Kurushii

[P4A/P4AU] PSN Match Finder/GG Thread

GG´s to BloodOathWolf!!! Dude, your neutral game is really good. I will have to steal some of your tech :D

And sorry there dude, I had to prepare dinner, so I could not play more :c

I've had a lot of good games with a number of people here, like Loryuo and others...but I have to make some things clear.

First, I absolutely despise netplay and the habits it gives many players and generally the mentality of a number of netplayers. While I do believe that some "good games" are legit, we should be realistic in that it's clear many "good games" posts are just to keep the peace and try to find something nice to say, even though deep down we are thinking "what a scrubby netplay masher".

I have absolutely no problem with people learning the game and am helpful to anyone with the mentality of wanting to get better, but there are a number of players that are clearly only interested in stealing matches they don't deserve, throwing netplay tactics left and right and this is what makes me generally want to "one and done" someone (whether I win or not). I just can't tolerate it.

Sometimes though, it isn't really the player but rather just the netplay situations that ends up frustrating me and wanting me to leave. Loryuo, yes it happened about a week ago...I left but it wasn't because you were abusing netplay or anything, but I'll have to explain. Throughout the match, you were going for a number of airthrows, which I teched the majority of them. In that match, I was thinking "alright here comes the airthrow" because I was in that situation again, I hit the tech, NO TECH comes out and I get airthrown. That was the end of it for me. When I know something is coming and even bait someone to do it and then get hit by it anyways, particularly due to netplay, it just becomes unbearable for me...And I'll add, when you dash at me with the 5A, don't think that I'm getting caught off guard by it...I'm actually waiting for it the entire time so I can fatal you with my 5B but sometimes I get hit ANYWAY because it comes out late. In any case our matches are pretty good regardless.

All Out Attacks are particularly very annoying for me. I see some players strictly use them when they need to make a comeback, usually tossing out like 3-4 in a round. I WILL NOT PLAY YOU IF YOU DO THIS, it's clear what you're trying to do, whether you hit me with them or I block them all.

GGs to Loryuo today, radiojet and KarzeonFortune a few days back...who else, there's many. Chemical-Free had a nice Adachi. There was a Yosuke with very good movement, RoyalRecon6 or something...I respect his play. Also Psyken who apparently just recently got the game, ggs to him, still has a very good Mitsuru from the old days.

GGs to Grover, best player I've ever played...makes the Yu/Slab matchup seem impossibel for Slab if Yu gets to start his pressure. He didn't respond to me though about what I should be doing to reliably escape 5A,2A,5A strings that lead into itself. Can't dp, guard cancel, super, jump, throw or poke with my shabrys normals.

BGs to PowerOfJustice, this guy is as netplay as you can get. Starts the round with an AoA. Does about 10 AoAs in the first match, a number of mashed dps and supers and rolls right into your character when you're doing nothing, generally rolling multiple times in a row.

GG´s to BloodOathWolf!!! Dude, your neutral game is really good. I will have to steal some of your tech :D

And sorry there dude, I had to prepare dinner, so I could not play more :c

Haha! Thanks man!! GGs to you as well! Mirrirs are super tough for me! I cried when u didn't come back ;_____; lol!

Alrighty PSN! GGs to the rest I fought!

Let's get some straight tho random peeps! Don't 1 and done if you lose. It's like a crazy pet peeve of mine. Fight a dood, have a great match, expect more.....then they disappear...... BloodOath SMASH! I'll find you 1 and dones...I'll find you!!! O_O hehe! Jk!.....or am I!?

Also who the hell is a Dood named teddieuser? I had a fun time fighting the dood but he was unbelievably cocky....and when I did beat him he just disappeared :(

Also fought a ton of mitsurus today really helped with match up exp!

Also who the hell is a Dood named teddieuser? I had a fun time fighting the dood but he was unbelievably cocky....and when I did beat him he just disappeared :(

I played one match with him and I won and he left...this was a few days ago. That's fine, there's many reasons for it but I ran into him again today and he was talking some crap...didn't feel like going through it so I just didn't bother fighting him.

I have to agree with Rubedo777 in some things like the AoA spam some people do and the people who roll a lot. When I fight someone who does this I know that I am not playing with someone serious. I laugh when I imagine them saying they know how to use a character when the only combo they know is AoA>stuff. This did not happen in P4Arena, all this started with Ultimax.

I have to agree with Rubedo777 in some things like the AoA spam some people do and the people who roll a lot. When I fight someone who does this I know that I am not playing with someone serious. I laugh when I imagine them saying they know how to use a character when the only combo they know is AoA>stuff. This did not happen in P4Arena, all this started with Ultimax.

It happened in Arena; it got worse in Ultimax because the C ender always Fatals, so some people (particularly newer ones who don't understand stagger pressure) are more inclined to toss out AoA, not understanding that it works once at most and the damage is shit if you don't mash more than two hits (yes, I've seen a four-hit AoA) and drop the rest of the combo.

It is what it is. I don't think turning this topic into a "Things and Players I Hate" or "Let Me Justify That Decision" thread is going to do anything but get the thread closed. Seriously, let's get back on track before the mods get annoyed.

You're lacking a bit of context there.

I played one match with him and I won and he left...this was a few days ago. That's fine, there's many reasons for it but I ran into him again today and he was talking some crap...didn't feel like going through it so I just didn't bother fighting him.

You're making things up. You didn't win. It was the third round and I left (I didn't even do anything during the round either).

At any rate, GGs to everyone I played tonight. I had a fun set with Loryuo and a few others.

The AoA spam and mashing is goddamn ridiculous in this game. I'm dropping it for a while because its extremely annoying, especially when you don't react on time.

GGs to the legitimate few I did fight. GGs rubedo...I was just as frustrated as you were in that post.

This game is overflowing with bad players, why are you guys harping about AOAs of all things.  I ran into some guy in lobbies who blocked my 2A and I was so surprised I dropped the blockstring entirely, that's how bad the average player level is.  I wish I was joking but I'm not, I had a new Ken pressure route I wanted to workshop and it took me two days of netplaying to find someone who would actually block long enough for me to try it.

This game is overflowing with bad players, why are you guys harping about AOAs of all things.  I ran into some guy in lobbies who blocked my 2A and I was so surprised I dropped the blockstring entirely, that's how bad the average player level is.  I wish I was joking but I'm not, I had a new Ken pressure route I wanted to workshop and it took me two days of netplaying to find someone who would actually block long enough for me to try it.

Because they have armor. That's my sole complaint about them. I'm pretty indifferent to them though, I don't use them.

Come on guys lets not make this a complain about mechanics thread....sure people mash auto combos, sure people all out attack like crazy...it's Persona 4 in a fighting game. Lol. They have to try to implement things that are reminiscent of the actual game.

Anyways, don't even worry about those things...they are just there for mechanics sake.

The problem is that they hinder the game. No random wants to go beyond scrub level it seems.

Unlike bb which is a decent deal more relentless when it comes to inputs and pressure. The average strength of a netplayer is decently higher in bb than here. Here you can't really have fun whether you play against top tier, as bottom tier, and any random on netplay. The mechanics and strength fluctuates heavily and the stupidest things are rewarded/condoned.

This game is a piece of shit. facts

Not here to complain cause I haven't played in such a while for the same reason, why work so damn hard when many feel no need to try. This game could seriously use a difficulty increase especially for the top tiers and then the system.

GGs to everyone I played on a Lobby, most to Lieutenant-san.

EDIT: kupo_asami, why didn't you play me? : (

Sorry, didnt know you wanted to play... just send me a msg if you wanted to.

The problem is that they hinder the game. No random wants to go beyond scrub level it seems.

Unlike bb which is a decent deal more relentless when it comes to inputs and pressure. The average strength of a netplayer is decently higher in bb than here. Here you can't really have fun whether you play against top tier, as bottom tier, and any random on netplay. The mechanics and strength fluctuates heavily and the stupidest things are rewarded/condoned.

This game is a piece of shit. facts

Not here to complain cause I haven't played in such a while for the same reason, why work so damn hard when many feel no need to try. This game could seriously use a difficulty increase especially for the top tiers and then the system.

Too many generalizations, imo.  I want to go above scrub level & would be considered a random person by most.  I've had fun against random people on netplay.

The game is not a piece of **** to me, but a very entertaining game due to its gameplay, art, music & story.  I sympathize with the negative aspects of fighters one must face, though, especially online.

GGs to the random people who joined in the Beginner player room I hosted (if anyone's on here).  Even those that seemed a bit above beginner. 0.0

^

You're one of the few I do respect if you want to go beyond that level. Everyone else in this game either mash, throw random crap out or use AoA as the god given tool to get a combo.

It's only so much I can take before I say 'enough' and move on to other games.

Going to open a small lobby(like 5 people) for a good while. Trying to practice up for a local event, anyone is welcome. Lobby name is Tina Marie.

Edit : ggs to everyone I fought, learned alot of things about characters I rarely get to fight.

If you need someone that blocks, I'm your man.

I'm also up for the Ken vs. Shabrys rechallenge, since I've come up with new tech since last time.

GGs to Ronald-kun, good Junpei.

If you need someone that blocks, I'm your man.

I'm also up for the Ken vs. Shabrys rechallenge, since I've come up with new tech since last time.

GGs to Ronald-kun, good Junpei.

Sounds good.  I'll show you that new pressure route of mine lol.