Kurushii

[P4A/P4AU] PSN Match Finder/GG Thread

I kind of wish player matches didn't track %. I can rack up wins with one character, but I'm the sort of scrub who takes 100 losses with every character before getting good. Win % is not an indicator of skill so much as circumstance, but a low % hurts my netplay ego :/ Anyway more lolzy games to ranked. Thinking I should just do rooms and hope to run into more legit playing.

Most things are bad indications of skill.

Some guy might have 100 matches played with 100 wins and that doesn't mean crap if he was in a room beating up someone that has no idea how to play the game for hours.

I suggest you not sweat the details and just play. Then, you'll see your performance will speak for itself.

Anybody trying to get some games in later today? I'm on the east coast if that's relevant.

I'm gonna be playing later tonight if you want to add me.

I'll play anyone with a good connection with me that's not a total asshole =D.

Ughhhh, why am I getting blown on Ranked. 8 matches and I haven't won a single one.

I can't even beat DP-mashing autocombo-abusing Yus for fuck's sake. I'm like the worst FG player EVER.

I like how Toan is probably the only person so far that was ok with fighting Mitsuru. Either he is crazy, or is winning all his matches.

Might be getting this game tomorrow, but not completely sure.

Ughhhh, why am I getting blown on Ranked. 8 matches and I haven't won a single one.

I can't even beat DP-mashing autocombo-abusing Yus for fuck's sake. I'm like the worst FG player EVER.

If you're aware of it, then you can beat it. Most of these netplay tactics follow some sort of pattern, no matter who the player is.

Also, real talk, I have yet to hit an SMP combo mid-match during my netplay runs. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. :/

I'm gonna be playing later tonight if you want to add me.

I'll play anyone with a good connection with me that's not a total asshole =D.

Well, I'm no asshole. I'll send you a friend request when I get on.

Yeah, I can download pretty easily, but that doesn't stop me from getting hit by wakeup DPs...or autcombos...or random midscreen Zio's that I see coming a mile away...or anything, really.

I like how Toan is probably the only person so far that was ok with fighting Mitsuru. Either he is crazy, or is winning all his matches.

Might be getting this game tomorrow, but not completely sure.

I lost 16-27 in that set against the Mitsuru and my wins were mostly luck.

I lost 16-27 in that set against the Mitsuru and my wins were mostly luck.

So I guess you just enjoy fighting tougher/harder to beat characters.

It's more that there are five billion Titsurus.

Everyone wants a piece of that top-tier action. I've only fought two, one was really good, the other was an autocombo-mashing scrub and I still lost to them.

Most things are bad indications of skill.

Some guy might have 100 matches played with 100 wins and that doesn't mean crap if he was in a room beating up someone that has no idea how to play the game for hours.

I suggest you not sweat the details and just play. Then, you'll see your performance will speak for itself.

My sense of humor is a bit dry. Although I really do hate stay tracking. Let's play next month. We still haven't had 'real' matches and based on the other fgs I've learned, I should be decent sometime next month.

I just checked my rankings. I'm second from the bottom.

I might as well give up this game as I did BB at this point.

It's more that there are five billion Titsurus.

Everyone wants a piece of that top-tier action. I've only fought two, one was really good, the other was an autocombo-mashing scrub and I still lost to them.

Don't fret. I'm going through the same crap as well.

Yeah, but it's different when it happens to you or anyone else, because you guys are...like actually good at the game.

Yeah, but it's different when it happens to you or anyone else, because you guys are...like actually good at the game.

...Dude, I suck really hard at this game, lol. I still have things to learn and I'm still facing an identity crisis with characters. Despite the characters I have here.

I just checked my rankings. I'm second from the bottom.

I might as well give up this game as I did BB at this point.

that was me at the beginning of ct. then i went on to become the best ct jin of netplay! :O

@Agni: If you're not having fun, you should just quit. If you want to get better, you have to accept those losses and try to learn from them. If you're losing to auto-combo mashers, it signifies to me that:

-Your (or your opponent's) connection is really bad. Stop netplaying, play offline.

-You don't understand your character's tools, leading to poor or random decisions at neutral, which puts you on the defensive and increases the odds of being rolled by the majority of the cast.

-You're having trouble confirming off of your punishes or random hits.

-You don't understand your options on defense/offense and how to deal with certain scenarios yet.

-A combination of some or all of the above.

I would take some time off of netplay, go into training mode, and really explore your character at a basic level. Look at some hitboxes, look up some properties of the move (can this be jump-canceled? What can I chain into from this? Is it airtight? etc.), and try to get an idea of when you would want to use what. After this, you can work some basic combos and/or setups (depending on your character) into your game (it's really important to know at least a basic punish combo...) and then take it back online. Save the matches that you lost and review what exactly led to your loss. Stop shifting responsibility off of yourself (Mitsuru, DPs, etc.) and critically analyze what exactly is going on. Do you need to work on your defense? Your decisions at certain ranges? Your offense? All of these? Break it down and then begin coming up with solutions...or in the worst case, avoid situations that would put you into those bad spots to begin with.

If you do this enough times, you'll get to at the very worst, an average level of play.

@Agni: If you're not having fun, you should just quit. If you want to get better, you have to accept those losses and try to learn from them. If you're losing to auto-combo mashers, it signifies to me that:

-Your (or your opponent's) connection is really bad. Stop netplaying, play offline.

-You don't understand your character's tools, leading to poor or random decisions at neutral, which puts you on the defensive and increases the odds of being rolled by the majority of the cast.

-You're having trouble confirming off of your punishes or random hits.

-You don't understand your options on defense/offense and how to deal with certain scenarios yet.

-A combination of some or all of the above.

I would take some time off of netplay, go into training mode, and really explore your character at a basic level. Look at some hitboxes, look up some properties of the move (can this be jump-canceled? What can I chain into from this? Is it airtight? etc.), and try to get an idea of when you would want to use what. After this, you can work some basic combos and/or setups (depending on your character) into your game (it's really important to know at least a basic punish combo...) and then take it back online. Save the matches that you lost and review what exactly led to your loss. Stop shifting responsibility off of yourself (Mitsuru, DPs, etc.) and critically analyze what exactly is going on. Do you need to work on your defense? Your decisions at certain ranges? Your offense? All of these? Break it down and then begin coming up with solutions...or in the worst case, avoid situations that would put you into those bad spots to begin with.

If you do this enough times, you'll get to at the very worst, an average level of play.

This motivated me as well. Thanks.

GG to all the 600 and above psr players who seem to join every lobby I'm in and body my 22 psr yu. The only things that are keeping my sodium levels in check are my first fightstick which i just got for my birthday and the epicness of seeing big names on this forum body me with fancy combos.

Just dropped some money to be at SJ, who's gonna be there? Would love to meet anyone I've played on PSN over all these years

Ugh, will someone let me win just once...

Come on...I mean, battling's kinda fun, I guess, but getting fucking bodied over and over and over and over and over and over AND FUCKING OVER....

Ugh, I'm salty as fuck right now, I'm not gonna deny it. My sodium levels are through the roof. I could only get through two matches before I just rage-quitted PSN.

My win ratio is goddamn awful. It's something like 25%

Once I actually get good at the game, I'm gonna make an alt with a TRUE CHIE PLAYER NAME, like "Insertion."

I like how Toan is probably the only person so far that was ok with fighting Mitsuru.

I actually don't mind Mitsuru either. It's mostly Teddie and Yosuke (Arakune and Tao) who give me the most problems at the moment. Mitsuru is extremely straight-forward as fuck, you probably know what she's gonna do next even before the player even knows.

If there's anyone I hate fighting, it's gotta be Yosuke and Yukiko. Yggjrasil was right, Titsuru is mainly straightfoward and it's kinda easy to tell what she's gonna do, but Yosuke just runs rings around me and Yukiko zones me to death. Fucking Agi.