Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

Being available in the arcade version is a good metric of balance effort. CT Nu/Hakumen and CS DLC chars all had some derpiness when they first came out that could've been refined through arcade mode patches. DLC characters (in BB and other games) have generally worked out in recent years, but as a grumpy old man I'm still reminded of broken-ass console exclusives and I get nervous at the thought of just slapping in a character late and not knowing how they'll operate even after the rest of the cast has been largely figured out.

Being available in the arcade version is a good metric of balance effort. CT Nu/Hakumen and CS DLC chars all had some derpiness when they first came out that could've been refined through arcade mode patches. DLC characters (in BB and other games) have generally worked out in recent years, but as a grumpy old man I'm still reminded of broken-ass console exclusives and I get nervous at the thought of just slapping in a character late and not knowing how they'll operate even after the rest of the cast has been largely figured out.

But then you could ban them for being broken, rather than console. Arakune and Rachel were just as broken too and they were right there in the arcade version.

Not that any of them should have been banned anyway. Just let people deal with it.

Why can't they just add Nu and Mu at some later loketest, anyways?

i understand your point, but at the same time considering that we (the fighting game community) are the ones that always say that we should only ban something until proving that its game breaking and that the game can be better without it and that baning without any kind of testing is one of the reasons of why we see animosity between the fgc and the smash community i always found this console character baning silly to say the least.

im only saying that with how the market has changed, we should only ban a character if there are better reasons outside the console exclusive one, plus i feel that releasing the character on console before serves as a way to test them and patch them later for the arcade release, and baning them only makes the process of balancing them more difficult for the developers, imo.

also now we have tournaments for games that don't have an arcade release, or that release some characters on consoles before the arcade update so the only valid reasons now (imo of course) to ban a dlc/ console exclusive character (outside them being truly broken) are if they are exclusive to one console only (kratos, cole, megaman, toro and kuro) or if they are not avaible for everyone to buy at the beginning (dampierre)

btw, is there a place to read all the system changes, because this thread became big very quickly and finding info became quite difficult because of that :/

edit

nevermind, the stupid browser didn't show the thread for it until now, damn opera :I:

Pet Shop should be banned, though :I:

well, he is technically banned

Petshop will be used nonstop in HD's Online. Once the kiddies find out that PS is the broken character, they will jump all over it, like flies to poop.

On topic though: I think I may play bullet. I'm amazing at Mario Party 1.

Hey guys, is it me, or does that Golden Mech at the end of a trailer look like a cross between JUSTICE and GOLDEN ORDER SOL.

I'd love for that mech, probably Amaterasu, to be a source of new nightmares.

Nu-stice.

... I can dream.

Divekick

All is right with the world~

at this point i thought that we learned that we should stop this silly bs of baning chars because they are lol console characters

if we allowed mu, makoto and valk, not to mention that games like kof xiii are doing fine with them, why would we go backwards and do this stupid crap again

what happened to the spirit of baning a char only if its proven that its game breaking?

XIII characters aren't exclusive, also the console ver of XIII as a WHOLE was a complete retuning of the game, it just didn't make any sense to play arcade XIII (pre-Climax of course)

We make these choices as a community, but the usual consensus is to provide a roster obtainable to all parties. The US doesn't run on arcades like Japan, there's little reason to remove console only characters (PROVIDED they aren't impractical as fuck; see: Kilff, Justice, KoF XI console characters). But developers are in the habit of supporting both spectrums, so there's no real reason to debate, especially considering we have no idea how things will be handled at this point (they could introduce new patches/characters prior to console debut, a la Relius and Extend).

I say we just let it ride until the situation arises, no point in wondering about "what ifs" (what if grasshoppers could use machine-guns!?)

is bullet a beastkin or something. she looks like that squirrel, l forgot her name...

Bullet doesn't have any animal like features besides looking like wolves ate the rest of her short/pants or whatever those beltloops used to be.

is bullet a beastkin or something. she looks like that squirrel, l forgot her name...

Bullet just seems like a Makoto 2.0 or something.

I don't think she is a beastkin, though... She doesn't even have a tail (don't be fooled, that's not her tail, it's her BELT).