Kurushii

[P4A/P4AU] PSN Match Finder/GG Thread

I'm actually pretty sure it has something to do slowing down after X matches played. Mine stopped going up so fast at ~730, while people with much lower winrates than myself told me they began slowing in the 600's. Evidently you made it to 770 before slowing.

There's quite a few people clustered around 770 though.  If it was matches played some of the guys with super high winrates would have PSRs in the thousands but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Wait, I have a question. Sho is some anti-Margaret tool?

No, I just lame it out with Minazuki's full screen options since they beat hers(j.2D the god) usually and his...easiness? I don't know, I just prefer to always have options fighting Margaret as she always has options. Haven't played many good Margarets though, Minazuki still tore them to shreds(my knowledge of Minazuki is literally just playing against him, fyi).

GGs HUNTING-B3AR!

Also to note,

nothing againest adachi, but I believe his dp needs a serious re-adjustment. The thing looks like it should be high blockable. However it's not XD. always totally gets me when I fight an adachi. Keep forgetting it's high then low. :P

nothing againest adachi, but I believe his dp needs a serious re-adjustment. The thing looks like it should be high blockable. However it's not XD. always totally gets me when I fight an adachi. Keep forgetting it's high then low. :P

THIS! That is annoying lol

0 bars=/=lag

I have had 0 bars of connection with many people and only had lag with 20% of them.

Btw, Kanji is really annoying when he starts to spam his DP (most of Kanji players).

Also, how can I get my color changed? I have green and have beaten people with yellow, orange and red colors but my color does not change.

0 bars=/=lag

I have had 0 bars of connection with many people and only had lag with 20% of them.

Btw, Kanji is really annoying when he starts to spam his DP (most of Kanji players).

Also, how can I get my color changed? I have green and have beaten people with yellow, orange and red colors but my color does not change.

Color doesn't really mean much...it's just a dumb way saying "hey I beat x number of peeps and now I'm pretty with my yellow, orange, red..."

However to change color u just to fight people of the equivlant color. So if ur green fight green, yellow, orange, reds. However if ur the ranking enthusiast then just fight the said above. It will eventually change. Just don't fight blues, light blues, dark greens. They won't change ur current color.

Keep forgetting it's high then low. :P

if u block the high and they don't have meter u can always just dp it

0 bars=/=lag

0 can also mean like not read yet or can't tell

also gg's to everyone so far yada yada balh balh lolz

Bars are, to my knowledge, not a measure of lag. Instead, they're more a measure of the ping, and thus the frame delay -- the fewer bars, the more delay, and the harder it is to react.

At least, that's my understanding. If anyone else knows more than me or can correct me, I'd be interested to hear it.

Yeah, that's his thing. He forces you to walk back instead of crouch when you want to bait DP, and then he throws the kick in for good measure.

Not like he doesn't pay for it, since his gives up 10% blue health (950 points) instead of the regular 5%.

Bars are, to my knowledge, not a measure of lag. Instead, they're more a measure of the ping, and thus the frame delay -- the fewer bars, the more delay, and the harder it is to react.

At least, that's my understanding. If anyone else knows more than me or can correct me, I'd be interested to hear it.

They should just allow you to see ping readings in milliseconds and be done with it.

... Like that'll ever happen in any console game...

This might explain why AoA seems so hard to block all of a sudden when I play people with a low number of bars.

Lag and bad ping usually go together, but I can definitely see this being the real explanation.  I had worse lag with a certain 1-bar than I've had with some of the 0 bars I've dared to play.

Pretty sure this is the common definition of lag.  Things like choppiness or general slowdown are just a symptom of bad lag.

Sorry for the lag BloodOathWolf, my family started to download stuff and watching videos with their cellphones when I was playing online. I am pretty sure that they caused the lag lol.

Still GG´s.

Pretty sure this is the common definition of lag.  Things like choppiness or general slowdown are just a symptom of bad lag.

I'm not sure this is completely correct, if I understand you correctly. Things like choppiness, slowdown, and frame delay can all commonly be referred to as "lag," but delay usually specifically means frame delay and not choppiness or slowdown. This relates to the amount of time between when you hit a button and when the output is registered on the screen.

So, if there's a lot of frame delay, there can be a visible amount of time between hitting a button and then seeing something happen on screen -- which I take it can happen without choppiness or slowdown. That is, you can have plenty of frame delay and still have the game running at a smooth 60 fps. This may affect a player's ability to hit combos and to block appropriately (especially the latter), and can change pretty drastically what tactics work and what tactics don't, even though the game is running smoothly. One clear tactic that gets better in bad frame delay is abusing slow overheads -- AoAs are the common example of this in P4U.

That's what I was trying to refer to by saying that bars measure delay. The lower the bars, the more the delay. I was trying to differentiate it from choppiness and slowdown, which I referred to as "lag," because low bars are not necessarily an estimate of how much choppiness or slowdown there will be, but are a better estimate of how well you'll be able to do things like, say, block your opponent's AoA attacks.

Just trying to clear up what I was originally trying to say, since I think I may have been a bit unclear.

Sorry for the lag BloodOathWolf, my family started to download stuff and watching videos with their cellphones when I was playing online. I am pretty sure that they caused the lag lol.

Still GG´s.

Haha! Dood don't even apologize :P. When we first fought I was like "yay! Lag free!" Then the second match was like "oh dear god....O_O." Gotta let the fam use the netz ;D

GGs man!

GGs to everyone I fought.  Especially to the stream room full of red cards, Grant, and Syklone.

Good games buddy. I HAD to use Aigis. Naoto vs Minazuki is just too retarded.

I'm not sure this is completely correct, if I understand you correctly. Things like choppiness, slowdown, and frame delay can all commonly be referred to as "lag," but delay usually specifically means frame delay and not choppiness or slowdown. This relates to the amount of time between when you hit a button and when the output is registered on the screen.

So, if there's a lot of frame delay, there can be a visible amount of time between hitting a button and then seeing something happen on screen -- which I take it can happen without choppiness or slowdown. That is, you can have plenty of frame delay and still have the game running at a smooth 60 fps. This may affect a player's ability to hit combos and to block appropriately (especially the latter), and can change pretty drastically what tactics work and what tactics don't, even though the game is running smoothly. One clear tactic that gets better in bad frame delay is abusing slow overheads -- AoAs are the common example of this in P4U.

That's what I was trying to refer to by saying that bars measure delay. The lower the bars, the more the delay. I was trying to differentiate it from choppiness and slowdown, which I referred to as "lag," because low bars are not necessarily an estimate of how much choppiness or slowdown there will be, but are a better estimate of how well you'll be able to do things like, say, block your opponent's AoA attacks.

Just trying to clear up what I was originally trying to say, since I think I may have been a bit unclear.

No, I know what you're trying to say, and I'm saying that most people do in fact define delay as lag.  If there's choppiness etc. on top of said delay, then it's even worse lag, but a perfectly smooth game with a full second of delay is generally what people would in fact call laggy.

Also, I've been wondering, but does anyone have a IRC channel or Skype group or anything along those lines for people to actively meet up, discuss the game, and find matches?  I know there are a few Persona-related IRC channels but they're pretty dead.  Anyone wanna start a new one?  #p4au on Rizon or something?

GGs to pootan0612(Elizabeth), p4auplayer(Mitsuru), OverlordofChaos2(Marie) and a Kanji player I forgot.

I quit this game...