Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC

[P4A] Chie Satonaka - Combo Thread

ah, my bad. Basically, any normal that is "jump cancelable" can be canceled by just inputting jump as you hit someone with it. Most of the time you can do that on hit or block. Never on whiff tho.

I've only been recently learning chie and im getting the hang of her combos however Im stuck trying to start her oki, I trying doing 2A> 2B> 2AB> 5DD but her persona dosent reach the opponen it just whiffs the 5DD. Does anyone know what im doing wrong? Help plz?

are you sure you're actually doing 5DD, and not just 5D? There's no reason 5DD should whiff after 2A > 2B > 2AB. Just practice it and keep mashing D after inputting 5D to see if it changes anything. Otherwise you probably aren't cancelling into it and are waiting too long to do it. You don't need all the hits to connect btw.

Im posotive im doing 5DD, Tomoe spins its blade around for muitple hits and I do mash D after 2AB but only the last hit reaches. And I know the opponent has to wake up whilst tomoe's blade spins but when they do their just out of reach

the only other thing I'm thinking is that you could be doing 2DD instead of 5DD. Does Chie crouch when she calls Tomoe? If that's what's happening, then just make sure you go back to neutral before you do it because you're probably doing it too fast after sweep, and still holding down. If *that's* not it, I don't know what it could be without seeing a video of it.

Any tips of doing the AOA (FC) > C > j6D > 5B (dash) combos? I have trouble getting the dash buffer with jB down

Well, firstly you can just do j.5D (I actually think that's the same as j.6D, as far as I'm aware only j.5/2/8D actually do anything) and it'll work all the same. When learning the combo I recommend practicing it in the corner first so you can get a feel for non dash 5B timing, since the dash doesn't actually change how long you have to do the combo. As for whiffing the j.B midscreen, just do the j.B late so that it eats any attempted dash inputs, and then buffer the dash right after the j.B and hit 5B. It's a bit more lenient then you might think, which you'll see if you try it in the corner first.

Okay, so what does it mean when it says "AA" in front of a combo? Checked the Notation-thread in the beginners subforum, but there was nothing about "AA".

Also: There are so many  combos in here. Which one would you recommend to learn first (midscreen, not counterhit-only, dmg focus)?

Okay, so what does it mean when it says "AA" in front of a combo? Checked the Notation-thread in the beginners subforum, but there was nothing about "AA".

Also: There are so many  combos in here. Which one would you recommend to learn first (midscreen, not counterhit-only, dmg focus)?

If it's one of mine, I'm a terrible person and don't always use the "proper" notation for things or just shorten things, sorry about that. Anyway, AA in this case means anti air, so anything that involves you hitting them with a ground normal while they're in the air.

As for combos to start with, midscreen knockdown > 5DD stuff is good (such as 2A > 5B > 2B > 2A+B > delay 5DD for oki). Normally, most combos work with slightly different starters and slightly different confirms, so it's hard to explain in anime terms. Like 5B > 2B > 236A > 236A > 5B > 5C > 236B > 236B > 5C > AOA in the corner: a lot of those combo parts can be tweaked and changed up, and the combo will still work. For example you could omit the first 2B and the combo would still work. It might help to break combos down into combo parts, but that can be hard just looking at the huge list of combos.

For starters, just know your A starter (2A/5A) midscreen/corner combos and your B starter (5B/2B) midscreen/corner combos, and don't be afraid to add a move or two in an actual match once you get them down to learn if they work with different starters/extra moves. Knockdown with Chie almost always is better than damage, so go for that 95% of the time unless you think you can kill with damage. You might miss a few kills starting out, but you want to get the muscle memory down. And it's not like knockdown isn't still going to be the route for Chie in the next game, you just won't get 5DD knockdowns off all of them, so it's not going to hurt you too much.