Sign in to follow this  
MikelAL93

[P4A] Yukiko Amagi - Q&A/FAQ Thread

Main_Header_Q&A_Thread.png

Credit to Kurushii for the banner to this thread.

Have any questions about Yukiko and her gameplay in P4U? Ask it here!

Is there an animation that yukiko goes into when she releases her fireballs (236+A/C hold)? or does it release freely while she's moving around? if there is, can her fireball fail to release?

Nah, the only animation she has to commit to is the fire ball setup. The release doesn't have an animation to it. Her fireball will fail to release if you get hit. Now what I wanna know is for just how long can you hold the fire ball until you're either forced to release it or it disappears (if if disappears).

Nah, the only animation she has to commit to is the fire ball setup. The release doesn't have an animation to it. Her fireball will fail to release if you get hit. Now what I wanna know is for just how long can you hold the fire ball until you're either forced to release it or it disappears (if if disappears).

if i remember correctly, i saw a video were a yukiko held it for quite some time(like a good 7-9 seconds), but i could have not been paying attention and she released an old one and made a new one.

imagine the mind games

also if anyone has had any exp playing her on a scale of 1-10 how difficult are her combos/gameplay???

Can Yukiko's B+D heal past her blue life?

Taken from the Dustloop wiki:

While Dia does cause Blue Life damage to Yukiko like all R-Actions, it also can easily heal this life back up. If you successfully hit the opponent with it, you may end up with more life than you started with if you hold it briefly.

I hope this helps. :)

Edited by MikelAL93

The only time you cannot heal back to full or beyond is in awakening state. The gauge tops out at awakened health.

The only time you cannot heal back to full or beyond is in awakening state. The gauge tops out at awakened health.

That makes sense right there. If your life bar is red or hits the red zone, you can't heal it back up.

It seems if you ever are able to connect with 236236D, you should use it over 236236C, in terms of damage... are there any times when this is not the case?

imagine the mind games

also if anyone has had any exp playing her on a scale of 1-10 how difficult are her combos/gameplay???

It seems the only way to get to the next level in terms of combos is to learn how to hold the fireballs while continuing pressure. Doesn't say much for me being on a pad. I'll be stuck with ground level stuff.

TK SB Agi combos are pretty tricky. Pure execution required.

Any tips for this though? My way is to time 5BB after visually seeing 5AA has ended to keep a consistent timing on the TK SB Agi.

Edited by glirandly

TK SB Agi combos are pretty tricky. Pure execution required.

Any tips for this though? My way is to time 5BB after visually seeing 5AA has ended to keep a consistent timing on the TK SB Agi.

Have you tried the 4BB method? I played earlier and using the 5BB method I was only able to get the TK SB Agi if I buffered the TK super early where I was hitting the J.a+b as soon as I input the second 5B. That way was fairly consistent but I didn't like having to commit to it since I'm not able to hit confirm fast enough with her yet. At work atm so I'm unable to test myself

Well that's the thing, FIL's CMV (a Japanese Yukiko player) had notations for it and it explicitly said 5BB. I'm getting more success by inputting the TK motion right when the first fan hits but before the second fan connects. This is just a pure execution issue and not fan speeds.

Idk why I said TK super instead of SB Agi but I just assumed you knew what I was talking about. Also I agree with the method that you mentioned buffering it early and finishing on the second fan. Let me know if you figure out anything else that works consistently.

Another question I had was what is the basic finisher after a double Maragi combo?

timing tk.sb-agi is very tricky

5bb 2 will not result her crouching, while 5bb 9 will result her j.c

im assuming that as soon as the 5bb animation starts we have to press 2369 and press a+b when starts to jump otherwise it will be ground sb-agi

cmiiw

=====

@senXXi: how to do double maragi combo?

is it 236c/d 5bb 236a+b release-a release-b 236d?

Edited by deadsnake

timing tk.sb-agi is very tricky

5bb 2 will not result her crouching/2b(she continues to throw the 2nd fan), while 5bb 9 will result her j.c

im assuming that as soon as the 5bb animation starts we have to press 2369 and press a+b when starts to jump otherwise it will be ground sb-agi

cmiiw

=====

@senXXi: how to do double maragi combo?

is it 236c/d 5bb 236a+b release-a release-b 236d?

I'm having the hardest time converting AA into 236+A+B combos.

Is it vs crouch: A > A > B > Jc.C xx 236+A+B ?

ANSWER: It's not

Edited by Jais

Scrub question here. Just started playing Yukiko, and am wondering about her super. What determines the sweet spot, if it will connect? I've noticed that they fall out most of the time, even in the auto-combo, lol.

Scrub question here. Just started playing Yukiko, and am wondering about her super. What determines the sweet spot, if it will connect? I've noticed that they fall out most of the time, even in the auto-combo, lol.

Yea, I have that happen all the time too. I just do the flame pillars instead, much sweeter.

How do you other Yukiko's deal with pressure?

I can't help but end up getting cornered and eventually losing because I can't get out/get the guy away from me.