Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

furix

Arcana Heart 2

Fly to Chinatown in New York City and talk to some people. Or talk to them in the Arcana Heart threads on SRK.

Fly to Chinatown in New York City and talk to some people....

Costs an arm and a leg....

...talk to them in the Arcana Heart threads on SRK.

Internet wins again.

Thanks dude.

So, how deep is that gameplay compared to let's say GG or BB??? I really dig the style, but from watching videos, I got the feeling that the game system might be a tad simplistic. Or am I wrong here? BB is starting to bore me a bit because I miss GG's deep gameplay mechanics. Does AH offer anything in that regard? if so, I might start with AH2, hoping for a decent ps3 port of AH3 in the future.

It's not as complex as GG (then again, few games are) but it is certainly much more so than BlazBlue. Your character/arcana choice can also have a major effect on how simple/complicated it is. In terms of complexity among the "fast-paced combo-oriented" genre of fighting games, the order of complexity goes something like this: GGXXAC Arcana Heart 2 Melty Blood: Actress Again BlazBlue Of course I'm leaving out a ton of doujin games and stuff like MvC2/TvC, but basically those are the most popular of what you might call GG clones.

Thanks. I'll defeinitely give it a try then. Melty blood doesn't appeal to me for some reason (judgsing from videos), and MvC/TvC is totally not my cup of tea.

In terms of complexity among the "fast-paced combo-oriented" genre of fighting games, the order of complexity goes something like this:

<stuff>

Of course I'm leaving out...MvC2

That's cuz putting MvC2 on the complexity list would stretch the page vertically way too far downward. <_<