.

I got ignored :(. I'm guessing she can't do it? When near the corner, Naoto can IAD backwards aerial D(J.D) very low to the ground, then Mudoon once she lands. I was wondering if anyone has a SMP loop from that hit confirm. pretty please?

uhh jd mudoon 214D(Place) 2a 5aa 5c delay 236a [2]c 2b 5c 236B xN

if your trying to kil someone try

jd OMB 214D (place) 5aa 5c 236a [2]C 2b 5c 2c mudoon mudoon mudoon 236b xN

meterless SMP's from a AOA

AOA~D 5b 2b 5c 2c OMB 214d (Place) 236a 214d hits 236b xN its about a good 5k

midscreen jb jc 2a 5aa 2b 5b sweep OMB 5c 236b 66 236b 236b xN a good 6k

jc 5a 2b 5b 5c 236a~A spam follow up OMB 66 jb jc 236bxN

loops from opposite screen to coners

236ab 214ab~A followup mudoon iad 214d (place) sweep 236a [2]C 2b 5c 236b xN

214214A~D OMB 66 [2]C 66 jb jc 5c 236AB 214ab~Afollow up mudoon iad 236bxN

J.D, Mudoon, 214D, AA, 236A~D, (D-trap hits), 44, 2[C], C, IAD, J.B, J.C, Land, 66C, (236B~D)x?

J.D, Mudoon, 214D, AA, 236A~D, (D-trap hits), 44, 2[C], C, IAD, J.B, J.C, Land, 66C, (236B~D)x?

is this her staple SMP? seems to work for must hit confirms. I was thinking something crazy would have to be done off a J.D Mudoon. lol

I use this to SMP off of a C-trap trap on hit.

I try to standardize parts of the SMP setup based on ease. :3

No dashing 2B.... never dashing 2B.

I use this to SMP off of a C-trap trap on hit.

I try to standardize parts of the SMP setup based on ease. :3

No dashing 2B.... never dashing 2B.

Yeah. If I'm going to be putting forward dashes in, it's going to be for a 5AA/5B/5C.

Hi guys, I've got a few questions about Naoto's proration.

I'm assuming (but not entirely sure) that 2C[3]'s proration of 100 is applied 3 times? As in, 100+100+100. And that 236A's P2 of 100 is also applied twice (ie all Double Fangs)? And the same with 5D~D applying 3 times.

It'd be nice to know, especially if it isn't, since I'd like to keep proration as low as possible.

- - - - -

236A and 236B, most likely the EX version as well, essentially have 0, 100 for P2.

5D~D = 0, 0, 100

2C[3] = 0, 0, 100

Unless I'm mistaken, 2C[3]'s damage is 300, 150, 150, and 2C's damage is 400.

Oh hey, I should probably contribute something here. So when I first learned Naoto I made a pretty simple guide on how to go into an SMP loop from any random hit into Mudoon. Originally inspired by strategies from Ginseng, and then I refined it into a numerical system. I would like to share with you all.

First off, handy pastebin form!

http://pastebin.com/qxBUKW4T

Direct copy-paste version:

Jason SMP notes:

Omit the last 2A whenever possible. Never do it period if you did a 2A earlier. Horrible proration.

Watch the number on the combo counter right after the wallstick. Works for all combos with a 5C before the Mudoon. If 5C was not used, mentally add 1 to the counter.

If it is "7"+, super easy. D trap, 236A~B~D, go.

If it is "6", easy mode. D trap, 236A~B~D, 2B, 5C, go.

If it is "5", D trap, 2AB, 236A~B~D, 2B, 5C, go.

If it is "4", D trap, 2AB, 236A~B~D, 2A, 2B, 5C, go.

If it is "3", D trap, 5AA, 236A~B~D, 2A, 2B, 5C, go.

The combo counter will actually be the same number as the number of SMP moves you've already used. Therefore, the lower the number, the more SMP stuff you still need to do before the loop.

Simple notes: If it is 5 or less, sweep first. It it's 4, add the 2A. If less than that, do the long one.

Exceptions:

More than 1 j.A

More than 1 j.B

More than 1 2A

Already comboed 5A, 2A, 5A or 2A, 5A, 2A.

- Never do the above anyway.

Used a 2B already

- This might come up. I don't know many good setups for it.

Started with 3[C]

- Subtract 2 from the counter. (I do 3[C], 5B, 5C, 2C, Mudoon. "5")

Started with 5DD

- Just do hard mode combo.

Any bullets

- Just do hard mode combo. (Omit the B shot though. Bullets were already used.)

Bullets into 5DD

- Do a "4". One above the hard mode combo. Or just do the hard one. Whatever.

AoA into corner (5B, 5C, Mudoon...)

- Do a "6". Easy mode.

Throw

- Do a "4".

EX Double Fang hit.

- Subtract 1 from the counter. Do a "3" if you did a raw one straight into super. Show-off.

D trap

- Whole other combo:

5C, IAD, j.A, j.C, 5C, 214A, C shots, Mudoon, C trap, 5AA (while the trap hits), 5C, 236B x n.

End quote.

Simply put, for any new players, that's a very handy way to SMP off of any random combo, if you have 50 meter. While these combos aren't optimal, they are extremely easy, and they do damage that is almost the same as other versions. They also will always work on all characters. I'm looking at you, Teddie. Though this doesn't include my later discoveries on how to SMP off things like air throws, and OMBs, and such, but I'm sure that info is elsewhere in this thread.

I highly recommend this for any beginning Naoto players, or simply anyone who's sick of dropping C trap into 236A, or 2[C] dash forward.

Edit: Dustloop messes up my formatting. Pastebin version looks better.

Awesome Jason... perfect for those who can't really memorize the optimal stuff for every starter!

Btw, here's a sure-kill SMP... Perfect for bragging rights :D

FC 236B 2A 5AA 5C 2[C] 5C IAD j.B j.C j.D 5B 236236Dx3 214C 214D C Hits [236A~D D Hits 214D]x Death

Not sure if it's been posted, but it was inspired by a bit of a cmv I watched long ago... So it may not be THE new thing.

Here are a couple of combos i think might be good to know for when you get these confirms (some of these might already be posted, so bear with me):

-5AA 5B 2AB 236A~B(1) OMB wait for the opponent to fall, IAD j.a/j.b j.c 5C 236Bx? for roughly 6K. Works from a little less than half screen away from the corner.

Now what i think most people do for this combo after the OMB is to go for 2[C] dash 2b 5c 236B for the SMP combo. I dunno about you guys but im bad at dashing after 2[C], so i tried this and it works pretty well. Decent carry to the corner too. What is also nice about this is that if you build enough meter, you can tack on Mudoon whenever you want on this to nearly kill, if not flat out kill.

In the corner, AOA~D FC, 5B 2B 5C IAD J.C EX Trap, land 5B, C trap hits, 236A~D, D trap hits, 236Bx? (I feel this was already posted :\) . Im pretty sure this does 4k for 25%, which is pretty decent. Ending this with 236A gives trap oki so its very nice. You can also tack on Mudoons to this to do nice damage.

Near Corner: FC 236B~D, 2A 5B 5C IAD J.C EX trap, land slight delay 5AA, C-trap should hit here, 2B, 236A~D, D-Trap hits. [ 214D, 236A~D]x?.

Nice DP punish for 25%. You should have time to dash 2A if you arent right in the corner, but not too far out, especially if you hit them out of the air. Kinda hard to get the right height so that your 5AA 2B 236A connects but is definitely worth the damage if you only have 25%. Once again, what is nice about this is that you can tack on Mudoons to this.

Also, for those of you who can do the meterless SMPs that involve sj AD j.a j.b j.c from 5C, i really advise you to try to go into that combo route whenever you can off standing confirms because the meter and corner carry you get is really nice. So something like 2A 5AA 5B 5C sj. AD j.a j.b j.c land 5AAA gives you a good amount of meter(almost 30 SP if im not wrong) and a safe jump setup so that you can continue your pressure, fuzzy, mixup, whatever you want really to build even more meter for a really early Mudoon combo. You could also land slight dash 2B 5C 236B into C shots for damage+meter, or even do land 5AA 2AB 236A for knockdown+ trap cross up mixup too. Practice this guys.

Around 29:07 of this video, you can see 5D~D>5C combo into 236B:

I'm having problems recreating it (I assume due to height and spacing), anyone have any luck w/ it? I can do CH 5D~D>236B and 5D~D>5C>236AB but not the one in the video. I'm curious what combo possibilities this could lead to.

Around 29:07 of this video, you can see 5D~D>5C combo into 236B:

I'm having problems recreating it (I assume due to height and spacing), anyone have any luck w/ it? I can do CH 5D~D>236B and 5D~D>5C>236AB but not the one in the video. I'm curious what combo possibilities this could lead to.

Actually I did a study on combos off of 5D a while ago, and this was one of the combos I came up with. Genereally what accounts for here is width of the character. I found that this combo is fairly easy on Labrys, Aigis, Yukiko, and Teddie. Theres some others but I didnt list them in my notes. CH obviously makes this combo 100x easier.

The full combo is something like this:

5D~D > 665C > 236B~D > 665C > IAD j.BC > 5C > 236A~D (3519 Damage, +23 Meter)

Also since I finished studying this yestuarday, heres my results off linking 665C after 236B from various confirms:

I am only going to list the confirms that allowed me to get the 665C, my analysis included the chains which would allow for 236B to confirm but unless you guys want that, I wont bother posting.

Labrys/Shadow Labrys: Nothing works on her.

Mitsuru: 5B5C, 5A5C, 2B5C, 662A5B5C.

Aigis: 5C, 5B5C, 5A5C, 2B5C, 665C, 665A5B5C, 662A2B5C, 665A5C, 662B5C, 662A5B5C, 662A2B5C

Naoto: Nothing works on her.

Yukiko: 5C, 5B5C, 5A5C, 2B5C, 665C, 665B5C, 665A5B5C, 665A2B5C, 665A5C, 662A5B5C

Yu: 5B5C, 5A5C, 5A5B5C, 662A2B5C, 665A2B5C

Elizabeth: 5C, 5B5C, 5A5C, 2B5C, 665C, 665A5B5C, 665A5C, 662B5C, 662A5B5C, 662A2B5C

Yosuke: 5C, 5B5C, 5A5C, 2B5C, 665C, 665A5B5C, 665A5C, 662B5C, 662A5B5C, 662A2B5C

Chie: Nothing works on her.

Kanji: Nothing works on him. However his hitbox allows him to be hit by 236B from almost any confirm, just not the follow up 5C

Teddie: 5B5C, 2B5C, 662A5B5C, 662A2B5C, 665A2B5C

Akihiko: 5B5C, 2B5C, 662A2B5C, 665A2B5C

Notes:

-General rule of thumb here is that if a character is shorter than Naoto or the same height (in terms of their standing hurtbox), then they wont get hit by 665C.

-Sometimes dashing chains affects the distance of how far they will end up after 236B as opposed to standing chains, sometimes its too far and you cant connect.

-Dashing chains make it easier to combo into 236B of course. Some of them even allow to follow up.

-All data was collected off of the position on the screen from P1 side with P1 cornered.

-If I couldnt get the link after 10 tries I assumed it just didnt work.

-Dashing normals had a good run before normals were inputted.

Have yet to try this combo, but 5D~D 5C 2C Mudoon *loop* is a nice catch. Now, if only 2C worked at point blank in corner...

Well you dont really need the 2C in that combo. You can kill without it.

Regarding the 5D combos, you can actually get them to work on the entire cast as long as you delay the 236B a little. This is really good because I've been looking for a good meterless combo off 5D for a long time, other than 5D > 2C or 5D > C shots. 5D (disappear) > A+C > 5D~D (summon) crossups hit people all the time (on netplay at any rate...). An important thing to note about these combos is the timing of the dash 5C. The last hit of 5D~D launches the opponent up in a spinny animation, right as they fall, you should dash right up to them and input 5C to reset Sukuna-Hikona's position. Then just cancel into a delayed 236B to hit everyone. Just make sure you don't dash too far, or you may make the 236B whiff, or end up dashing behind the opponent and getting a 214B instead. You want to be as close as you can underneath them without crossing under them to make the dash 5C > IAD part of the combo as smooth as possible.

More 5D comboz, with and without meter:

5D~D > dash 5C > delay 236B~Cx5 (3027 dmg, 24 meter gain)

5D~D > dash 5C > delay 236B~D > dash 5C > IAD delay jA > jC > 5C > 236A~D (3420 dmg, 23 meter gain)

...236A~Bx5 (3857 dmg, 27 meter gain)

...236A~Bx5 > 236236A (4629 dmg)

(Awakening)...236A~Bx5 > 214214B > A...A...A...C (5457 dmg)

With One More Burst:

5D~D > dash 5C > OMB > dash 2[C] > 5C > IAD > delay jA > jC > dash 5C > 236B~D > dash 5C > IAD > delay jA > jC > dash 5C > 236A~D (4414 dmg, 10 mg)

...236A~Bx5 (4732 dmg, 10 mg)

...236A~Bx5 > 236236A (5524 dmg)

(Awakening)...236A~Bx5 > 214214B > A (once)....C (5797 dmg)

If anyone has trouble hitting the 2[C] in her loop starters after the b gunshot into stance cancel, I started messing with this plink today and it seems way more consistent than holding the button. The engine mechanic that repeats inputs for a few frames doesn't seem to work well in this particular instance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1z50Icwx1Q