Kurushii

[P4A/P4AU] XBL Match Finder/GG Thread

Anyone feel like playing some matches? I've got a room up right now :p

im making a room if anyone wanna play 5a arena

TectalEastside vs Kuurumster is a terrible match-up for TECTAL

Im dying... Halp:(

Edited by Tecta1Eastside

GGs accidental auto-pass, Tectal, xMillette (we workin' for the MTA bro), SS ChaosRage, and Ayydiosmio. Shoutouts to Ayydiosmio for playing me in a really long set. It's really interesting to see how people react to things differently 12 games in.

First time posting here in the infamous dustloop..

I noticed there hasn't been much among the lines of sets being uploaded on youtube, and I thought those were extremely helpful in shedding light on matchups. I saw a couple of sets from jourdal's youtube account such as Shuuto vs Spinking's FT10, and I think I saw Tomo vs some Akihiko mixed in somewhere as well. However, I haven't seen much else ever since the BBCP fever started. Considering we're "stuck" with P4U, (I like the game, it's being featured in tournaments and likely EVO, and personally I'm not one to sperg over a game unreleased in consoles while we have a great game in our hands) I want to try and fill that void.

I main Shadow Labrys, so for Shadow Labrys vs some character I can help do sets, but I'd be glad to record sets with any two good players. I could even do commentary if there's a particularly good set, I just think it would be fun to see how matchups evolve over time, and it will also help people level up by seeing what they did right or wrong in a particular matchup.

Of course, this would all be in netplay, but I'm assuming playable connection quality. Personally I have a fiber connection, and based on feedback from other players I tend to find more "competitive" connections than most people who don't.

I wasn't sure if this would merit a separate thread since this just might be a glorified match finding request, but let me know if you guys have any suggestions!

You're posting in the right thread, and I think it's an interesting idea to take into consideration, if people are OK with being recorded.

You're posting in the right thread, and I think it's an interesting idea to take into consideration, if people are OK with being recorded.

Of course, that's only if people want to have it recorded. I think it would be very useful for the P4A community to have these around. It's not like this is for purely altruistic reasons either, having recorded sets like this and have people discuss it is a good way for the players themselves to level up. I've lost count on how many times I've said "oh, what I did there was really dumb" or "I should use this more!", thanks to watching a replay somewhere on youtube.

I noticed there hasn't been much among the lines of sets being uploaded on youtube, and I thought those were extremely helpful in shedding light on matchups. I saw a couple of sets from jourdal's youtube account such as Shuuto vs Spinking's FT10, and I think I saw Tomo vs some Akihiko mixed in somewhere as well. However, I haven't seen much else ever since the BBCP fever started. Considering we're "stuck" with P4U, (I like the game, it's being featured in tournaments and likely EVO, and personally I'm not one to sperg over a game unreleased in consoles while we have a great game in our hands) I want to try and fill that void.

I main Shadow Labrys, so for Shadow Labrys vs some character I can help do sets, but I'd be glad to record sets with any two good players. I could even do commentary if there's a particularly good set, I just think it would be fun to see how matchups evolve over time, and it will also help people level up by seeing what they did right or wrong in a particular matchup.

Of course, this would all be in netplay, but I'm assuming playable connection quality. Personally I have a fiber connection, and based on feedback from other players I tend to find more "competitive" connections than most people who don't.

I wasn't sure if this would merit a separate thread since this just might be a glorified match finding request, but let me know if you guys have any suggestions!

Hey I'll play you FT10 if you want to.

I main Labrys and sub shadow labrys

I dont mind having footage of me dying.

During your commentary

You could probably explain how to deal with some of Shadow Labry's basic setups

since most ppl dont know how to deal with them since no one plays her really.

That might help the community out

Even saying what your opponent should be doing or if your just streaming two players then explain what both players should be doing in the match-up would be good

Edited by Tecta1Eastside

Hey I'll play you FT10 if you want to.

I main Labrys and sub shadow labrys

I dont mind having footage of me dying.

During your commentary

You could probably explain how to deal with some of Shadow Labry's basic setups

since most ppl dont know how to deal with them since no one plays her really.

That might help the community out

Even saying what your opponent should be doing or if your just streaming two players then explain what both players should be doing in the match-up would be good

Cool, we can do FT5, FT7, FT10 or w/e.

Yeah, explaining how to get out of her setups is actually one of the things I'm after if people are struggling with that. If people know how to at least counter her basic setups, it forces you to look for alternatives, and more often than not you will even find new things and come out better as a result. I'm not a fan of the "STSFN" mentality for that reason.

Well seeing how I have time off until the Winter semester starts, I'd be up for a FT-whatever against your S-Lab. I need to learn the match up and figure out what I'm doing wrong when facing one. I could post the results of your analysis in the Narukami thread. I'm sure this will be beneficial toward that end of the forum since there's absolutely nothing in the S-Lab vs Narukami section.

Well seeing how I have time off until the Winter semester starts, I'd be up for a FT-whatever against your S-Lab. I need to learn the match up and figure out what I'm doing wrong when facing one. I could post the results of your analysis in the Narukami thread. I'm sure this will be beneficial toward that end of the forum since there's absolutely nothing in the S-Lab vs Narukami section.

Awesome, let me know when you guys are available to play! I don't know if we've played before so we might want to test the connection as well. I'm available on both consoles, but I'd rather choose xbox first, of course. I'll be available all day today since I just finished finals.

That sounds great and welcome to dustloop you definitely came to the right thread I main Yukiko and S.Labrys is one of if not her worst match up. It would be great to have a FT10 against you and then having you commentate on the set to see what I did wrong and what I need to improve on and I know it will be fun and help me level up and learn the match up. Thanks for this dude and when are you available?

That sounds great and welcome to dustloop you definitely came to the right thread I main Yukiko and S.Labrys is one of if not her worst match up. It would be great to have a FT10 against you and then having you commentate on the set to see what I did wrong and what I need to improve on and I know it will be fun and help me level up and learn the match up. Thanks for this dude and when are you available?

I'll be available this weekend, I could start today~

Hey BananaKen. Glad to see you around here.

I'd love for stuff like this. I save replays of all my matches, and I was glad to have some games with you recently. I went over the replays a bit, but yeah, mirroring what others have already said, actually hearing what the heck I was doing wrong is something great.

I also have both XBL and PSN, though I've only run into you ever on XBL. What would the best way to reach you be? I'd like to get in on this before you get bored of bodying all of us and stop. ;D

Hey BananaKen. Glad to see you around here.

I'd love for stuff like this. I save replays of all my matches, and I was glad to have some games with you recently. I went over the replays a bit, but yeah, mirroring what others have already said, actually hearing what the heck I was doing wrong is something great.

I also have both XBL and PSN, though I've only run into you ever on XBL. What would the best way to reach you be? I'd like to get in on this before you get bored of bodying all of us and stop. ;D

Hey wassup! I prefer XBL but anime players have a love affair with PS3, so for general netplay I'll go there. I'll try xbox for arranged matches of any kind as a first choice though. I already noticed that post-match screen is a lot quicker (including saving replays) so for long sets I would very much prefer xbox..

I already recorded a set, so I'll try to put it up soon to get some feedback on it.

I'm down if you want, I can also record in 720p or stream if required.

I don't have my Xbox set up at the moment but it's not a big deal to do it.

And yeah, there has been a lack of P4 videos being uploaded on Japan's end compared to when the game first came out for a while now.

Well guys I got a new xbox and a free month of live.

How is the community on xbox is it worth spending 22$ to get this and play for a month?

How is the community on xbox is it worth spending 22$ to get this and play for a month?

You'll have Kanjis, Mitsurus, and Akihikos as far as the eye can see

Lizs and Yus are fairly frequent, although I've only run into the same few over and over--that's about it though, for me anyway

It's small is basically what I'm getting at--or at least it feels small; worth it?

Honestly, unsure

I already noticed that post-match screen is a lot quicker (including saving replays) so for long sets I would very much prefer xbox..

This. I feel kinda bad when I'm holding lobbies up because it takes like 30 seconds to save a replay and clear post-game screen on my PS3.

I'll be real; not worth it if you already have PSN. While there are definitely some quality players on live, it's not uncommon to have 0 lobbies going on at a time (not to say that people won't play, you just need to make a lobby... people don't like doing that for some reason). Overall, connection quality is much better on XBL compared to PSN, though... so if you wanna get extended sets with people you actually know, I'd prefer XBL over PSN, but I dunno if I'd say it's worth spending money over.

Edited by Ciddypoo

Sounds fun. I also hate making rooms on PSN so much and I hated doing it on xbox almost as much because I had to afk and it was no autopass (BB life)

You'll have me to contend with, :D

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Sounds fun. I also hate making rooms on PSN so much and I hated doing it on xbox almost as much because I had to afk and it was no autopass (BB life)

I'll play you. i missed the gamefaqs vs dustloop tourney

Oh right, I forgot to put it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNbqiQXvZFU&feature=youtu.be

FT10 with Kobayashi, enjoy~

I think I could have covered more things, but hopefully it was helpful on both sides of the matchup (slab vs liz)

are you gonna be able to play sunday for a FT10 set?

Oh right, I forgot to put it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNbqiQXvZFU&feature=youtu.be

FT10 with Kobayashi, enjoy~

I think I could have covered more things, but hopefully it was helpful on both sides of the matchup (slab vs liz)

Very insightful. I'm jealous of all the slab players lurking around here.