Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AchedSphinx

[P4A] Aigis vs Labrys

I'm starting the match-up threads to give a basic rundown of each character Aigis has to face. Please note this is a work in progress and I would be grateful to receive any feedback on errors I've made or things that are incorrect. This information isn't my own, I've gotten it from other sources, and part of it is my overall assessment.

Matchup Ranking:

The Enemy's Assessment:

Overview

General Tips
  • Labrys is a very dangerous opponent to face because of the amount of damage she can do. Keep an eye on her axe color, red is the most dangerous and leads to great damage. If caught in a red axe combo, the best option is to burst smartly to avoid it from turning the tables. Watch out for Labrys j.B it is very good and has exceptional horizontal and vertical distance, giving it a 360 degree hitbox and can also be used to cross-up. It is the move you will see Labrys do over others when approaching. Labrys Guillotine axe second hit is an overhead to be cautious and when she uses her chain knuckle to bring herself in, she can follow-up with j.B as another overhead.

Close-Range
  • Labrys will typically go for 5A to stagger her pressure, however the poke is slower than Aigis 5A, thus you can punish her with it to escape it. She will go for mix-up so watch out for lows and Guillotine axe which can lead to big damage. Try to limit Labrys pressure as well, the longer she on the offensive the higher level her axe will become.

Medium-Range
  • Expect Labrys to use chain knuckle to get in and follow up with her j.B. To keep her cautious, Aigis can use 5D and 5C can be used to punish the dash in.

Far-Range
  • Use 2B to harass Labrys and use that to go into Orgia Mode and onto the offensive. Be careful of Labrys chain knuckle SB, it makes her invisible and allows her to close the distance with a follow-up j.B.

Air-to-Air
  • Labrys j.B is really good and what she will use for air-to-air battles. The start-up is slower than Aigis j.B and can catch Labrys in the start-up of her j.B which you can punish.

Air-to-Ground
  • Labrys 2B is very effective at preventing jump-ins that Aigis can do. Time jumps to avoid it and go for the punish.

Ground-to-Air
Aigis 2B is great for picking off Labrys jump ins and allowing Aigis to go into Orgia Mode and onto the offensive. If Labrys is too close on jump-in, she can hit with her j.B.

Reversal
5th Gen Axe Slash is Labrys DP, it's the same as Shadow Labrys, and is easy to bait and punish because it has super armor from frame one.

Good Tools For The Match Up

[*]2B

[*]Orgia Mode

[*]j.A

[*]5A

[*]5B

Things To Look Out For

[*]Guillotine Axe

[*]j.B

[*]Chain Knuckle

[*]2B

Conclusion

[*]This fight is a tricky one, mainly because of the range of Labrys normals, especially her j.B. To offset this, her normals are quite slow compared to Aigis, thus you can often counter her pressure and go into the advantage. Aigis also has superior ranged abilities, allowing her to dictate the pace. Slow and steady until Orgia mode, in which case you end the round in two or three combos.