Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

furix

Arcana Heart 2

Because I'd like to discuss this game in here. :)

Videos: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=henvoke

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=geesendou

Incase some of you ain't up to date with what's new:

New system stuff include: Arcana Blast, Critical Heart, and Arcana Homing.

Critical Heart is like level 3 supers, Arcana Homing is like what it sounds, you can homing cancel arcana moves... I am still not very sure what Arcana Blast does though.

New characters!

Petra

Catherine

Zenia(lulz nanoha character with a pile bunker)

Dorothy(It's not a shota)

Elsa(She's a belmont)

Clarice(Lol Remilia)

(Credit to tianyuan since they are from this photobucket account :s )

So far I am liking Catherine and her guruguru~

d-d-d-d-discuss :shy:

Arcana Blast is an alpha-counter style move that uses one bar. Knocks them away and powers up your arcana moves (or at least some of them) while you still have the aura from it.

Arcana Blast is an alpha-counter style move that uses one bar. Knocks them away and powers up your arcana moves (or at least some of them) while you still have the aura from it.

Oh okay, has anyone even been using it?

Ugh two nuns? Im really hating this nun fetish move. Seems like any 2d fighter that comes out must have one.

nuns are da hot deal now days!!

Actually, I find Elsa boring, but I kind of dig Clarice, I just wish she played less like Remilia, but I like her overall design.

Oh okay, has anyone even been using it?

yes, it looks a lot like Melty Blood circuit spark or whatever MB bursts are called. People have been doing it pretty often really.

PWF:

miserable pile of inputs

The way I see it, Arcana Blasts give you the same powerups as Arcana Blaze for a set period as well as allowing you to push away your opponent. One example is that rock arcana's arcana blast gives superarmor. No idea what any of the other arcana blasts do, I'm afraid.

Each character has their own arcana, so there's 6 new arcanas as well. Ice (Zenia), Sacred/Judgment (Petra), Punishment (Elsa), Sin (Clarice), Magnet (Cathy), Mirror (Dotty).

So does Clarice red circle thing regenerate her life? I dunno if it's just me but when she activates her Arcana during the red circle the red chunk of life upon hit looks like it gets refilled. I'm looking to use Zenia though, Burai with no command dash lol.

It might, I honestly haven't watched Clarice very carefully because I hate her. What I do know is that it gives her a followup super that does a bunch of damage (her Critical Heart, I suppose) and might be unblockable or something. Easy to combo off that down swipe attack. And I get more of an EFZ Kaori feel from Zenia than Burai but shrug boxers D:

Dorothy looks like shes gonna be awesome. Stage magician!! it took me like 10 minutes to notice the lion, scarecrow, and tin man behind her though. Lol. :psyduck:

Man Konoha looks funner to play as. The silly air command grab for a combo ender is awesome, it gives such a nice knockdown to allow oki followups. Oh not to mention that her air command grab super is made of real win. :psyduck:

Air command grab super, is that new? I can't remember because I didn't know her whole command list too well to begin with, but I seem to recall it not being in before. I'll be playing zenia for the pilebunker, or at least trying her. >>

The air command grab super's her CH... so it's new. As of now, I'm still luvin Heart... but I gotta admit, that Zenia player definitely makes her look worth playing. Pilebunker all day and SUPER PILEBUNKER!!!!!

If I would of known a little earlier, I probably would of been able to make it. But, good stuff, hope you guys have fun! And I expect plenty of pictures~ :s

I might hit by and see if I can get some AH 2 action. If not, then I can wait till Austin gets it. OMG, Austin vs Houston ;o