Kurushii

[P4A/P4AU] XBL Match Finder/GG Thread

I played Mystic illusion's Aigis a few days b4 NEC but yeah that's how it is far as netplay goes.

Aigis is a dead character on xbl

Tier list

S: Major Tourney

A: Local Tourney

B: Offline Casuals

C: Netplay... we dont matter lol

Can I be A tier? I got 3rd place at the last TSB (lol, bus fare tournament). Hopefully I get 2nd or something next Saturday. It was two months since the last one, so hopefully everyone who didn't go to NEC is rusty as fuck.

I think all the XBL Aigis players realized that doing online unblockable 2AB > [o]j.B was too cheap, and they went away to spare themselves oodles of hatemail. Just a theory.

You alot higher than me.

I couldnt even win Iora's XBL ranbat 2 months ago and i was the #1 seed lol.

Even if i did win it doesnt matter since it's netplay.

So you matter more to the community

On-topic

I think alot of them just quit probably

I wonder where you're getting this shtick about me hating Aigis. For God's sakes, I use the Aigis navigator lol. Aigis is an okay character imo, and I never found her to be as OP as everyone claimed.

My post was in jest, anyway~

I don't know, it just seems like every time her name's brought up you rip on her for being a cheap character lol

Navigators don't mean much, I mean Rise is a God awful character but people like her voice so they use her

Well, just so I don't off topic too hard (I swear, this thread is just BEGGING for off topic posts, lol) I'll just say this. I like polite characters. Aigis and Elizabeth are very formal (ie no colloquialisms) with their speech. One of Aigis' intro quotes is "Good morning!", and Liz has "Would you mind fighting me?" It gets no better than that. Netplay Aigis was only frustrating in the beginning, lol.

Gozaimasu everywhere, as far as the eye can see.

Still want my tournament runback! What the next one you going to?

Need to find one to go to :< I missed Absolute Battle because of some school stuff, but people thought I was dodging (lol).

You can, lol. I was joking. In my experience of going to tournaments and watching them (which is still a very new thing for me) a lot of people downplay netplayers as scrubs. Sure, netplay isn't as "serious" as a tournament game or whatever, but netplayers can still go pretty far. I think Kuru has been around for a while though, so he's really solid regardless.

Been playing since 07 now. I started as a Gear player. (dat Millia AV)

I think all the XBL Aigis players realized that doing online unblockable 2AB > [o]j.B was too cheap, and they went away to spare themselves oodles of hatemail. Just a theory.

2AB leaves a hole if blocked, so I don't use it unless my opponent is just straight up standing. It's not hard to get them to stand since I only like to run my high string though.

@Giovanni

One thing that's really annoying me though about southern anime is the fact that they don't even drive to some of the nearby stuff together and just stay super local. I've always had to drive a good 4+ hrs for tournaments so it's nothing new to me. I know that people play in Austin, Dallas, Houston, and some other surrounding areas, but they don't come out often. Turnout has been dwindling since UCC in September and it's kinda pissing me off. I think Hsien is the best player in Texas, but he is really NAH (even for capcom sometimes). I only remember him recently going to Texas Showdown and SF25th. He prob only goes to stuff (majors) that he thinks is worth his time.

Basically, what I'm saying is....I'll probably end up playing SF4 and Marvel again. Especially If I end up going to a tourney and P4 is dropped due to # of entrants. People have even kept playing KOF longer than P4, but I dropped that game due to not being able to learn how to play against certain characters. It basically turned into "do you know how to deal with this character?" I heard Maxx isn't running ARK anymore either. I've seen anime people show up here and there to tournaments and stuff, it just kinda sucks that it isn't consistent. I don't really hate SF, so getting back into it isn't a big deal for me. Marvel on the otherhand...been bad since Ultimate came out lol. Maybe I'll play KOF again too.

I really want to give anime a shot again though. I haven't played anime since being able to play fighting games again, it just feels so at home. Problem is people showing up :<

We can play anytime Tectal

Edited by Kurumster

Well, just so I don't off topic too hard (I swear, this thread is just BEGGING for off topic posts, lol) I'll just say this. I like polite characters. Aigis and Elizabeth are very formal (ie no colloquialisms) with their speech. One of Aigis' intro quotes is "Good morning!", and Liz has "Would you mind fighting me?" It gets no better than that. Netplay Aigis was only frustrating in the beginning, lol.

Gozaimasu everywhere, as far as the eye can see.

I do admire that as far as online battles go, Liz's (And Aigis') formalities bring a quaint and subtle kindness to an otherwise salt-tastic experience

Especially in ranked matches, those are pretty much online salt licks

@Giovanni

One thing that's really annoying me though about southern anime is the fact that they don't even drive to some of the nearby stuff together and just stay super local. I've always had to drive a good 4+ hrs for tournaments so it's nothing new to me. I know that people play in Austin, Dallas, Houston, and some other surrounding areas, but they don't come out often. Turnout has been dwindling since UCC in September and it's kinda pissing me off. I think Hsien is the best player in Texas, but he is really NAH (even for capcom sometimes). I only remember him recently going to Texas Showdown and SF25th. He prob only goes to stuff (majors) that he thinks is worth his time.

Basically, what I'm saying is....I'll probably end up playing SF4 and Marvel again. Especially If I end up going to a tourney and P4 is dropped due to # of entrants. People have even kept playing KOF longer than P4, but I dropped that game due to not being able to learn how to play against certain characters. It basically turned into "do you know how to deal with this character?" I heard Maxx isn't running ARK anymore either. I've seen anime people show up here and there to tournaments and stuff, it just kinda sucks that it isn't consistent. I don't really hate SF, so getting back into it isn't a big deal for me. Marvel on the otherhand...been bad since Ultimate came out lol. Maybe I'll play KOF again too.

I really want to give anime a shot again though. I haven't played anime since being able to play fighting games again, it just feels so at home. Problem is people showing up :<

We can play anytime Tectal

There will/should be a replacement for ARK, even if i have to fund the next major we do. Maxx isn't needed. Luckily here, we still have a consistent scene in both Persona and Guilty, but that may be due to me running free entry ranbats with prize pots covered by me.

I having a hard time going back to marvel even though i still play it, I don't enjoy it as much as I use to in comparison to the games I do. Plus Zero annoys the hell out of me.

I can try to start a southwest netplay Danisen league to try to keep the game alive in our area? Maybe offer small prizes?

Edited by GBS Giovanni

I think going out of your way to do stuff for your scene is kinda moot. People should want to play because they want to play, but that's just what I think. I say this, but I host WNF every week and don't play a single anime game the entire time. I'm stuck helping people level up in SF, Marvel, and Tekken. Thread is kinda off topic now lol. I'll be on for the next few hrs I guess if anyone wants to play.

Yeah, I'm gonna just quote myself here.

Well, just so I don't off topic too hard (I swear, this thread is just BEGGING for off topic posts, lol) I'll just say this.

Now we understand, lol.

Last thing I'm saying off topic on this but sometimes you have to "baby sit" the scene in order to make it grow. It's how we went from like 5 GG players to 16+.

Got a lobby open, should be on until 12AM EST.

GGs to NWF King and GrimBattler. BGs to Aye Yo Elo for perfecting me with Mitsuru j.B. I suppose I'm free :v: .

Edited by Elochai

GG's to everyone I played. What time are you guys usually on? I can almost never find any DL players when I jump on LIVE.

pwndmonz, tectalEASTside, EvilDante744, IIx ENIGMATIKxII, aBL4CK ST4Rq, mimeman1, Ladd000Russo ...

What is for you guys the top 3 players you have play online for each caracters (not only american players) on XBL only of course

In the order please the left to the right. 1st At left = the best online player you have play for reference ????

I send me after my opinion too

KANJI :

AKIHIKO :

LABRYS :

MITSURU :

TEDDIE :

CHIE :

YU :

AIGIS :

YUKIKO :

YOSUKE :

NAOTO :

S. LABRYS :

ELISABETH :

Thanks a lot guys !

Edited by Beat_By-X

GG's to everyone I played. What time are you guys usually on? I can almost never find any DL players when I jump on LIVE.

If no one's on at 4pm EST, I'd usually get back on at about 8pm EST.

If no one's on at 4pm EST, I'd usually get back on at about 8pm EST.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to get on around those times.

Okay guys, I've noticed after being in here for the past week things get way off topic, it happens sometimes. You guys gotta remember that this thread is a "Match Finder/GGs Thread", please do better to keep off topic discussions off this thread. Use PM's or create a chat group for off topic discussions or you will receive an infraction.

Thank You.

I prefer it doesn't start her... this has happened before in a previous thread and it went straight to hell. If you guys are interested in carry on this question, move it to PM's or a group. This kind of discussion is what groups are for.

EDIT: GG's to Beat_By-X, Owner and randoms that joined my room.

Edited by Shinsyn

I'll be on after I finish my meal (4:50ish EST). I expect more than three people like last night, lol.

@ShinSyn: I'm still kinda new here, how do you do this group thing?

edit: room name is 'Elochai'

edit v2: GGs Blackstar, Dante, and anyone else (since your names already slipped my mind, lol). Dante, I'm not sure if anyone ever gives you credit for how well you do on defense, but your ability to block is very admirable. Blackstar's mixups would've opened me up from like the first hit, but I'm here watching you block entire strings. Good shit, man.

Edited by Elochai

Thanks Elochai I really appreciate it and GGs Blackstar and Elochai but I have been playing AWFUL this entire week I really need to improve because this was been a horrible week in P4A for me. I somewhat know what I need to improve on but other than that my play has been pretty bad