Sign in to follow this  
MikelAL93

[P4A] Yukiko Amagi - Q&A/FAQ Thread

I have been able to do the combo consistently without holding Maragi.

SB Agi (hold A and B) > release A > 5C > release B > 236C

on the release B > 236C part I usually input 236C~release B.

What's important is that you are at the correct height when release the Agi for explosion and that you release it at the latest time. I wait for 5C to fully connect all hits and then release B.

Yup, what Gli said. You let 5C connect all the way, input the 236C/D motion and immediately release A/B.

Is Yukiko really that difficult on pad because of having to hold Agi? I don't want to remap A and B to shoulder buttons but I wanna give her a shot since I'm looking for a concrete secondary...

You either have to map C/D or A/B to R1/L1 or hold the controller with the "claw" stance (index, ring, and middle finger on the face buttons).

I have C and D mapped to L1 and R1 and A and B mapped to Square and X since you'll be using A and B more often.

I'll give "the claw" a shot and try some of her bnbs to see how she feels. Is it mostly for the sake of oki that she needs to hold or is it integral for everything she does?

I'll give "the claw" a shot and try some of her bnbs to see how she feels. Is it mostly for the sake of oki that she needs to hold or is it integral for everything she does?

Oki, combos, and for controlling a part of the screen.

Say you want to set a fire trap that covers both ground and aerial approaches. You'll want to use a TK j.236[A] and hold the A button until the opponent gets close to the trap and you detonate it manually.

I just put d on L1 and Ive found I can still hit triangle © when holding a or b. Maybe I have big hands..

In what situations can you set up the unblock able? Do you have to knock them down with agi and then hold agi or can you set it up fast off a sweep? Also when I have knocked someone down and away with B agi or a combo that ended in B agi. Is there a generally good combination I can throw next. I know it wont work in all situations just wondering. What Ive been doing now is just rushing them with 5D. Anyway I am very nubby advice would be nice.

When you are on awakening and the opponent is close to you 214214C>214D>214214D is a good way to setup the unblockable, if done correctly the second super will hit them while they still are recovering from the blockstun of the first super. If you just want a safe way to setup but not use a fire attack right after it you can do it during 236B (right after you release the button) or during Maragi (that's how I usually set it up in corner).

When you are on awakening and the opponent is close to you 214214C>214D>214214D is a good way to setup the unblockable, if done correctly the second super will hit them while they still are recovering from the blockstun of the first super.

If they're really close, they can escape this by throwing you or using a reversal (B+D or any super with invincibility); A+C dash works as well. A lot of characters can, and probably will, murder you for trying it. It's a good option if they've committed to something or you know they won't try to bait a reversal or anything, but it's incredibly risky in neutral against opponents who catch on to gimmicks or know to react to super flashes.

If they're really close' date=' they can escape this by throwing you or using a reversal (B+D or any super with invincibility); A+C dash works as well. A lot of characters can, and probably will, murder you for trying it. It's a good option if they've committed to something or you [i']know they won't try to bait a reversal or anything, but it's incredibly risky in neutral against opponents who catch on to gimmicks or know to react to super flashes.

I know, usually I use when I'm sure that they will not try to bait it (like you said) or when the opponent is in the air doing something that will force him to block (like an air dash at close distance).

I noticed some Yuki players OS 236D/C after ground to air #B (# could be anything from 1,2,3,5)

My question: what is the optimal distance and height for OS Maragi to connect and not miss; some combo followups would be much appreaciated. What are some alternatives for Maragi in case it is guaranteed to miss?

I've never seen or heard of this Maragi OS before. An alternative to an anti-air CH B is dash in 5AA.

Edit: Combo tutorial is up and running. It covers IAD > j.A x 3, 5B > TK j.236A, anti-air j.236A, and SB Agi > Double Maragi.

Edited by Moy_X7

What is Yukiko's unblockable reset? I saw in in a tourney match and I forgot to save it.

It involves fire break mid combo followed by a D maragi unblockable.

I noticed some Yuki players OS 236D/C after ground to air #B (# could be anything from 1,2,3,5)

My question: what is the optimal distance and height for OS Maragi to connect and not miss; some combo followups would be much appreaciated. What are some alternatives for Maragi in case it is guaranteed to miss?

Maragi will only connect if it's from a counter hit. so you will need to look for that. Use maragi D when you get a counter hit from mid-range. Maragi C from close range. Anything far range, it's better off to reset the match with your zoning or gain momentum.

Usually after the Maragi hits, you can do most of the normal anti-air combos you use. I like to use 5BB > 5C 5BB > JC > j.B > j.C > DJC > j.AA > 236A > 236A/B which nets ~3k, more or less. If you have meter, you can still go for maragi combos.

ive been trying to do this combo from wiki 5aa5bb jc236ab maragi loop but the sb agi always too slow even on counter am i mlssing something or is it just that hard. Also what do you recommend for midscreen combo high damage preferably lower execution? thanks.

5AA 5BB 2369[A+B] is just a really tight input; you're probably being too slow. Yukiko doesn't really have high damage with low execution unless it's something silly like Maragidyne x3. Her reliable sources of moderate~high damage will usually come off some form of Maragi combos/loops, which generally start with 2B, 5A, 5C, 5D, and 236C/D with varying anti air and/or CH requirements. These combos have varying timings on inputs and Agi releases depending on spacing and how high you have the opponent floating. They're not the hardest things in the world, but it's really easy to screw them up if you're not careful.

Edited by Ryd'

ive been trying to do this combo from wiki 5aa5bb jc236ab maragi loop but the sb agi always too slow even on counter am i mlssing something or is it just that hard. Also what do you recommend for midscreen combo high damage preferably lower execution? thanks.

I don't know what the "jc" before 236AB means but if I'm understanding this right, you're being too slow on the 5BB > 236A+B cancel. You have to do it really, really fast or else you'll drop the combo, like Ryd said.

Jump cancel; odd choice from whoever put that in the wiki. Technically not incorrect, but TK or 2369 is more easily understood.

Well I know what the abbreviation meant I just didn't know why he would do TK j.236A+B in this scenario.

Edit: Oh, he's talking about the grounded version of the SB Agi loop. Meh, that thing is too difficult to be practical. That's the reason why I removed most of the grounded TK j.236A > 66 5AAA combos from the thread.

Edited by Moy_X7

Hello, I need some help with doing the combo in trial 29 consistently. I've managed to complete it but it took about 200 tries and I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Does anyone have any advice?

That's the A+B~C (FC) jA jB 236[A+B] ]A[66 j4D]B[ land 5BB 236 ]B[ combo? If so, the tricky part is getting your air dash out as soon as you're able to, and timing the Agi releases. You want to time the j4D and ]B[ so that Konohana Sakuya is a fair bit above your opponent since she falls faster than they will; you don't want them slipping out the top and being able to tech before reaching the bottom, which is the leading cause of failure whenever I try it.

It's kind of a pain, and I'm not really sure it's worth the effort and bit of meter since the damage isn't much better than A+B~C (FC) jA jC dj jA jB 236[A]~]A[ 236~]B[, and it's really easy to drop if you're off the slightest bit. On the other hand, it does grant better positioning if you pull it off, since your opponent recovers close to the ground on the other end of the screen instead of high above you. I've seen that combo listed with a double jump instead of the air dash, but I haven't really seen better results with that. Maybe it'll work better for you though; who knows.

Well I know what the abbreviation meant I just didn't know why he would do TK j.236A+B in this scenario.

Edit: Oh, he's talking about the grounded version of the SB Agi loop. Meh, that thing is too difficult to be practical. That's the reason why I removed most of the grounded TK j.236A > 66 5AAA combos from the thread.

well I spent last night trying it and by the end of the night I could do it once every three tries.. but I think I will probably look for something else to practice.

So does Yukiko have any good OMB combos worth doing off a standard ground poke or AA 5A hit, etc? I've found that generally it's more worthwhile to use the OMB/gold burst first round than to waste it on a blue burst, unless said blue burst is against a really big combo.