Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

furix

Arcana Heart 2

I am so glad I didn't preorder that game now. I almost did a few weeks ago. I wonder if Examu is even going to bother making up for that.

They got a new IP on the way. They best not piss of their fans even more then they already have. Unless their fans are to weak-willed to resist the moe~

more like a fixed ps3 version, only available with a Heart-Pink PS3 + Joystick bundle. And the joystick lags.

Maybe it's a good port. The only problem is that PS2 can't handle with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr7QizVWYsg

Someone playing on PCSX2 at 70 FPS without slowdowns.

It IS a bad port because it does not run well on the hardware it was intended for. I guess there is some potential in emulating it though.

Having to use an emulator to make the game playable doesn't qualify it as a good port no, lol. But we've seen games be re-released and developers' apologies for things not nearly this bad, so here's hoping there's some kind of fix by AQ/Ecole/Examu/Atlus/WhiteRob/Arturo/God.

i tested AH2 on emu, with constant 60fps, but lag just like on ps2 during supers and on Arcana select screen. also, just like back when i tried it with HNK, had input lag. i don't know, setting your emu to 70fps max doesnt seem like a good way to fix this? the game would run faster and still lag, just less overall? or am i misunderstanding something here?

now that i've had a chance to play it first hand, i wonder how come no one is complaining about the graphics? this game looks like pure shit. funny thing is that the youtube videos look better than the pictures on my tv. seriously, wtf?

now that i've had a chance to play it first hand, i wonder how come no one is complaining about the graphics? this game looks like pure shit. funny thing is that the youtube videos look better than the pictures on my tv. seriously, wtf?

See the SRK thread for a full banquet of whine.

Maybe it's a good port. The only problem is that PS2 can't handle with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr7QizVWYsg

Someone playing on PCSX2 at 70 FPS without slowdowns.

That's still a bad port with graphics glitches and grossly incorrect speeds, among other problems. Emulating it makes it more bearable (in training mode at least) but it's still a crap port.

Plus it's a port of 2.5, not 2.6. Examu!

For some strange reason AH2 is running much better at emulator. Even my crap PC is running well(a little more than 30 FPS, against GGXXAC+'s 7 FPS) ... and now I'm looking for a tutorial, as no one want to explain me the system because they refuse to play that =p

god-fudgin-damnit i was gonna get my ps2 import ready and everything for ah2/actual iidx but man this is just terribly disappointing news.... they seriously had to have not play-tested it at ALL

Uh... no anti-aliasing.... :psyduck: Was the first game like this? I don't remember. Anyways... after playing through the story mode, my eyes got tired really fast... :psyduck: Now the lag is my secondary concern.

I hate what they did with the port, but I still cant stop playing the game. Its probably cause I never got a chance to, when some of my friends from New Orleans went to play it in Arcades in Texas. I've been waiting to try the game out for over a year, so after making up some combos, I just don't give a fuck. I think its still great to have the game to make up combos and strats, for when a good port comes out. Id rather be ahead of the game then behind it :s. Just some characters play better than others. I don't have problems with Akane and Kamui, but Elsa holy sparkles she shoots out with her C moves, slows the game down from time to time.

They never miss the playtesting FRC > making money combo.

do you seriously think they missed the lag?

there are a lot of reasons why a publisher / developer would rush a game. it certainly doesn't help that sony dropped its regulations for ps2 titles a while ago (see fate:UC, disc is of inferior quality, spins like its about to explode).

No, I'm saying they FRC'd their playtesting before it became active to achieve more money with less effort, a scrubby combo if I've ever known one.