Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rokunaya

Eight On the Break Local Tournament Interest Check!

What should the second game be?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should the second game be?

• Guilty Gear
    • Blazblue
    • Melty Blood
    • Aquapazza
    • King of Fighters
    • Soul Calibur

Okay so I talked to Cotty and he agreed to let me run Persona tournaments at the break on Fridays--- under one condition, that there be at least around 10 entrants. I want to do these either bi or tri weekly, but I need heads! Who would be interested in these!?

Eight on the break

340 N Ave

Dunellen, NJ 08812

Details:

Tourneys would start around 8-9pm on fridays [bi-weekly likely]

The main game would be P4U, but I have room for ONE other game

For the other game, the options are : KoF13, BBCSEX, MBAACC, Aquapazza, GGAC . [Likely on Ps3]

Needs a count of at least 10 heads with both games combined [shouldn't be too hard]

No Venue Fee, tourneys likely 5 dollar entry

That said, the Rokrew/Rutgers makes up almost 7 members alone. So these can happen, but I need others to try and show up! Also taking suggestions for the second game I should run at my locals. Really leaning towards GGAC atm.

If you're interested, please contact me via pm/twitter or any other form on contact. Thanks!

P.S.: Like I said above, there is NO venue fee. Isn't Cotty the best? Also Break Steak is a GODLIKE meal that only costs ~4 dollars with a drink and the place is an arcade. So what are you waiting for!?

Marvel

1) Jaxel runs that with 8wayrun on tuesdays

2) You're not even going to come to these considering you barely go to NL and that's nearby

3) No

1) Jaxel runs that with 8wayrun on tuesdays

2) You're not even going to come to these considering you barely go to NL and that's nearby

3) No

1) And?

2) I don't play marvel much at all anymore, no reason to go to NL. Derp.

3) Yes.

=D

I could definitely try to bring some Ramapo/North Jersey folk down for some of that P4A.

As for a second game, Melty would definitely be nice.

What about if GG makes the cut?

I'll still go, but I'll be hella sad. QQ

Guilty Gear seems to be making the cut so far, but let me tell you... according to the polls, alot of games I didn't expect to are gaining interest. Pretty interesting. I'll have to hold off on a decision for a while, then; but I'm REALLY glad I can expect heads for this tournament! Thank you all!

1) And?

2) I don't play marvel much at all anymore, no reason to go to NL. Derp.

3) Yes.

=D

lol

Me and Jaxel agreed to never conflict games and in such he left persona to me, so marvel is literally never making the cut.

Are you saying you'd actually come out for these, though!?

P.S.: Kinda an unsaid rule but if you know any rutgers players or me well enough there will almost always be afternight casuals for the weekend at either rutgers or my place. Though you'll need connections for these...

I sent the email to Cotty saying I want to start these. Now it's just finding a good Friday to start these on and deciding the second game. Thanks for all your support!

Are you saying you'd actually come out for these, though!?

I would... if I had monies =( We'll see.

I would... if I had monies =( We'll see.

I can get you housing or maybe Alan can if you come. Don't strain yourself, though.

They have a no casuals policies at the break? That's what someone told me I believe, if so, then you may want to wait a week or so before you start it. Maybe the weekend before SJ? It would be a good warm-up.

They have a no casuals policies at the break? That's what someone told me I believe, if so, then you may want to wait a week or so before you start it. Maybe the weekend before SJ? It would be a good warm-up.

That's not true. Maybe at Jaxel's tournaments but the break has no such ruling; I've never heard of it and I've played casuals myself there before/after the tourneys. And yeah I was thinking the friday before SJ as well.

That said, the game going to be run is VERY likely going to be GG. BB is going to suffer heavily once P4U releases, MB is dead, AP is an import, and KoF doesn't seem to have great NJ support. I'll still take input, I'm just being realistic.

Well...if that's the case, then I think it'll be a good idea to have something the week it comes out, but not have a tournament for it. It'll get people used to going out, new players can meet other players without the expectancy to perform, and (almost) no one would be tournament ready during the first week anyway. If you're looking to expand the player base outside of the usual suspects, I think something like this could be beneficial for the community, maybe have free food/drink to help entice the deal.

That's just a suggestion, I'll be expecting this to happen the week before SJ either way, and I don't really care what the 2nd game is myself.

Oh, you mean events just for casuals? Yeah I doubt that's really allowed BUT since Persona just released I might be able to talk Cotty into it if I really wish to do so.

Edit: Yeah nvm scrap that idea imo

I could see myself making the trip up more often now that I get off work every weekday at 3:30. GG/KOF/MB would be my choice of second game on rotation. Once that P4A drops, I'm goin' in hard! Now that I have money on a regular basis, maybe I'll be an active part of the community and actually do stuff with you guys.

I could see myself making the trip up more often now that I get off work every weekday at 3:30. GG/KOF/MB would be my choice of second game on rotation. Once that P4A drops, I'm goin' in hard! Now that I have money on a regular basis, maybe I'll be an active part of the community and actually do stuff with you guys.

Holy shit you're back from the dead (aka south jersey).

Also GG or AP for a second game, I'll vote GG in the polls though.

Uhm, isn't TSB gonna be the friday/saturday before?

I'm gonna real talk for a second and say that the fact that TSB is so expensive for me to go to that I created a local. It's at LEAST 50 or so each time I go down, where as this is at most 20? Way cheaper, closer, and no drive back afterwards and I get to play casuals at my place/rutgers afterwards. So I kinda desperately wanted a local

P.S.: the poll is multi vote

Holy shit you're back from the dead (aka south jersey).

Also GG or AP for a second game, I'll vote GG in the polls though.

I am indeed back from the dead. It ain't easy livin' with no money.

P4A and GG get hype! Quiting Marvel for these games and KOF was like Quitting crack to become a born-again Christian. Or something of that amplitude.