Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AchedSphinx

[P4A] Aigis vs Kanji

I'm starting the match-up threads to give a basic rundown of each character Aigis has to face. Please note this is a work in progress and I would be grateful to receive any feedback on errors I've made or things that are incorrect. This information isn't my own, I've gotten it from other sources, and part of it is my overall assessment.

Matchup Ranking:

The Enemy's Assessment:

Overview

General Tips
  • For this fight, aiming to break Kanji’s persona is a good way to reduce his offensive options, and can be done easily with Aigis projectiles or pressure. Be wary of his DP, it has guard point, and can be cumbersome to deal with. If you jump in on Kanji after crushing his 5C, jumping in with j.C is a good way to punish him, and with the right spacing can avoid his 2B anti-air.

Close-Range
  • When in close range you want to be the one at the advantage and not the other way around. Be cautious of his command grabs because they have invincibility frames and his DP is guard point. Kanji also has a command grab for predictable jump types, avoid it as much as possible. If you are paralyzed by one of his attack, Quick Escape is a good method to escape his pressure, timing it is crucial.

Medium-Range
  • Kanji’s 5C has great range so it is a normal that you must be cautious of. He can also feint the attack if he holds it down long enough. Use Aigis projectiles to break and punish it if possible. Kanji also has D moves he can use to summon lightning at specific points on the field, if hit, it will cause paralysis so keep your guard up at all times. If he press the D more times he can do it up to three times, be sure to count.

Far-Range
  • 2B is a good means to handle the ranged game until Orgia mode is up, or when you’re setting up pressure. 2B can also break bad persona usage on Kanji’s part. Be wary of his full screen lightning strikes as they can inflict paralysis.

Reversal
  • What a Pain is Kanji's DP. It has guard point on frame one, meaning it can beat out other DPs, and it has a wide hit box making it tough to avoid. It paralyzes on hit. It might be possible to cross over if Aigis has enough height. Poking with 2/5A can make him mistake your pressure and you can punish accordingly.

Ground-to-Air
  • Use 2B to prevent jumpins and break person stock. You can follow up with j.C for the punish or the Aigis staple j.A.

Air-to-Ground

Cornered
Kanji is quite favorable in this position because of his yomi. His options are command throw, air command throw, and his long range normals. Be patient and you’ll find a proper opportunity to punish whatever he decides to throw out. Guarding and finding a means to quick escape is one of the best ways of escaping the pressure. Aigis super shield will lose to Kanji’s DP, which he can do on response to your super.

Good Tools For The Match Up

[*]2B

[*]j.C

[*]Orgia Mode

[*]j.A

[*]5A

[*]5B

Things To Look Out For

[*]5C

[*]Command Grabs

[*]Air Command Grab

[*]5D, lightning strikes

Conclusion

[*]This fight will be slower pace than most. Kanji has a lot of health to it will take some time to widdle it down. His command grabs are dangerous up close and have some invincibility so he can easily find gaps in your pressure to throw one out. If you pressure him well, the fight can easily shift into your favor, and Aigis also has range to her advantage. Take advantage of Kanji's slow pace to make it an easy win.