Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShinBlanka

[Mar 29-31, 2013] FINAL ROUND XVI - Atlanta, GA

I don't know what people are waiting on but there's only 18 people that have registered online for P4A as of this morning. The massive amount of hotel rooms reserved under the FR16 group rate is not matching up with the low pre register list numbers, but I know we are going to have a lot more people at FR16 than the pre reg list suggest. I just think people haven't registered online yet and they don't realize that online registration will end in 18 days! We need people to pre reg online so we can properly make the pools and list them 3 days prior to the event so everyone attending will know when, what, and where they need to be during FR16. If you don't register online you will only cause delay's in the event as we would have to redo pre-made pools/brackets due to the overflow of at the door regs.

We at FINAL ROUND need your help to make sure everything starts on time/on schedule and pre registering online is a vital part of the process! If you do sign up at the door for your games it will be $10 more than the online fee. ($40 online and $50 at the door) Also you won't be seeded in ANY MANNER if you sign up at the door. You will be placed in the next available slot in a pool. We can't spend 1-2 hours reseeding the pools because people want to be lazy. We are trying to accomendate those that don't have a paypal account or those that won't have the funds until the date of the event with emergency door reg's on Thursday evening 7pm-10pm March 28, 2013 and Friday March 29, 2013 at 8am-12 noon, but that is suppose to be for emergency regs only and not for those who forgot to reg online. Goto the following link to register online:

http://www.finalround.org/register.cfm

There's only 14 days until the FINAL ROUND hotel group rate will end and I added more rooms so you guys would have a chance to get a room under the FR group rate ($93 per night) instead of the $150 per night without the fr group rate. Goto the following link to reserve your room before they are all gone:

http://www.finalround.org/location.cfm

I don't know if everyone realize it, but there's only 33 days until the hype is upon us shawty! I'm also might do something with the new Darkstalkers as requested by the players, but I need to see the pre reg list for P4a go up a lot to even think about adding something else to FR16. Is there another website for P4A players that i don't know about that I need to put the event information on?

There isn't really any other site that I am aware of, Larry. I'll try to spread the word on Twitter.

Anyone know if there will be an AquaPazza side tournament at all?

Blazblue tourney info stuff since I haven't posted it yet and I've been asked a few times:

5$ entry

70/20/10 split

2/3 rounds, 2/3 games. Winner/losers/grand finals 3/5

Signups will be from 12pm-3pm on Saturday. There will be some white dudes with a signup sheet next to a setup with a Fakku sticker and NOS air freshener on it.

Tournament will start as soon as brackets are done after 3pm.

It will be on PS3

All other Final Round rules will apply, including wireless pads being banned.

Shower or bath or I'm going to spray you with Febreeze. I'll be in full Stink Police garb that day.

And remember, it's a side tournament. Official tournaments come first. Let some dude handling the bracket know if you're in anything else when we're running it.

And please feel free to hit me up with any questions, suggestions, concerns or whatever either in a PM, or tweet @TheGreatReptar

Blazblue tourney info stuff since I haven't posted it yet and I've been asked a few times:

5$ entry

70/20/10 split

2/3 rounds, 2/3 games. Winner/losers/grand finals 3/5

Signups will be from 12pm-3pm on Saturday. There will be some white dudes with a signup sheet next to a setup with a Fakku sticker and NOS air freshener on it.

Tournament will start as soon as brackets are done after 3pm.

It will be on PS3

All other Final Round rules will apply, including wireless pads being banned.

Shower or bath or I'm going to spray you with Febreeze. I'll be in full Stink Police garb that day.

And remember, it's a side tournament. Official tournaments come first. Let some dude handling the bracket know if you're in anything else when we're running it.

And please feel free to hit me up with any questions, suggestions, concerns or whatever either in a PM, or tweet @TheGreatReptar

I thought all side tourneys have to be done on Friday? I just wanted to check since this could affect which day I'm flying in (provided that I'm able to make this).

Shinblanka said on page 4 that it would have to be run Saturday.

Although, I didn't see that it said after MK9 when I read through it at first. I would assume that that would only push the tournament back later, although we might be able to run it in the middle of the afternoon anyway if we can just get room for setups. I have 2, possibly 3 setups confirmed right now.

Although, I didn't see that it said after MK9 when I read through it at first. I would assume that that would only push the tournament back later, although we might be able to run it in the middle of the afternoon anyway if we can just get room for setups. I have 2, possibly 3 setups confirmed right now.

If you can confirm the set up's then you got it sir. Side joints bb and GG are for friday, but one (BB) may start on sat once p4a has gotten down to the top 8!

I hope you guys enjoyed the new trailer. Hopefully someone will put this trailer on the front page of this site. :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgQnccvoesk

Also check out the video of FR15 hype to get you ready for FR16. http://vimeo.com/38198844

Both videos were created by FunkyP, so show this man a lot of love on stream #2 during FR16 for his great work. http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp

and of course stream #1 will be none other than Team Spooky http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

I also may have some DS tournament news coming up soon, so stay tuned to www.finalround.org for more details!

Hey Larry! Sorry I haven't gotten around to pre registering yet. I'm pretty excited snout the possibility of a VSAV tournament! Would it be on the console release that's coming right before FR?

Anyways I'm going to register for P4 and Melty as soon as I get home!

Dang, I need a competitor's badge for side tournaments? Guess I'm going to be entering P4U afterall. I'll preregister next week, whenever I get birthday money from my folks.

Just read that right now, thanks for clearing it up. I really hope I can make this.

Just letting people know that I'm coming from Brazil to enter FR. Althought I'm a Melty Blood player, I'm up for some P4, AH3 or UMVC3 (ye, srsly) matches, just hit me up if you wanna chill and play whatever.

AH3
I wish we could get some ah3 going on, doesn't look like that'll be possible though.

Finalizing plans for this, should be registering soon. Can anyone tell me if GG will be on Friday or Saturday?

EDIT: reading is hard, I see that it will be on Friday. I'll probably miss it again then :( but I'll be there for P4!

Finalizing plans for this, should be registering soon. Can anyone tell me if GG will be on Friday or Saturday?

EDIT: reading is hard, I see that it will be on Friday. I'll probably miss it again then :( but I'll be there for P4!

‎9 days until online registration for FR16 ends! Don't miss out on saving $10 off the door registration and help us start on time by registering online at http://www.finalround.org/register.cfm

There's only 40 rooms available in the entire hotel during the FR16 weekend. Get them while you have the chance people at

http://www.finalround.org/location.cfm

Who wants some stick mods? XD

Gummowned, Vicko, and I are teaming up again for Final Round to take care of all your stick modding needs! We'll be modding all weekend, but mods are first come, first serve. If the traffic is anywhere near last year's, you can expect us to be busy all weekend. Get your stick to us as early as possible to make sure we're able to get to it! We do reserve the right to adjust the queue based on the difficulty of jobs. Repairs will almost always go to the back of the queue, so generally we don't even take them until Sunday.

Basic prices:

Dual mods: $80 for most models. Includes auto-detection if you're starting with a 360 stick or an Official-brand Hitbox. If you want Auto-detection on a PS3 stick, add $20. Hitboxes add $20 to account for the SOCD cleaner board that needs to be installed to make it tournament-legal at most tournaments.

RJ45 mods (detachable cables): $100 for 360 sticks, $140 for PS3 sticks. Extra cables for are $10. If you're wanting an NES, SNES, Dreamcast, or PS1/PS2 cable, please inquire so we can have them on hand.

LED Mods: Contact Gummowned in advance. Prices vary by model.

PS3 pad dual mods are possible, but can not be done onsite. Please contact Gummowned in advance.

Repair rates: (NOTE: Duckie (ie: Me, the guy with the eye patch) is usually the only one willing to take repairs before Sunday.)

Warranty repairs: Ask.

Jobs that require soldering: $20/hr, with 1 hr guaranteed.

Jobs that don't require soldering: Ask. For the easy stuff there's a tip jar. Toss something in it and we're good.

USB cable replacement: $20

Extra Breakaway cables: $5

SPECIAL OFFER!

Vicko will also be on-hand selling custom balltops by Gandakris. If you have a special request, contact Vicko in advance (and do it early!). Gandakris is a wonderful artist, so be sure to check out the gallery on her Facebook page!

FAQ:

Q: How long does a dual mod take?

A: Depends on how busy we are. Usually an hour or two. So if you're eighth in line, that means it can take anywhere from eight to sixteen hours to get your stick back. It'll probably be much faster than that, but it's just best to be prepared to not have your stick for a while.

Q: Can you dual mod pads?

A: Yes, but not on site. It's actually more expensive than dual modding a stick because the process is harder and it takes longer. If you need a pad dual-modded, contact Gummowned. If you're wanting a PS3 pad dual modded, keep in mind that you'll lose the analog sticks in the process. Madcatz 360 Fightpads and Brawlpads are also dual-moddable.

Q: Do you still do the USB cord mod for PS3 pads?

A: Nope. It turned out to be too much of a hassle in the end. I no longer offer that mod.

Q: I need to compete. Can I get my stick back?

A: Sure, but if you're not back by the time we'd start working on it, you're going to the back of the line. If it's being worked on when you need it, then you'll have to borrow another stick. That's why it's best to get to us early!

Q: Why are 360 sticks cheaper to work on?

A: PS3 boards are easier to program, so when we're adding PS3 to a system we can add special boards that add all kinds of cool stuff, most commonly auto-detecting between PS3 and 360.

Q: Can I request a specific modder?

A: Absolutely! If you wish to request a specific modder, make sure we write it down on the ticket or it's up for grabs!

Yo Duckie, you should mention if you guys are doing battery removal mods for people again this year. I've heard a couple of people ask about that.

Also, will you guys have spare RJ-45 to USB cords on hand? I need to replace mine. The little piece of plastic that made it snap into the jack broke off after 3 years, so it slides out now =[

Yo Duckie, you should mention if you guys are doing battery removal mods for people again this year. I've heard a couple of people ask about that.

Also, will you guys have spare RJ-45 to USB cords on hand? I need to replace mine. The little piece of plastic that made it snap into the jack broke off after 3 years, so it slides out now =[

Yes, RJ-45 to USB cords are $10, and we'll have them on hand. I'll repair the current one you have if you just toss something in the tip jar.

About the battery removal mod, I honestly have no idea if I'll be doing them or not. It simply took up too much of my time last year, and I make more off of dual mods in a shorter amount of time. If I do do them, I have to raise the price to $20 to account for the time lost. As of right now it'll be based on how I'm feeling the day of the tournament. There's also the issue that it doesn't make the pad tournament legal for EVO. FR does encourage it, though.

Preregistered for P4A, definitely excited. Can't wait to play some great sets of P4A. It'll also be nice to be around more than two other people who actually play the game!!!fuck

I'm going to Final Round. I'll be selling autographs for 85 dollars each, checks not accepted thank you, see you in grand finals