Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rokunaya

Eight On the Break Local Tournament Interest Check!

What should the second game be?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should the second game be?

• Guilty Gear
    • Blazblue
    • Melty Blood
    • Aquapazza
    • King of Fighters
    • Soul Calibur

Okay, we need to real talk. Right now, only two games are realistically making the cut. They are:

Aquapazza and Guilty Gear

Around 10 players have contacted me regarding Aquapazza, and they REALLY want it there... apparently. I'm not sure how often these guys will show up or if they'll honestly show up in large numbers at all, so this is still kinda up in the air.

GG is a localized, more known, cheaper to buy ps2 game. I would like to make this the side game instead, but we need numbers... definite numbers. The Aquapazza people are promising to come in with around 10 players [which i doubt] so I need to know who here would come for GG.

Of course, the main game is still going to be Persona at every biweekly. The question I'm asking is what you guys want as a secondary. It's possible to do one biweekly as Persona/GuiltyGear then the other Persona/Aquapazza

A few things I don't know whats been changed since I have not read OP.

1. 10 Dollar Entry... Its the standard..and it works. Why would someone want to travel for a tournament that first place does not even win 50 dollars if they get first?

2. The 2nd game should be game that guarantees numbers. Guilty Gear is the safest bet. I know NJ players, they will promise you numbers for [insert game here] but when the event comes along only 3 will show up then they will complain when the game gets dropped. Look at the break when they dropped AE 2012. 4 games rotated out to fill the void and non of them worked.

3. If you want players to come to your event (from OUT OF STATE) the start time should be 8pm Sign up with an 8:30 start time, NO EXCEPTIONS. An average tournament takes about 4 hours give or take. If you start any later beyond 8:30 the tournament will run late and NY players will end up riderless, complain about it, and never show up again.

The break weeklies that KDZ/Hacker Mike/Jaxel run are a perfect model to show how something can succeed, and how something can fail, in NJ.

Of course, the main game is still going to be Persona at every biweekly. The question I'm asking is what you guys want as a secondary. It's possible to do one biweekly as Persona/GuiltyGear then the other Persona/Aquapazza

^ This.

I've got nothing against Aquapazza, but I think the game is dead on arrival.

Those guys might deliver 10 (or even more) people for the first time...maybe even the second time too, but I highly doubt they'll be able to maintain those numbers in the long run, and I see zero growth in its future, i.e. it's dead on arrival.

That's just what I think though, I could be wrong, it would be nice if they proved me wrong, but I don't think that'll be the case. All that being said, alternating between Aquapazza/GG might not be so bad, and everyone is happy that way.

I've got nothing against Aquapazza, but I think the game is dead on arrival.

Those guys might deliver 10 (or even more) people for the first time...maybe even the second time too, but I highly doubt they'll be able to maintain those numbers in the long run, and I see zero growth in its future, i.e. it's dead on arrival.

That's just what I think though, I could be wrong, it would be nice if they proved me wrong, but I don't think that'll be the case. All that being said, alternating between Aquapazza/GG might not be so bad, and everyone is happy that way.

This is the logical train of thought and trust me I had an argument over the people who wanted to play this game over something very similar. The main reason I'm doing a biweekly rotation with GG/AP is because the people who have contacted me wishing to play GG seem to not be able to make it out biweekly consistently since that's expensive for them even though it's still in NJ--- so since the AP guys promised they'd come out I decided a rotation should be good for now. If AP ends up dying, [likely] then I'll get another game to fill the spot or just do GG as the pure side game. We'll have to see. Also, tentative date seriously looking to be 8/17.

YOU NEED TO GIVE MORE NOTICE TIME THAN 2 HOURS. HOLY SHIT ROKU.

8/17 im like 70%-sure 'able to go' for. Best i can give on such short notice.

I'm definitely going as long as Next Level doesn't pop up. Then it just depends who's going where.

I'll try AP. Can't say I'll be any decent at it but I'll try it if we have it on rotation. 8/17 works fine for me. What time do you think we'll start casuals? Also, stream or no? If we don't have a streamer yet, I could try and procure a working computer in the coming month or so and get some equipment. Been meaning to get into it anyways.

8/17 can't work, Cotty has something going on that date.

The new date for this tournament is now 8/31. Spread the news, thanks!

Edit: I have streaming gear and stream regularly , though admittedly though my computer/webcam/mic are up to par my capture device is VERY sub-par.