Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

Persona 4 Arena Character Sprites

I got it working guise.

http://i.imgur.com/duXET.png

So, just to go over what I have done...

I made my own viewer ripper from scratch since I didn't have source code for the BBCS viewer or Hipster.

While Hipster and BBCS viewer can view a lot of stuff, my viewer aims to view the scripts the game uses to determine what is run each frame.

I plan to write a giant dumper that dumps all hitboxes and scripts for all characters, and a online site that uses that database to show gifs and still images for all characters, and any useful information that comes out of the scripts.

I am kinda doing this for fun at this point :D

I made editors for Brawl, SSF4AE, SFxT, and now Blazblue/P4A (my tool views the Blazblue stuff too!)

HOLY SHIT

That's kind of amazing, sorta wanna pick the game up just to utilize such a thing XD

Good job! = w=b

I got it working guise.

http://i.imgur.com/duXET.png

So, just to go over what I have done...

I made my own viewer ripper from scratch since I didn't have source code for the BBCS viewer or Hipster.

While Hipster and BBCS viewer can view a lot of stuff, my viewer aims to view the scripts the game uses to determine what is run each frame.

I plan to write a giant dumper that dumps all hitboxes and scripts for all characters, and a online site that uses that database to show gifs and still images for all characters, and any useful information that comes out of the scripts.

I am kinda doing this for fun at this point :D

I made editors for Brawl, SSF4AE, SFxT, and now Blazblue/P4A (my tool views the Blazblue stuff too!)

:thumbu:

You're doing the world a great service. Hope you can get some good info out of it.

I actually made it do that you can edit and rebuild palette files! Also, I think ive fixed all bugs that I noticed that my program had viewing the boxes.

The game does this weird positioning thing...just wondering, what size are the hitbox images that hipster dumps? Because for some of the personas, I will have to create a GIANT bounding box to make the hitboxes fit in...its kinda awkward

http://i.imgur.com/Jzvut.png

This is what I mean. I can try to create a gif, and I have the bounding box nessesary to line things up, but some of them will be almost 800x600 gifs...

I guess the game IS animated at 1280x720 as a target, and some of the personas ARE huge, so its to be expected...its just gonna be a pain.

Right now my program is a bit slow because I am using WPF to do the image manipulation, but I think I know the best way for me to do this pixel perfect now that I understand what I am doing!

Hipster doesn't do hitboxes, we had a special viewer for that. The images are mostly pretty huge though.

and some of the hitbox images are cut off or just missing. see hama/mudo for naoto, maragidyne for yukiko, garudyne for yosuke, elizabeth's 2D (which should be going up tonight).

Thank you very much for everything. I'll enjoy playing around with the sprites on arcade stick art template in Photoshop. :)

Story Mode rips have been posted. THESE FILES MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS. VIEW THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Enjoy P4U everybody.

Thanks for these Circ.

But, imageEX appears to be corrupt, can't open it.

And what about the recolored cut-ins, the one that appear during Supers, did you get to rip them?

Nice work man :)

No, they're not ripped. I can't open those files.

As for ImageEX, I'll upload a new one later (meaning probably tomorrow). For now either get the complete pack or wait. Sorry for the trouble.

will they be available in the near future?

Not from me. My tools don't work on the files they're in and I lack the resources/skills to change them.

cool stuff on Extra and Avatar! Finally, a "One More Chance" sprite... Trying to find an "Enemy Advantage" sprite that was shown in P4 2nd OP, but it may be something original.. Oh well, illustrator time~

*still looking for some system sprites.... but I guess this is not the thread for that right?

Wish I knew something about ripping stuff so I could at least attempt to help figure out some things. Hopefully someone comes along and has the answer to unlocking those other files. Ever since I first saw the versus screen character portraits last year I've been dying to have nice clean versions of them. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will eventually happen.

As for character art I found these from here http://3d.skr.jp/2d/

http://i.imgur.com/9rpry.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0lRfD.jpg

Thats the biggest res I've come across yet.

stuff

Me and Mokyun (in Mayonaka Midnight, dunno if Mokyun comes around these parts too) are rippin' and renderin' the portraits, using screenshots from the in-game gallery, like those pics you posted... though the ones I have are bigger, because my console's set to 1080p instead of 720p. They're far from perfect but, for now, they will do! I tried different things to open up the files but I'm no good at that stuff so of course I couldn't do anything. Checking them in a HEX editor and they seemed to just be uncompressed files, unlike the ones that are compressed and have to be uncompressed (which are the ones that can be easily ripped, which are all in the first post)... was kinda weird...

Anyway, the portrait rips.

Here's the ones we have so far (they're huge, seriously):

-Elizabeth (rendered by Mokyun): Normal - With Glasses

-Yu Narukami (rendered by Mokyun): Normal - With Glasses

-Naoto (rendered by me, wheeeee!): Normal - With Glasses

Dunno when we're gonna have the rest done, but I guess I'll keep ya'll updated.

Oh yeah, I should take this opportunity to thank Circuitous directly. Thanks for the rips, man.

Me and Mokyun (in Mayonaka Midnight, dunno if Mokyun comes around these parts too) are rippin' and renderin' the portraits, using screenshots from the in-game gallery, like those pics you posted... though the ones I have are bigger, because my console's set to 1080p instead of 720p. They're far from perfect but, for now, they will do! I tried different things to open up the files but I'm no good at that stuff so of course I couldn't do anything. Checking them in a HEX editor and they seemed to just be uncompressed files, unlike the ones that are compressed and have to be uncompressed (which are the ones that can be easily ripped, which are all in the first post)... was kinda weird...

Anyway, the portrait rips.

Here's the ones we have so far (they're huge, seriously):

-Elizabeth (rendered by Mokyun): Normal - With Glasses

-Yu Narukami (rendered by Mokyun): Normal - With Glasses

-Naoto (rendered by me, wheeeee!): Normal - With Glasses

Dunno when we're gonna have the rest done, but I guess I'll keep ya'll updated.

Oh yeah, I should take this opportunity to thank Circuitous directly. Thanks for the rips, man.

You're doing god's work son

I thank you all for the wonderful resolutions of all the art from this game, however I can never seem to find the versus portraits that show up RIGHT before the battle with the characters staring each other down.

Anyone have any of these? Looking particularly for Akihiko, Elizabeth, Aigis and Chie. Thanks in advance!

I may be totally glancing over it but I don't see it in the complete pack, or I'm just a derp that doesn't know how the sprite generation works. Bear with me.

Have the alternate color palettes been dumped for the characters' instant kill cutins? I'm looking for Mitsuru's 6th color specifically for stickart.

If there's some extremely easy way to accomplish this by myself I'm overlooking, please let me know and then you can make fun of me publicly. Thanks in advance.

when I try to get the palettes for Athena ,Thanatos,Take-Mikazuchi from your site the site won't load I'm using firefox,I try chrome,and IE and they won't show up but when I do google search I can see them but when I click them they not showing up.