Sign in to follow this  
MikelAL93

[P4A] Yukiko Amagi - Q&A/FAQ Thread

I noticed some Yuki players OS 236D/C after ground to air #B (# could be anything from 1,2,3,5)

My question: what is the optimal distance and height for OS Maragi to connect and not miss; some combo followups would be much appreaciated. What are some alternatives for Maragi in case it is guaranteed to miss?

Like someone previously mentioned it only works off of a CH fan, and I usually use the D maragi. There's no need for manual detonation since they'll just land on it. As for distance, I only tested it midscreen at about the usual height and distance that the opponent would be trying to IAD in. I was able to followup with a single maragi combo and iirc I was having trouble adding a second maragi due to the opponent teching. I'm work right now so sorry if I can't give you a more complete answer ^ ^;

What is Yukiko's unblockable reset? I saw in in a tourney match and I forgot to save it.

It involves fire break mid combo followed by a D maragi unblockable.

Not sure about the match you're talking about, but I usually use is a reset during a double maragi loop.

....SB Agi, 236C/D~A release, 214D, B release, 66 2A+B, 236C

The C maragi at the end should be an unblockable meaty.

If you have any other creative ideas let me know, but afaik that's the only way I've managed to setup fire break mid-combo

Askjdgfjs for some reason I can't for the life of me do Maragi loops in the corner. I can do them just fine midscreen, but in the corner it seems like Maragi doesn't want to pick the opponent up no matter if I detonate it manually or not. :\ I think out of all the times I've tried, I've only successfully done a loop like... once or twice. Do you guys do corner combos the same way you do midscreen ones or does it require different timing/spacing? Or am I just retarded.

I do them the same way. They're still distance dependent so if you're really close to the opponent after the SB Agi, you can do the 236C loops and it should get you the 2 hits (wave and pillar). Too far and you'll have to settle with the less damaging, single hit, 236D loops (pillar only). The pillar detonates automatically after it touches the corner, you don't have to worry about manual detonation here. The thing about doing the SB Agi > Maragi loops in the corner is that a lot of times the opponent will be launched too high using the 236D loops and you might not be able to follow-up with anything else after the 2nd 236D.

What are some cross overs that Yukiko can use? I have a hard time with people who block low, so since she is lacking in over heads I try to cross them up. I know you can IAD over them, turn around and j.a, but I can't seem to find a good distance, and they always end up jumping anyway. Anything that can be done mid block string?

Just play around in training mode with the IAD Air Turn j.A and memorize the cross-up sweet spots. I could just go into training mode and tell you the sweet spots myself but it's better if you personally know exactly when to do them.

If they're jumping away, you could always IAD > throw or IAD > j.A x N > mix-up.

Also, you could always mess around with the j.A x 2 fuzzy guard or j.A > 2A. If they switch block to low, they'll get tagged by the second j.A which will count as an overhead. If they remain blocking high, they'll get tagged by the 2A.

Not sure about the match you're talking about, but I usually use is a reset during a double maragi loop.

....SB Agi, 236C/D~A release, 214D, B release, 66 2A+B, 236C

The C maragi at the end should be an unblockable meaty.

If you have any other creative ideas let me know, but afaik that's the only way I've managed to setup fire break mid-combo

Thanks for your help! I made a video to help others out too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjajMZ7vZ1I&list=UU2i81YrGEQQRKU7AMBTZxbg&index=1&feature=plcp

The combo I used was: 236D, 5BB, 236[A+B], 5C, 236D, ]A[, D, 214D, ]B[, 236D oki (D detonation)

This version is like yours but it keeps Yukiko at a safe distance to avoid some possible escape attacks. I also detonate it to avoid late techs.

And I tossed in a follow up combo to show exactly how much damage it's capable of.

Incoming nub question: From watching the stunedge videos, when he gets a combo starter blocked like 5aa, he usually jumps backdashes and throws a fan. In trying to practice this it seems like if I buffer the jump back dash it happens too fast for a fan to come out, am i supposed to be using instant air turn for the longer front dash (but still going backwards) into fan throw or simply a slower regular j.backdash? What does everyone else do when they block your starters to keep yourself safe.

edit seems like just needed to slow down a bit..

Edited by Zone

Okay, I saw that Moy mapped his A, B, C, and D buttons differently to play Yukiko. Which attacks would they pertain to? I know its a dumb question but I use pad too and want to make this easier on myself.

I'm not sure what Moy is running, but if you're playing on pad, you may want to consider mapping ABCD to shoulder buttons and your macros to the thumb buttons to make it easier to hold things. I'm not so fond of that though, so currently on ps3 pad I have ABCD mapped to square triangle circle X. When I need to hold A or B, I use the A+B shoulder macro when I need to hit the other one. A+C shoulder for hitting C when holding A, B+D shoulder for hitting D when holding B, and hitting C while holding B or hitting D while holding A can be done comfortably with the face buttons. It's really awkward to get used to but I think I definitely prefer that to trying to map everything to shoulders. The only thing I have different from default controls is C and D are switched.

I'm not sure what Moy is running, but if you're playing on pad, you may want to consider mapping ABCD to shoulder buttons and your macros to the thumb buttons to make it easier to hold things. I'm not so fond of that though, so currently on ps3 pad I have ABCD mapped to square triangle circle X. When I need to hold A or B, I use the A+B shoulder macro when I need to hit the other one. A+C shoulder for hitting C when holding A, B+D shoulder for hitting D when holding B, and hitting C while holding B or hitting D while holding A can be done comfortably with the face buttons. It's really awkward to get used to but I think I definitely prefer that to trying to map everything to shoulders. The only thing I have different from default controls is C and D are switched.

Well I have the ABCD setup like you do and the rapids, bursts, throws on shoulder pads while evasion is on L3. I use the A+B for all out attack. Just was curious to see what would be effective in learning Yukiko on pad.

Imo the most effective way for learning Yukiko is knowing what is comfortable for you when you input her moves and hold the buttons. So basically, just having a button scheme that you're comfortable with and making it work whether it be through macros (the easier route most likely) or just sheer stubbornness to make your hands more dexterous aha.

So after watching videos i decided to try out yukiko where would you guys start with learning her because it seems like there is a lot to learn haha

Personally, I would say to learn how her fans work first since it is you're zoning game which is one of Yukiko's main strengths. For things like combos, challenge mode actually isn't a bad way to get the basic gist for how they work.

this is genuinely genius

yet i've come to a point where I can hold a+b(square+X) and press 5c(circle) and then release a(square) and so on... and though I still need some practice for it orz... I still feel kinda stupid :psyduck:

Okay, I saw that Moy mapped his A, B, C, and D buttons differently to play Yukiko. Which attacks would they pertain to? I know its a dumb question but I use pad too and want to make this easier on myself.

My controller layout looks like:

A: Square

B: X

C: L1

D: R1

Throw: Triangle

Roll/E-Action: Circle

DP/F-Action: L2

OMC: R2

Burst: R3

There are two issues with this layout:

1) Because the DP is set to L2, you have to make sure to push the button all the way down or else you won't get shit to come out.

2) Doing special attack motions with L1 + D-Pad is a pain in the ass and it feels awkward as hell.

Other than, I really don't have much of a problem playing Yukiko with this layout.

My controller layout looks like:

A: Square

B: X

C: L1

D: R1

Throw: Triangle

Roll/E-Action: Circle

DP/F-Action: L2

OMC: R2

Burst: R3

There are two issues with this layout:

1) Because the DP is set to L2, you have to make sure to push the button all the way down or else you won't get shit to come out.

2) Doing special attack motions with L1 + D-Pad is a pain in the ass and it feels awkward as hell.

Other than, I really don't have much of a problem playing Yukiko with this layout.

Eeeek, that does look awkward for me. Think I'll stick with my setup then until I figure out a better one that works for me. Just need to be faster with inputs

and not break a nail

Hey guys I just started playing Yukiko. And I was wondering if she has a full screen hit-confirm with maragi?

You can followup if you're already running as the Maragi is moving on the screen.

Easiest to do is probably 5AA 5C 5BB 5C 5B 236A/B.

If you're close enough and don't wanna do Maragi loops, you can do 5C 5BB 5C 5BB 236A/B for a bit more damage.

You could also do any Maragi loop variation.

From absolute fullscreen using 236D, though, the only thing I'm ever able to get is 5AA 5C 236A/B.

I'm having a little trouble doing Yukiko's super cancel after a combo. Is the fire not supposed to connect? I've been watching videos and tried it out but either my reactions are too slow or I did it wrong.

After a 2B anti-air, what is a good way to follow up? From the wiki I guess I'm supposed to IAD A + A Agi hold + land + combo but I don't find it very consistent.

I guess I have to suck it up and practice hit confirm but I was wondering if there's a simpler confirm with something that is not optimal, but decent enough damage.

The follow up will depend on spacing and whether or not it was CH. CH is ideal (obviously); you can go into Maragi (C/D depends on spacing) and combo from there for a decent chunk of damage. I don't think there's anything "easier" if you're trying to pick up off a non-CH 2B.

Thanks! I didn't think of Maragi, so that would be a good thing to try practicing at least.

I'm jealous of the other characters who has it so easy doing 2B hitconfirm comboes...

You can followup if you're already running as the Maragi is moving on the screen.

Easiest to do is probably 5AA 5C 5BB 5C 5B 236A/B.

If you're close enough and don't wanna do Maragi loops, you can do 5C 5BB 5C 5BB 236A/B for a bit more damage.

You could also do any Maragi loop variation.

From absolute fullscreen using 236D, though, the only thing I'm ever able to get is 5AA 5C 236A/B.

Thanks, I'm going to try that later. Is there anything else I should be practicing in training mode aside from combos?

Is there anything else I should be practicing in training mode aside from combos?

Unblockable setups/resets, Fire Boost and Fire Break timing (Beware of Fire Boost High (214CD), though, its not worth 25 SP), and timing your Agi and Maragi chains are good ways to practice with Yukiko when in Training Mode.