Kurushii

[P4A/P4AU] PSN Match Finder/GG Thread

I now feel motivated to learn my favorite character in persona

I will happily answer any Yukari questions you might have!

I'd say Yukari. Her projectiles can be used to hit zoners from afar faster. That's helpful.

Actually I would say it's Margaret. Try to zone against her as Yukari (or any zoner for that matter). It's crazy.

Anyways GGs to Radoric. That match up feels downright impossible at times but I suppose some of that could be my fault. Bad habits and all. Either way I think Margaret is a lot better than people give her credit for (j.C the god).

I might do a thorough write up on the match up sometime soon.

I would definitely say Margaret is the anti-zoner. Three full screen tools (sweep, spear, Panta Rhei), Persona rekkas to keep advancing her pressure, and pretty much immunity to Persona break. She's one character you definitely can't zone out.

Actually I would say it's Margaret. Try to zone against her as Yukari (or any zoner for that matter). It's crazy.

Can't argue with that one. The spear that beats out all projectiles.

I would definitely say Margaret is the anti-zoner. Three full screen tools (sweep, spear, Panta Rhei), Persona rekkas to keep advancing her pressure, and pretty much immunity to Persona break. She's one character you definitely can't zone out.

Oh yeah I forgot about her lol. I'll work on both of them.

More GGs, targeting, Kanji abuse, and all of the above to:

• DivineShadow777

The grab is the mindgame, enough said. I always react though, and it was usually incorrect.

Normal GGs to:

ProfessorLayton

• Honestly, did not expect Adachi, but who I was expecting isn't important.
  • No major screwups from me, I think...

Hikaru-Pinku

• I have played some few Yukaris, that I never really learned how to fight her...
  • Close space...got it.

IDNindakitchen

• DO NOT challenge Magarula in ANY way, noted. Tech forward?
  • 2.6k of CH j.A;  My buttons...
  • We're 3-3 somehow; we finsh this next time. (Me and my Yukari sets.)

Radoric

• Well, that could have been worse, not great, but not an abomination, I think...

xXKibaSanXx

• Thought I was getting Ken, got Marie. Go figure.

Notes

You can D Megidola Kanji's grab (D version This'll hurt!) right? Or am I nuts?

I saw Ardha eat all of Yukari's DP with that command grab.

Personally, I think IB Magarula makes the mixup harder for Yukari, harder to see how they're blocking

(at least on my TV, which is old)

All versions gain projectile invuln on the same frame; length varies.

After Aigis fires first missile, she isn't invul right? Do I Smash then?

You can D Megidola Kanji's grab (D version This'll hurt!) right? Or am I nuts?

Yes but it's hard, umpractical and gives a fatal counter for Kanji

Don't.

After Aigis fires first missile, she isn't invul right? Do I Smash then?

EX has atleast 100f of invul, check frame data or lab it with different versions 

Anyways GGs to Radoric. That match up feels downright impossible at times but I suppose some of that could be my fault. Bad habits and all. Either way I think Margaret is a lot better than people give her credit for (j.C the god).

I might do a thorough write up on the match up sometime soon.

After playing you and Execution Queen so much I think I know a good deal about the matchup. I'll just leave the short version here for now.

Margaret vs Mitsuru is either 50/50 or slightly in Margaret's favor IMO.

Is there a recent tier list for this game? I haven't seen one in a while. I think people were going off of LK's for a while. 

He won't listen to you. I keep telling him, Margaret bodies most of the persona cast. Even LK said it man. She is ridiculous strong and has retarded good neutral buttons. Her 2A goes a 3rd of the screen gods sake

He won't listen to you. I keep telling him, Margaret bodies most of the persona cast. Even LK said it man. She is ridiculous strong and has retarded good neutral buttons. Her 2A goes a 3rd of the screen gods sake

Syklone pleeeease.

When did he say this? Also, Margaret loses to like all the other top tiers that aren't Minazuki.

The only MUs I can see Marg having a tough time with are Yosuke, Aigis, and maybe Teddie.

Everything else seems more or less even or advantage

I don't play her, and I only know from watching and my little knowledge of her, so maybe I'm wrong

Syklone pleeeease.

When did he say this? Also, Margaret loses to like all the other top tiers that aren't Minazuki.

Could you elaborate on why? I don't see how she has a disadvtantage to chars like Narukami when on paper her neutral can just keep him out of range while not allowing him to use his air fireball to get in.

I should not have to explain why she loses to Yosuke because that should be pretty obvious. Flying around, safe pressure if he chooses to get out, mixups she can't DP, his DP being jesus in the corner, overall exploiting her defensive weakness. Etc.

Aigis completely shuts down Margaret's air game because 2B is Jesus good, Aigis 5D makes throwing spears risky which means two of her best tools are at risk to use. Now of course, Margaret can get away from orgia dash ins thanks to slide but like everyone, you have to deal with her "guess right or take 3.5k" mixup. Furthermore, Margaret's DP is really bad and if you guess wrong, you lose the game to the mortar loop. Even doing skill hold and failing will result in 3.5k. EX Panta Rhei is pretty much all you have.

As for Yu, Margaret has a very hard time dealing with Yu's offense like most of the cast. While she wins in neutral due to nullifying his fireballs, it's not hard for him to get in with Swift Strike C and even air Lion's if you dare. Like Yosuke, Yu has incredibly safe pressure if he chooses to use those tools making getting away nearly impossible. 5B and 2B are fantastic mashable buttons to get out of Margaret's pressure when she has Yu cornered. So while she wins in neutral, she doesn't do so well on defense or offense. 

Teddie is by far the worst. Since her anti air is not head invincible, she can't really challenge Teddie's jump ins. So basically, Margaret's already poor defense gets even worse against Teddie. In the corner, it becomes a nightmare. Teddie's grab mixup is more powerful against Margaret than any other character since DP is literally not a defensive option because Teddie will throw tech by default. As a result of him getting better throw game, his throw bait game gets even better. Get throw baited/fuzzy OS baited by Teddie's j.5C? Enjoy that 5k damage you're about to take. Neutral is even since items really can mess with Margaret's persona tech. Sometimes it's in Teddie's favor because of the items that literally do not allow you to play the game for a moment. Red Rocket, Bike, Army Toy, Barrel, Buckets, Lightning Drum, Alarm Clock being serious nuisances. Now our positives? Throwing Divine Vacuum C on reaction when Teddie pulls out an item is nice, we still do stupid damage, he can't really DP out full screen stuff because he will get fatal countered, and we are still doing damage. Also, damage. xD

Let's discuss the Naoto matchup again radori, for the 5 billionth time *smug face*

Let's discuss the Naoto matchup again radori, for the 5 billionth time *smug face*

EX Gun super can go to hell. 

Yay, more friendly reminders that I should just stop having fun, and start tier whoring and counterpicking because netplay is srsbizness.

Srsly tho, I need to stop being lazy and learn Marge.

Yay, more friendly reminders that I should just stop having fun, and start tier whoring and counterpicking because netplay is srsbizness.

Nah learn Kanji. He's the top tier with no bad match-ups. Nah do it seriously. I'm serious. I'm lonely. I think me and ToastBillClinton are the only kanji's here. Listen,buddy, friend... don't learn kanji. Why do I play kanji. How much is margret again?

Nah learn Kanji. He's the top tier with no bad match-ups. Nah do it seriously. I'm serious. I'm lonely. I think me and ToastBillClinton are the only kanji's here. Listen,buddy, friend... don't learn kanji. Why do I play kanji. How much is margret again?

I main him, but am w.coast U.S.  Usually try for 2 bars & up, but sometimes try 1 or even 0. 

Hope to get in some games this weekend.  People in this topic can feel free to invite me to a player room.  Or I can invite you.  Or I'll just see people in Junes.

I noticed a few people in Iwatodia last weekend.  Seems similar to Junes, only no one hardly goes there.  Maybe I should go there & see if people show up too.

No! Not you too! You actually played a respectable character that is very scarce!

Time for me to drop Marie for Margaret