Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShinBlanka

[Mar 29-31, 2013] FINAL ROUND XVI - Atlanta, GA

MORE SPEED SHOUTOUTS ACTIVATE.

A.X.I.S. for not being a real member of the Axis forces. Also, for being a hilarious dood.

ZomB for the wonderful friendlies at Eshi's, and for bodying me in 90% of them.

Psykotic for being a really, really helpful and friendly guy. Seriously, thanks.

Nobody.exe for wearing a horse head and beating me twice on stream.

GreatReptar for being great and hosting BB.

Jyosua for streaming BB 'n stuff. Watch out for run up Cross Slash~.

VR-Raiden for pulling off da bes Yu oki I've ever seen.

ShinSyn for GAWDAMMIT WE DIDN'T TALK LIKE AT ALL.

Setsuna and Zenosuke for saving the TN crew Friday night.

AB Stone for being a strong Chie and eliminating MarlinPie.

Lord Knight for the friendly. I reeeeeally wanted to play your Mitsuru, though. ; n;

SKD for GET OFF DA BEECH AND COME TO FR NEXT YEAR DAMMIT

Kurushii for WHERE WERE YOOOOOU

And everyone else for making it out~. If I forgot you and you feel like you deserve a shoutout, let me know and I'll give you your own personal message for it~.

Looks like all the cool kids are doing this. Might as well join in.

- Shoutouts to Jackie Chandler, Uri, Milln and the rest of TN I met. You guys are all really chill.

- Shoutouts to Reptar for running BB, handing out Fakku swag and playing that one BB version where Tsubaki's a real character.

- Shoutouts to Shinsyn. You're a cool dude, glad I got to meet you.

- Shoutouts to Setsuna. Dat Kirino love too stronk.

- Shoutouts to ZomB. Stay awesome.

- Shoutouts to Ivysaur. Wished I could've played more Carl mirrors with you. :(

- Shoutouts to Ludwig. I'm still kicking myself for not playing casuals with you like I said I would.

- Shoutouts to DC for crushing Canada's hopes and dreams in P4A.

- Shoutouts to DWB. You're fun to hang around, hope we can meet again.

- Shoutouts to Jyosua for streaming BB and chilling with me at the diner.

- Shoutouts to Blue Link for coming all the way from Brazil and for those 8 minutes of VF casuals. 'Twas a good 8 minutes~

- Shoutouts to Ray Jizzle. Dat Akihiko, dear lord.

- Shoutouts to both of my losses in P4 being against Mitsuru :V

- Shoutouts to horsehead dude.

- Shoutouts to everyone I played games with over the weekend. GGs to y'all.

- Shoutouts to anyone who I forgot to give shoutouts to.

- Anti-shoutouts to that Bulbasaur scrub who entered BB. Your Carl is awful and you should quit this game.

Shout outs (finally)! In no order:

- Bama for saving Guilty Gear. Good shit guys! Thanks LukeR for running the bracket.

- My B'ham Bama bros: SolidPlay, Derrell, Raekwon, SilentShinobi, RedZo, DragonJoe, DJ, CDeezy, Anotak, Raph, ManTownMayor, etc.

- Everyone who entered Guilty Gear. Thanks for Keeping the Flag Flying!

- Koogy: that casual set was fun as fuck! Really nice to get a longer uninterrupted set in. Thanks for commentating on GG's stream as well.

- Abegen: That money match set we had was my personal high point of the entire tournament. I feel my Potemkin matchup exp went up tenfold. I hope we get to play again someday!

- GOOD SHIT SOLIDPLAY! That FB Unicycle > Airthrow had me literally jumping. Too hype.

- All my Huntsville bros who attended! Zega, Trent, Farkas, LukeR, Sara, Akshaye, etc. Thanks again for saving GG!

- Everyone who made it to the Irish Pub. Long Island Iced Burger = Too tasty. RomeyUrHomey for defiling Never Gonna Give You Up in karaoke. Eshi for actually being able to sing falsetto. DC for being annoyingly drunk, but DawnYoHosie for taking care of him. BGs to the guy with us who said the word "swag" in my presence non-ironically. Normally that is a KoS term for me, but luckily I was in a good mood. Also BGs to that weird ass Long Island Iced Tea that made me sick as fix after drinking less than half of it (and yes, it tasted weird before the burger dip).

- Amadeus for the offline netplay matches. LG? More like LAG, AM I RIGHT? Good hangin' with ya, and thanks for being instrumental in arranging the MM with Abegen! White Doren = Godlike.

- Whoever entered GG as "Whoopi Goldburst." Tournament handle of the millennium.

- Eshi: for being a kickass roommate and sparring partner!

- TN bros: Klein for music recommendations and Slayer matches, Milln for repping that sweet hat and being a bro, Mellis for the hugs and encouragement (I'm so glad you've seen the anime light!), Star for trying to pick at GG/BB even though I just ignored it since I didn't want to ruin the mood, Jackie for placing 7th in BB and landing multiple Astrals in tournament and even teaching a guy how to play mid-match (lulz)

- ShinSyn: Good to meet you! Hopefully we can play next time!

- Axis: Dude, you are funny as fuck. GGs in Blaz!

- Guardian: ICE MOUNTAIN!!! Too hype. Wish we could have chilled more, come to Atlanta!

- Urichinan: Good shit with that Litchi and for also wearing stylish boots!

- Jyosua: Thanks for streaming GG/BB and for putting in overtime to stream the MM!

- Heidern: Good to see ya bro!

- Tad: Keep rockin' that Ky! Always glad to see ya man!

- The General: HE'S ALIVE! Good stuff with Testament! Years later, and you're still bodying me, lol.

- Reptar, ZomB, Ivysaur, and all other ATL bros: thanks for welcoming me into the community and for the GA Tech gatherings! I really hope you guys pick up +R when it drops!

- LK for taking three anime tourneys! When are you gonna start aiming to make that four? GGAC+R is around the corner ;)

- Anyone I played casuals with in GG: you guys are the best! Extra shout outs to the two Israeli guys and BlueLinkBR for flying out. That is some major dedication! Mad respect.

- Larry/ShinBlanka for hosting the best damn major in the states!

- Anyone I left out. You know who you are! I'll probably edit this a billion times as I remember people, lol.

- Lastly, shout outs to me for bodying Abegen in P4A ("Well he doesn't play the game anymore!" Joke's on you haters, I don't either) then MMing him in Guilty just for the hype, posting results + characters played in this thread before anyone else without receiving credit, dropping a bunch of Hakumen/A.B.A./Labrys knowledge over time and not getting enough recognition for it, eliminating top players at tournaments and placing top 8 at literally every major I've attended but never receiving commendation or little award.jpgs, writing up in-depth guides to have them rejected or downplayed because I'm not JP/in the club/cheerleading, keeping the Bama scene alive while I lived there by hosting casuals at my house 1-4 times a week for months until a real venue was made available, carving new players into good ones by showing tough love even though they don't realize it and take it for granted then write me off as just being an asshole when that assholishness is what helped them stopped being scrubby, hearing shit talk from random netplayers who think online matters but troll/don't play seriously while I try to play seriously and learn from online yet take it with a grain of salt, AND MOST OF ALL......BGs to myself for putting up with all that shit for so long that it has made me a bitter, actual asshole on the forums.

I was honestly considering quitting FGs before Final Round to the point where I was going to give away my ticket, but I couldn't be happier with my decision to attend--that was the most fun tournament I've ever attended, and it reminded me exactly why I love FGs: my bros in the community. Now that I have properly vented, I am going to strive to post more like the chill dude I am in real life at tourneys instead of sliding further down the haterman slope. Thanks for reminding me how fun FGs can be, guys.

GGs everyone and thanks for attending, see ya next year (maybe sooner?)!

- ShinSyn, Miller and Axis, you guys are chill as fuck, and just listening to you realtalking overnight inspired me to try persona for real. Thanks again for letting me stay with you and sharing your stories and info on the game, I felt like I was part of a bigger community than that of any game or nation. Hope I get to see you guys again. Keep representing the midwest.

- Shin, I was expecting you to body me at the tournament, even cheering for you to do so actually. If you channel 100% of what we know you can do, I have no doubt you'll succeed. Good luck on your major, and keep leading the Narukarmy, sir!

- Axis, thanks for lecturing me on all the subtle discrepancies of the american culture, like "nigga time". And good shit falling on top of me for a drunken hug and then asking me to get off you. You're just hilarious, dude. Even your trashtalk/trolling is awesome. Thanks for giving a scrub matchup experience, and good luck with Narukami.

- LK, congratulations on taking BB, MB and P4! For such an accomplished player you'd be a great voice actor. I'd totally use that sonic dub as my ringtone, and I'd love to have you back in Brazil, anytime. Hope we get to play more.

- Setsuna, your meta stuff is off the charts. Smartest joke I've seen in a long time.

- Bluelink, thanks for being my traveling partner and guiding me through Atlanta. Also, good shit paying for free internet =x

- LKG, somehow you make your way into people's hearts, no homo. You level up pretty quickly sir, can't wait to see how you improve over time. And thanks for teaching me how to make that drink. I just think you should value your money more, lol

- Ludwig, great stuff beating me with Naoto S2 Hope you keep rocking her for all of us slackers. Guy with a crossdresser girl cosplay....that's too good.

- Chosen, the Yukiko hero! I think your gameplay was the one I liked to watch more out of everyone there.

- XCross and MadScientist, thanks for teaching me the Liz matchup. Xcross and I actually managed to glitch the game, lol.

- ZomB, Eshi, Reptar, DC, Amadeous, Dollar, Generic, Yohoe and all the dudes that I played/talked to but was too overwhelmed to remember names, so nice meeting you and thanks for everything! It's been a pleasure.

Oh, and the most important thing you should always remember: don't fuck with Amadeous' waifu. Ever.

Oh, and the most important thing you should always remember: don't fuck with Amadeous' waifu. Ever.

This guy knows. (Also glad to meet you there, I don't think we talked much though)

Shoutouts to anyone who arm wrestled me, I'm sure your arm will be okay eventually.

Shoutouts to Shinsyn: It was great finally getting to meet you in person, Team DAI represent!

Shoutouts to Amadeous: For being a cool dude, playing BB with me, and for not knocking me over the head with a Puffball!

Shoutouts to Ivysaur: For having an amazing Carl and sending me to losers in the BB tournament.

Shoutouts to Psykotik: For also having an amazing Carl, being a delight to talk with, and for the intense BB matches in the tournament.

Shoutouts to A.X.I.S.: For not playing BB anymore, you might be ready for me in CP, but I'm gonna' be better too! Respect for getting top 4 with Kanji. Super shoutouts to Platinum mirrors in a legit tournament. Also, dat voice.

Shoutouts to DC: For being there the entire time without me realizing it. Sorry! I never saw you!

Shoutouts to Lord Knight: For being DA GAWD in every game, always taking 1st, stealing people's money, and for being da bess 'Murican Litchi. (One day I hope we can be on the same level) I was disappointed that we never got to talk, but our one match in P4U was pretty fun.

Shoutouts to Nobody.EXE: For wearing the horse mask and still placing high. It made my weekend.

Shoutouts to Tecta1Eastside: For going to, and taking 2nd, at his first ever major!

Shoutouts to Astaroth: For getting top 16 in Soul Calibur, always being fun to talk with, and for killing me in SCV casuals. Anti-shoutouts for having A.X.I.S. pick Tager against my scrubby Platinum in the BB tournament.

Shoutouts to Jackie Chandler: For destroying everyone he fought in P4U during pools, it's a shame you weren't able to beat Aigis, eventually you'll be able to take her down no problem. You're an awesome guy to hang around, and you're pretty much the only person in our scene that will talk BB with me consistently. (Naimat being the only other person)

Shoutouts to LastStarSavior: I despise you for your hatred of BB, but I love you for being a goofball and for being fun to talk with. It wasn't until I got home Sunday that I realized we never fought in Persona the entire weekend. Double shoutouts to Noel in CP, don't you just love all those new combo fillers!? :kitty:

Shoutouts to AnnieIFrank: It was nice meeting you for the first time, the Persona matches we had were fun. You had the best pink arcade stick at FR.

Shoutouts to Klein: For being chill, it's always a pleasure talking theory with you, and doing match analysis while our friends fight. Lol Congrats on making it so far in GG with so many killers being there.

Shoutouts to Skeletal Minion: For beating Abegen in Persona, being a good Labrys, and for being fun to hang with. Hopefully next time we meet we'll actually be able to play each other in something. Shoutouts to having your own IRL shadow version of yourself.

Shoutouts to Milln: For being extremely awesome, for always wearing the hat (gdlk), supporting everyone in your scene during their matches, no matter the game, and for driving people down to FR.

Shoutouts to Naimat: For talking BB with me on Saturday, it's always fun discussing the upcoming changes and theory fighting with you. Casuals were fun, and props for getting so far in the BB tournament despite the fact that you hardly ever play anymore.

Shoutouts to Alphakami: For being awesome and helping out with FR. Hopefully next time we meet you won't be so busy, then we can properly talk/play.

Shoutouts to Eshi: For being the low-tier hero, and for actually holding your own against some of the top players with Elizabeth. Props for hosting people from our TN community all weekend. It's a shame you and I never got to talk.

Shoutouts to ZomB: FOR BEING THE BIGGEST TIER-WHORE EVER! Nah, seriously, you've got a great Chie, and it's always fun leveling up in P4U against you. We really should play more, I could use the MU experience. (Shadow Labrys vs. Chie is my own personal worst match-up)

Shoutouts to Ludwig Van: For using Naoto in a tournament, and for also cosplaying her the whole day.

Shoutouts to VR-Raiden: For having an obscure Narukami playstyle, it was fun watching your matches.

Shoutouts to DemonWindBomb: It was really awesome getting to meet you in person, it's a good thing we never fought in the BB tournament, because I probably would have lost to you.

Shoutouts to Spirit Juice: For not allowing any fun, we can't help that we're all nerds!

Shoutouts to Miller: For destroying everyone in casuals with your Yosuke, I didn't catch any of your matches during the tournament though, sadly.

Shoutouts to Guardian: For getting top 8 with Relius, and for almost beating Lord Knight with him in the BB tournament.

Shoutouts to SunBhie: For having to use my controller all day during the Persona tournament. Lol I'm glad I was able to help you out. I managed to catch a little bit of your matches and you seem to have a pretty good Naoto.

Shoutouts to TheGreatReptar: For running the BB tournament, being awesome, and for playing Tsubaki. Nobody plays Tsubaki. Lol

Shoutouts to Jyosua: For running the BB/GG streams, mad props for that. Also thanks for relaying all of HK's messages to me.

Shoutouts to EVERYONE: For not being able to spell or pronounce my name. It's U-R-I-C-H-I-N-A-N, it's pronounced UR-ITCH-IN-AN (Ur as in bURn, An as in ANne)

Shoutouts to Hellknight_10: For being my father, watching the BB stream all day just to see me, correcting my name on the stream, and for telling people I was there.

Shoutouts to Me: For pulling off 3 SMP loops in the BB tournament.

Shoutouts to there only being, like, one other Shadow Labrys player at Final Round.

Shoutouts to all of the people who make Final Round possible, I'm glad you do, because I wouldn't have been able to make it to a major this year if there was no FR.

Shoutouts to anyone else I met and am forgetting. It was awesome meeting everyone there, and I hope to be more active in the community in the years to come. (Basically when I can drive)

Although I had a rough time finding people to play Persona I’m glad I was able to find room 1733 to get some casuals on Friday and Sunday. I wish I could had warmed more before the tournament in order to to get out of my pools.I was bummed when people were asking me why I didn’t got out of the pools for having such a good Liz.

-Spiritjuice: It was cool to actually meet you in person. I didn’t know who you were until Sunday, but had the chance to play with you some matches on 1733.

- Chosen Ninja: Best Yukiko in the business. I already had an idea on how to deal with Yukiko’s weakness against mine. It was hella fun how momentum our matches were. I’m glad I was able to meet your high level!

-Brazil guy: I hope I was able to help you with Liz tech and how to play and deal with her. I hope your friend from Brazil learns too! Your Narukami has lot of room to grow, keep on it!

-Black dude Yosuke player( sorry for not knowing your name! you were in 1733) You pushed my anticipation skills to the max! You have great readings skills and good pursuit of 2B for reset.

-Dawn: I actually wanted to run more sets with you instead of playing 1 match in the whole tournament! Time will tell! Thank you for testing the dual modded stick and for being just awesome.

-Black dude Kanji player: I’m better grappler than you with Elizabeth. Hold dat shit! Clearly you know the Liz matchup, although I think in the long run you weren’t prepared for the dirty stuff! Jumping and doing lighting will get you kill in the long run if I’m mid range from you!

-Black dude Yu player from Chicago: I forgot your name sir, but I have lot of respect for you as you had for me. I think if we both played more we could had level up even more. I hope that I showed you how crazy Liz can be! I love your roll/C mix ups with you. Can’t react to them! I’m interest in UFGT and it would be to personally play you for hours!

-DC: Thanks for sitting next to me and Dawn and NOT money matching me! You won’t run away next time.

-Eshi: I didn’t know you and me were the only Liz players! I didn’t know who you were until I saw the archives. I saw your match and got sad. You have a different style from me and it was nice to see how you approach your opponent. It would have been fun to play the mirror match with you. Although we both know how dumb it can be! Hope we can learn more from sharing Liz approaches in the future!

-Drunk dude saying he would fuck Jam so hard while watching her butt on the gallery screen: Dude, you were so awesome. God exists for getting you drunk and brag for half an hour how you like Jam!

-LKG: You were great on getting maximum damage punishes and I underestimated you on tournament match on that last match final round. I fucked up for not reading my book for defense. Nice match!

-Guardian? ( Shadow Labrys player? on pool 8): Sorry for beating you and denying your unblockable setup! No free shit for you! Nice match!

-Sketch: Nice Souji tactics on our match! Once I saw you were only hovering in the air to get a free entry I decided to just air grab you glitch 7 times! Lot of Liz players are free to that cause they don’t protect the skies!

-LS: Clearly you knew every pattern well. Match was just a block fest for 20 seconds and getting a counter hit when looking for an open spot. I need more Mitsuru experience, especially smart men like you! Mitsu needs some of her frame advantage reduced and little less damage on some stuff in my opinion, but I’ll try to not make any crying on that next time we play! You are still a smart player, don’t take me wrong!

Shoutouts for everyone that I don’t remember on room 1733. Everyone that saw how I glitched the game several times in a row and just for being nice to me in general. Hope to make it for the next big event although it could be hard since it’s a little bit expensive to travel from Puerto Rico.

For netplay you can find me on psn: Xcrosss

You can find me on 360 with same gametag but I don’t have the game or converter yet. I don’t even have gold LOL.

Thanks for all of you who were delighted to see the BEST Liz in action!!

Until then!

Shoutouts to all you guys in the Persona Casuals room

-ZomB You're still trash kid, never use the "ER"

-Miller ONE AND DONE NIGGA

-Jackie Chandler You're so scummy I love it

-LKG MABYE ONE DAY I WILL GRACE YOU WITH MY PRESENCE

-Ama Waifus4Laifu

-GreatReptar Drinking/JoJos/Ahegao buddies

-AXIS Fuck you Axis

-ChosenNinja That Rushhour commentary

-ShinSyn DAT ROOM DOE

-DJ Houshen THAT XFACTOR DOE

-Jyosua Drunk randomouts are the best

-Everyone in the anime room You're all bad influences.

Shoutouts to all the black people biting my fucking hair style fuck you

Good shit to everyone at final round. Wish I could of got some casuals in with you guys but I had to play kof most of the weekend. Big s/o to Miller and milin for repping yosuke. We need to make top three at the next tourney! And good shit to Romey losing to me in the first match of our pool and running it all the way back to top 16. Good shit!

Finally at home after getting sick on monday and deciding to stay few more days on US to rest. Time to shoutouts:

Shoutouts to the Chicago crew for being really cool people, ShinSyn with all dat knowledge and truth to talk (also, thanks for the talk on Saturday during the BB tournament), ChosenNinja with that fucking godlike Yukiko (and being as cool IRL as you are on the internet) and nobodyexe for winning matches on stream using the horsehead.

Shoutouts to Miller for letting us be on your room and for the Yosuke match-up knowledge.

Shoutouts to Inso for being a traveling partner, I hope you enjoyed the event and noticed how different is a american major to a brazilian major. Also, congrats on dat second place on MB.

Shoutouts to Setsuna for his waifu love and for being a chill guy, I died laughing when I saw the pin you had with a image of your waifu holding a stick with your face on it.

Shoutouts to ZomB for being godlike and for being eternal 7th place on P4U.

Shoutouts to LKG for being a really chill and good guy overall, and sorry for that IK, I can't control the urge to try them =P

Shoutouts to Reptar for running the BB tournament and ggs for our match on the tournament, and I also don't know how I managed to sleep there LOL

Shoutouts to Jyosua for coming from the West coast and running the stream and the tournament for both BB and GG, good shit man. Too bad we couldn't play more though.

Shoutouts to Spirit Juice and DWB, I couldn't talk to you guys much but it was nice seeing you both again.

Shoutouts to Amadeous for dat real waifu love, how many men do you know that would say "idc man, I just know that I love her" after you say to him that his waifu is a bitch that sleep with other men?

Shoutouts to Milln for being a really cool and chill guy and for the Suguri X matches, this game is fun as hell.

Shoutouts to Romney for the Chaos Code matches and for not glittering anyone this time.

Shoutouts to Eshi, ggs on the BB tournament (that astral though, AAAAAHHHHH).

Shoutouts to LK for winning BB, P4U and MB, good shit man.

Shoutouts to Psykotik for the VF matches, those were only a few matches but it was really nice to play against your Aoi.

Shoutouts to Ludwig Van for cosplaying as your waifu.

Shoutouts to DC for being a victim of the game of death.

Shoutouts to Xcrosss for having a godlike Liz, I really liked the way you play her, thanks for the match-up experience.

Shoutouts to Shinobi for running the MB tournament.

Shoutouts to Larry and all the FR staff for making an awesome event, good luck with TFC guys!