Sign in to follow this  
MikelAL93

[P4A] Yukiko Amagi - Q&A/FAQ Thread

I'm having the hardest time converting AA into 236+A+B combos.

Is it vs crouch: A > A > B > Jc.C xx 236+A+B ?

ANSWER: It's not

I... don't understand what ur trying to imply...

====

anyway, does yukiko's supers(both) has an invul startup?

I posted a question, then answered it myself after loads more of training mode.

Crouching only combos, essentially all she can really gain is gatling A > C with beat.

It seems the only way to get to the next level in terms of combos is to learn how to hold the fireballs while continuing pressure. Doesn't say much for me being on a pad. I'll be stuck with ground level stuff.

:/ this may prevent me from playing her honestly...she looks like tons of fun but I don't think I can pull off holding A and B while continuing pressure unless I put A or B on shoulder buttons...

:/ this may prevent me from playing her honestly...she looks like tons of fun but I don't think I can pull off holding A and B while continuing pressure unless I put A or B on shoulder buttons...

Never hurts to try it, and you might like the different button layout more once you become slightly accustomed to it. But, I can say that it isn't nearly as hard as you think.

Donnie>

learn the Dia timing... Although not particularly useful, know hit box and start ups for attacks (especially All Out, since that hit box is huge). theoretically, if All out is invulnerable to most normals, you should be able to go through, or if they are in the air, rebound them, set up agi, set up maharagi, and then go from there...

but probably knowing when to use Dia would save your problem... Just don't get baited... Or maybe utilize counter assault... Haven't tried that out myself, since I am worried about blocking strings and learning habits rather than countering...

It should take you about a week to get that down consistently. I have C and D mapped to L1 and R1 and A and B mapped to Square and X.

I posted a question, then answered it myself after loads more of training mode.

Crouching only combos, essentially all she can really gain is gatling A > C with beat.

for crouchers i'd go like this

5a 5a 5b 5c 2c 236a/b

do people have something agaisnt using her fire break? a majority of yukiko players ive seen tend to rush down with her. i dont understand why more people arent abusing fire boost and break. doesnt break make fire moves unblockable? am i wrong in assuming a unblockable agi and maragi can harass somebody?

do people have something agaisnt using her fire break? a majority of yukiko players ive seen tend to rush down with her. i dont understand why more people arent abusing fire boost and break. doesnt break make fire moves unblockable? am i wrong in assuming a unblockable agi and maragi can harass somebody?

I use boost after blocked/hit full screen fans and I try to get a chance to use break during awakening.

edit: I seem to be having problems playing Yukiko. I just guess wrong all the time, lmao. I can't keep people away from me.

For example, at the start of the match, say the person is really aggressive and he'll either IAD at me or just dash at me from the ground..

For IAD I usually throw a 3B or 2B and for a ground dash I'll throw 3B or 5B.

Often times 3B will just fly over their head if they dash at me and suddenly I'm in pressure.

Or I'll just guess wrong and do 2B and they ground dash and I'm pressured.

Or 5B when they IAD and I'm pressured.

I don't know, I just never seem to be on the right wavelength and its real easy for people to get in on me.

Anyone have any tips on how you keep people out? Perhaps I'm using the wrong normals at unsafe ranges? I know pretty much any B attack has terrible recovery.

Edited by DonnieRye

5C stuffs air and grounded approaches really nicely. Learn when to use this in addition to zoning.

You can AA with 5A if you feel like 5C will come out too late.

Console version has only been out for two weeks, so most people are just looking at her to zone and rush down. I think you see some go for a Fire Break or Fire Boost, but depending on who you fight they can let you do it, or they maybe in your face with something nasty. Still a great place to fireboost/break would probably be during your combo ender and you do Agi B right, since they would fly nearly half way across the screen. You can throw in Maharagi D (the one that travels on the ground fast) to keep them there while you either heal up, or do the boost/break...

just my opinion...

I tend to just use B.... It's habit, which I can hopefully get out of soon...

Is the fire boost useful?

Her 214C command raises her fire level. That was my focus when I first started playing her, but I havent seen any pros use it. I feel like in the long run its useless.

Is the fire boost useful?

Her 214C command raises her fire level. That was my focus when I first started playing her, but I havent seen any pros use it. I feel like in the long run its useless.

From the Dustloop wiki:

After a short pose, Yukiko gains a Fire Level, which increases the damage of all attacks that deal Fire damage. Using this move causes a small amount of Blue Life damage to Yukiko.

While a single Fire Level offers a very small increase in damage, many fire levels can add up to a significant boost (around level 4-5+), especially to Maragidyne. Unfortunately, none of Yukiko's normals are fire based, and her simple/common B&B combos often don't involve any fire damage at all, so the effect of building Fire Levels is often not seen at all! In addition, due to the highly momentum based gameplay of Yukiko, it is often very difficult to find time to use Fire Boost at all. These two things, along with the fact that it causes Blue Life damage to herself, mean that many players choose to simply not use Fire Boost AT ALL!

The damage increase per level is as follows:

Specials: Damage is increased by +10% per Fire Level. So a 1000 damage Fire attack at Level 5 would deal 1500 damage (150%).

Supers: Damage is increased by *10% per Fire Level. So a 1000 damage Fire super at Level 5 would deal 1610 damage ((1.1)^5 = ~161%).

The EX version is really useless because it causes more Blue Life damage than the regular version of Fire Boost, but in the long run, it is not worth it because not all of her comobs involve any fire damage at all.

I hope that helps. :)

I know some people could care less about trials, but going into a new game I use them as a base for what the character can do...On trial no.25 after the Agi explosions > Maragi (D) it seems like I'm just not getting the actual fire pillar to come out like its supposed to, suggestions or fixes for that?

Also I look forward to learning this character as my main =)

The EX version is really useless because it causes more Blue Life damage than the regular version of Fire Boost, but in the long run, it is not worth it because not all of her comobs involve any fire damage at all.

I hope that helps. :)

Yeah I don't see a purpose in costing her health since you already sacrifice enough to use the move, where it be finishing off the combo or a decent Oki. Don't even get me started on the ex version. 25 meter, health, and still not guarenteed? Kind of silly.

Question:

My opponents usually expect lows so they will block low tbhe whole match against me. So aside from her all out attack and 2d, does she have any quicker methods to break an opponent's low guard?

So I'm actually able to do TK Agi's fairly consistently.

I think its about time I start moving up to EX Agi combos.

Can anyone give me a few?

And about how much more damage can you get by extending your combo with EX Agi juggles?

So I'm actually able to do TK Agi's fairly consistently.

I think its about time I start moving up to EX Agi combos.

Can anyone give me a few?

And about how much more damage can you get by extending your combo with EX Agi juggles?

Lots of them in the wiki starting from here:

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Yukiko_Amagi#Maragi_Combos

Damage from 236[A+B] combos generally varies between 3-4k (unboosted), depending on the combo.

Question:

My opponents usually expect lows so they will block low tbhe whole match against me. So aside from her all out attack and 2d, does she have any quicker methods to break an opponent's low guard?

IAD jAAA to death?

always expecting low is a pretty obvious strategy since overheads are slow(even an all out attack can be confirmed by the eyes), so instead finding other overhead methods, why not set for a high-low/unblockable setup?

assuming it can be done once the opponent respects our blockstrings, but TBH, I have no idea how to implement a 1/2/3d and then dash in 2a+b in my pressure, maybe

2c OMC 5a+b

is easier? I kinda doubt that the 5a+b will hit the opponent fast enough to catch on 2c's low

Throw a 3B fan at them to catch them in the air lol.

It can't be followed up on normal hit as far as I know.

Can someone explain the process of doing the EX Agi combos into Maragi, so far from what I've read its...

EX Agi [Hold A and B] ... let go of A after the first hit, and press 5C... into 236C [hold].. now from here when do I let go of B and press C again? am I pressing C again as I'm letting go of B at the same time?