Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

furix

Arcana Heart 2

Can someone post replays of the big mech girl? I mean, I'm curious. What can she do that Kira doesn't already? And if she's a big heavy damage type character then I don't see how Fiona isn't already in that niche. I'm curious to see what she's all about I guess.

What Catherine does that Kira doesn't? Catherine spams fast high-priority jump attacks way better than Kira, has a better normal throw and better airthrow, has way better ground tech trap sets, makes better use of the new mechanics (arcana blast especially), way safer GCs and GC baits. Fiona isn't a "big heavy damage type" because, well... she doesn't do "big heavy damage." She swings a big heavy sword for about as much damage as other people manage to do, at best. Catherine is generally going to do more damage than Fiona, in any case (Fiona clean-hits are crazy though).

Okay so basically what I was getting at was I couldn't see any way they could possibly make her that would be a total rapist. So...I was right about that? I figured she'd be be like, big heavy smash girl, since the game already has a grappler. Oh well, just curious. What are some of the new arcanas' passives and such?

Hazard: - sacred - charged E attacks seem a bit faster; powerup (421E, also in effect when you Arcana Blast or activate) lets you regain a bit of red life after getting hit, ArcBlast also shoots the equivalent of the 214214E and powers up 214E. Arcana Force = Zillael shows up and shoots a big ball of light, comes out quick and is easy to combo but no invul and not safe on block. - ice - E attacks cause freezing on hit (slows them down, reduces pushback), dash becomes a slide (works like KoF running as opposed to SF dashing), Arcana Blast adds freeze effect to all normals, as does activating; activating also makes all 236E and 214E projectiles into their lvl3 version. AF = Almacia appears and shoots a wave of ice, decent speed, good damage and un-airblockable. - sin - charged E attacks become a fast-recovery projectile, ArcBlast raises attack power based on how little life you have left. Activate makes all your moves do block damage. AF - fast spearchain thing from the ground that leads to more spearchains from nowhere, un-airblockable, damage is so-so but it's easy to combo or catch people out of nowhere. - punishment - charged E attacks some weird slide (no stagger) so you can homing and ground combo, ArcBlast = attack up and defense down. Activate adds more hits to the arcana attacks. AF = Koshmar shows up, takes its sweet time, then does a big unblockable chop for hefty damage. - magnet - charge E attacks pull in during the charge, 4GC pulls your opponent towards you, ArcBlast causes a longer lasting pull-in effect. AF = GIANT TURTLE AHHH then both players get sucked towards the middle of the screen while crap flies all over the place for your opponent to try to dodge. - mirror - charged E attacks create a copy of your opponent's equivalent charged E attack, ArcBlast powers up the mirror image moves, activate = Chipp's FIND ME, AF = butterflies and crap fly all over the place then you activate Seiei Enbu/V-ism/Dark Force aka images follow you and follow your actions just a bit afterwards, adding hits and crap. - halo - who knows you get fancy wings when you superjump and you get a stand when you activate but nobody has said outright what else it does Old arcana notes: - Anutpada - time super countdown is way faster (easier to use, fewer BS loops), ArcBlast speeds up the timer. Backdash seems a bit worse. - Bhanri - old activate effect (clashing on like EVERYTHING) is now ArcBlast, activate now gives clashing on EVERYTHING including blocking. - Dieu Mort - charge E attacks poison on contact (even on block), ArcBlast = all moves drain super meter on hit/block. - Gier - charged E attacks turn them into the blob for a bit. Gier attacks overall worse it seems, though it's Gier so it's still strong. ArcBlast = Gier follows opponent instead of you. - Lang Gong - ArcBlast makes little burning things trail behind you that hit, allowing for crossups and weird combos and stuff. - Moriomoto - charged E attacks drain life, ArcBlast = all hits drain life. Still not too hot. - Niptra - bubbles no longer automatically follow you, so no more mindless rushdown with bubbles though it opens up new tricks! ArcBlast = all moves cause water slow effect even on block. - Ohtsuchi - rockpunch range seems smaller but maybe I'm imagining things. ArcBlast = super armor but IIRC no defense boost, whereas activate = super armor + defense? - Oreihalkos - dunno what the charged E attacks do because nobody uses this arcana. ArcBlast = sword and shield at gold (lvl3) status for the duration of the ArcBlast. - Partinias - charged E attacks reflect projectiles while charging, ArcBlast = you can cancel specials into love specials. - Tempestas - E attacks are jump cancellable, ArcBlast = air moves gain airdash cancel.

drzero7: Still in flux but Catherine, Clarice, and Elsa have been mentioned up there pretty consistently; Kira and Zenia show up in the top occasionally, Heart is getting some love lately as well. Dorothy is still at the bottom. Everybody else is good but not quite a standout "omg they should be top tier" just yet. And since no AH tier discussion is complete without mention the arcana themselves There's too much overlap between roles in some arcana for any real "dominant" arcana choices to stand out just yet. New arcana are just waiting to be abused, plus people are still figuring out the nuances of the changes to the old arcana. That's not to say that some arcana aren't flat out better than others- it's just the case where you can pick several arcana to get similar effects.

Hey CD can you explain to me what that projectile Elsa has is/what it does, how long it stays out before you activate it, why it's good/why people seem to do it kinda randomly.

The holy waters? Fast recovering projectile that can stay out a while (depending on which direction you throw them- C version goes way up then comes all the way back down for some hilarious zoning antics), you can whip them to change their direction, after they make contact they break into the sparkly crap. Sparkly crap can be detonated with 22x, IIRC you can have up to three sparkly craps on the screen at a time. It's pretty much a move to throw out when you don't know what else to do ;( It's almost like Johnny's coin in terms of standalone use, actually better due to having more control and having unlimited bottles D:

NO WAY, THEY'RE ACTUALLY HOLY WATERS??????? I was hoping so but it seemed too good to be true. She IS a Belmont. Holy shit. I'm not playing Guilty Gear anymore after this comes out. Sounds awesome. Also the cross smash super totally makes it look like an axe. She's only short the dagger and stopwatch.

Well they don't make holywaterfirewaves like a true Belmont's but they're close enough D: As for picking your other two subweapons, Zillael (sacred) has that holyjavelin shot and Anutpada (time) has ZA WARUDO so there ya go.

hi i play elsa

her relaunch combos annoyign to do

The holy waters? Fast recovering projectile

nope

MAHHHH! When is this getting a console release? What console will it be for? Is the boss playable, because I swear I saw a casual match vid with her? Is Dorothy low tier? Has Fiona moved up any?