Kurushii

[P4A/P4AU] PSN Match Finder/GG Thread

I have Margaret now. Maybe it's time.....

Oh were actually doing this?! Great I'm on it. Let's all switch to Margret. I'm ready let's go! Let's FLOOD psn with Margrets till they cry.

Oh were actually doing this?! Great I'm on it. Let's all switch to Margret. I'm ready let's go! Let's FLOOD psn with Margrets till they cry.

NO YOU ARE NOT DOING THIS!

CEASE THIS NONSENSE!

I wholeheartedly agree with this

Nah learn Kanji. He's the top tier with no bad match-ups. Nah do it seriously. I'm serious. I'm lonely. I think me and ToastBillClinton are the only kanji's here. Listen,buddy, friend... don't learn kanji. Why do I play kanji. How much is margret again?

ShadyFreelicious -smirks- still plays Kanji and a pretty damn good one. 

I wholeheartedly agree with this

Absolutely not! I have yet to see a red square Marie player. Keep going with her! I kinda wanna learn her to be honest.

Absolutely not! I have yet to see a red square Marie player. Keep going with her! I kinda wanna learn her to be honest.

Forgot the guys name but there is one red square Marie player. I think Masao is one as well. Also my success with Marie as of late has been terrible. Pretty sure it's time for me to change characters lol

ShadyFreelicious -smirks- still plays Kanji and a pretty damn good one. 

Yeah but the vox populi is that I will never be good as a kanji player. So it's time for me to jump up a tier of four I guess if I want the git good like everyone tells me too.

Yeah but the vox populi is that I will never be good as a kanji player. So it's time for me to jump up a tier of four I guess if I want the git good like everyone tells me too.

There are more bad players who play top tier characters (the majority of Minazuki players) than there are bad player who play low tier characters. There are also more bad top tier players than good low tier players. Meaning, there needs to be more low tier heroes. 

tl;dr DON'T DROP KANJI DAMN YOU!

I have yet to see a red square Marie player.

wow this is actually just a lie

wow this is actually just a lie

When we played, you were orange and my Margaret was trash. 

Everyone should just play Shadow Kanji

You sir are fantastic. I gave you a special shoutout here. 

Has anyone said that here? I would hope not. Look, Kanji is a polarising character due to the fact that lag benefits him greatly and that many people have lost matches to Kanji players who abuse that fact. He's also a grappler, and we all know how well players respond to those. And because of the absurd amount of damage his grabs deal (in a game in which everyone shits damage) and the netplay factour, there are many, many bad Kanjis, and that's not even considering the fact that most players don't have a solid grasp on the neutral game (as a concept, let alone playing it), so it's not uncommon to find Kanjis who have learned how to win ("grab people until they die, mash DP, grab again") but not play the game. There are some great Kanji players online, though -- I've fought ones who actually space lightening to hit where I will be, make hard callouts, and don't use j.214A/B as their only form of movement. It's not that playing Kanji prevents anyone from being a good player; it's that Netplay Kanji is a common encounter, just like netplay Minazuki (round start teleport, let's go!) and netplay Narukami (ZIOCAR or Raging Lion: the true 50/50).

If you want to improve, you will improve, whether you play Kanji or Margaret. It's up to you as a player. Do you want to just YOLO grab and hope it turns into a win or do you want to make Kanji an actual threat? It's not as though "I only know how to travel via Raging Lion Narukami" is somehow superior. Narukami has a better toolkit than Kanji, but if someone wants to win more than they want to learn and improve, the outcome is the same.

In any event, this thread is getting off-topic. Maybe we should redirect before a mod steps in, yeah?

Everyone should just play Shadow Kanji

Oh you're here great! Fight me now. Serious though. I've never fought you before and I don't know why.

Oh you're here great! Fight me now. Serious though. I've never fought you before and I don't know why.

I'll fight you whenever you want I love Kanji mirrors i can pick Shadow Kanji

Has anyone said that here? I would hope not. Look, Kanji is a polarising character due to the fact that lag benefits him greatly and that many people have lost matches to Kanji players who abuse that fact. He's also a grappler, and we all know how well players respond to those. And because of the absurd amount of damage his grabs deal (in a game in which everyone shits damage) and the netplay factour, there are many, many bad Kanjis, and that's not even considering the fact that most players don't have a solid grasp on the neutral game (as a concept, let alone playing it), so it's not uncommon to find Kanjis who have learned how to win ("grab people until they die, mash DP, grab again") but not play the game. There are some great Kanji players online, though -- I've fought ones who actually space lightening to hit where I will be, make hard callouts, and don't use j.214A/B as their only form of movement. It's not that playing Kanji prevents anyone from being a good player; it's that Netplay Kanji is a common encounter, just like netplay Minazuki (round start teleport, let's go!) and netplay Narukami (ZIOCAR or Raging Lion: the true 50/50).

If you want to improve, you will improve, whether you play Kanji or Margaret. It's up to you as a player. Do you want to just YOLO grab and hope it turns into a win or do you want to make Kanji an actual threat? It's not as though "I only know how to travel via Raging Lion Narukami" is somehow superior. Narukami has a better toolkit than Kanji, but if someone wants to win more than they want to learn and improve, the outcome is the same.

In any event, this thread is getting off-topic. Maybe we should redirect before a mod steps in, yeah?

Talking about the game and playing the game should be on topic. 

Would be silly for them to not see that. 

Also, thank you for your post. 

Little bit more on topic GG's Radori, and thanks for the compliment, fighting Margaret is hard

You were doing pretty well for yourself. Had some nice setups on knockdown. 

In my opinion, I think Margaret vs Kanji is the single worst matchup in the game.

GGz PSN. Was stressed after work, had some bad insomnia and got no sleep. Lets just say I went from red to yellow playing like I was drunk (thanks Dooby). Good thing I don't really care.

Shout out to another Rise player (disgaea something or other) who wasn't dooby and was quite good. Wish I was in a state to give you better matches tho. Srsly, I fell for the raw arrow rain unblockable like 10 times and couldn't block or tech.

GGs to everyone I fought. I feel more confident with my combos now.

I guess need to fix my attitude? Apparently some people dead body hit me like it's no big deal so when I do it in return I'm the a-hole?

This past week I also started two Twitter fights and got perma banned from this one guy's Twitch lobby (I guess it was around the time I beat Axis)

I'm not even this hostile I swear lmao

Apparently some people dead body hit me like it's no big deal so when I do it in return I'm the a-hole?

I didn't know this was a big deal...I do it all the time, mainly because I like completing my combos.