Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grrr

P4A 360/PS3 Poll

Will you be buying P4U on 360 or PS3?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying P4U on 360 or PS3?

BB for example runs at about 61 fps on Xbox 360 and 58.5 or 59 on PS3

Information that, as far as I know, we don't have yet for P4. However, we do have information on the netcode, so it's a good idea to have that to take it into consideration when making the purchase.

Because obviously a Fighting Game should be based on its netplay.

Considering the "tournament scene" for any game is incredibly small compared to the number of people who actually play it, yes, the netplay would be pretty important for people looking to just play others in the game and not have to "take it seriously".

BB for example runs at about 61 fps on Xbox 360 and 58.5 or 59 on PS3

Source?

I'd have to find it back as its old news from CS1 but it had the fps for Arcade Cabs (different depending on cabs model) PS3 and Xbox 360.

http://p-atlus.jp/kouhou/2012/07/27/u.html

According to the blog post, Atlus staff has confirmed the existence of greater-than-expected lag during network combat in the Xbox 360 version of the game. The development staff is currently looking into the source and will issue a followup report later.

This issue only appears in the Xbox 360 version, the blog post confirms.

http://andriasang.com/con22m/p4_arena_lag/

Because obviously a Fighting Game should be based on its netplay.

Only if you don't want it to end up like GG.

Source?

There was definitely a slight speed difference between the two systems. PS3 is closer to arcade speed.

360. I only recently picked up a PS3 and all my fighting game buddies are already on the 360. Hopefully it's online issues are resolved before release here.

I have a 360 so thats my vote, however if I decide to become dedicated to this game I may also get a PS3 for the sole purpose of playing online there to. Hope its playable online and I hope they fix the 360 online play lag issues soon.

Atlus Fixing Persona 4 Arena’s Xbox 360 Online Problems With Patch

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/31/atlus-fixing-persona-4-arenas-xbox-360-online-problems-with-patch/

It's posted in the News thread but I thought I'd include it here too for those worried about 360 lag, looks like patch is getting pushed through soon.

I'd aim for both, but right now I'm getting it for PS3. I heard Netplay was already dead in Japan though.

I'd aim for both, but right now I'm getting it for PS3. I heard Netplay was already dead in Japan though.

I wonder where you got your source.

Look at me, I'm part of the zeitgeist!!

PS3, 'cause that's what I gots. But I prefer the Dualshock to the 360 controller anyway, especially with fighting games. Could just be me, but whatever.

Been inching ever closer to finally breaking down and getting a fightin' stick though.

Figure I will give you guys a heads up.

I'm going to get the game on Xbox 360 at a later time depending on two factors:

1). If I can get my job at GameStop by October.

and 2). If I will be able to get enough money for the console, the game and a 1 year subscription for Xbox Live.

*shurgs* If only I can change my option to both...