Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

Nothing in ranked can ever really tell the truth about your skill.

Win percentage. Sure, a high win ratio is good... but who are you winning against? If you play nothing but scrubs all day and your win percentage is 80% then it's not a big deal. But if you play Spark all day and it's 30% then it's not bad. So one person's lower percentage can mean more than someone else's higher.

My friend is pretty good, but the only person he ever plays in his 2000 games of BB is me, and I just stomp him into the ground every time. Our last set, we went 81-3, me. He never gets tired or gives up though. But if he played other people he would do pretty good.

I think the PSR system should have so record chart you can expand open that lists out how many times you encountered a player and what your record is against them is: win/lose/dc'ed.

Because mAc is right. Having a 90% win ratio compared to a 30% win ratio means nothing. It depends on who you fight, in my opinion.

We will find out how the PSR pans out when loketests begin.

Ok so I heard his supers only do about 1k or something like that, could you please clarify that? Do he do more damage when he hits those weakspots? I'm still unclear about how he is supposed to use his drive and how he applies heavy damage.

His low-damage super is Scud Banishment, 214214D. It deals only 1100 damage and has pretty short range, BUT it applies both weak spots and staggers on hit, leading to some good combos (especially since the enemy is now marked with both weak spots).

The other super, Black Hawk Stinger (236236D), seems to be a generic charging attack with average DD damage. However, since both supers are done with the D button, they may gain some properties when hitting a marked enemy. Of course, no one actually tested that.

EDIT: As for his heavy damage potential, I think that it's simply because his move hurt more. It doesn't seem like weak spots make his damage higher, just that he gets awesome combos from hitting them.

I was looking through previous posts, and you guys were discussing combo length. And it reminded me of how much I hated fighting good vanilla CS Litchis: One hit = 4k+ damage, corner carry, followed by corner rape. :vbang:

Never payed attention to PSR, or any online ranking system. You could easily be fighting a pro who started a new account for lolz just as much as an actual newb. Or like Mac said, you could be losing against a really good player all the time.

His low-damage super is Scud Banishment, 214214D. It deals only 1100 damage and has pretty short range, BUT it applies both weak spots and staggers on hit, leading to some good combos (especially since the enemy is now marked with both weak spots).

The other super, Black Hawk Stinger (236236D), seems to be a generic charging attack with average DD damage. However, since both supers are done with the D button, they may gain some properties when hitting a marked enemy. Of course, no one actually tested that.

EDIT: As for his heavy damage potential, I think that it's simply because his move hurt more. It doesn't seem like weak spots make his damage higher, just that he gets awesome combos from hitting them.

Ok so in a sense his super sort of work like Rachel where you can continue to lay down pain after you do your super, rather than it being a combo ender. And the damage output for him lies in the fact that when hitting weak spots that have already been applied allows for extended combos due to the properties from hitting weak spots right?

That sounds about right from the info that we have. And don't forget that it's possible to play him without ever using the D button, which means that his damage is still high without weak spots.

I think the PSR system should have so record chart you can expand open that lists out how many times you encountered a player and what your record is against them is: win/lose/dc'ed.

That sounds like a bit of a clusterfuck.

Unless they trim it down, like end of game when they ask you if you want to save replay, could have 1 for adding player to this chart. Otherwise it would just be huge for anyone that plays against random people, even if just for a tiny bit once every month. Looking some1 in specific would be either hell or at the very least somewhat annoying.

That sounds about right from the info that we have. And don't forget that it's possible to play him without ever using the D button, which means that his damage is still high without weak spots.

I guess hearing he has high damage output and similar playing style to Hakumen, made some of us think that he had straight forward high damage output like Hakumen. It seems he has a sort of Rachel approach to his damage output. Sounds interesting nevertheless.

Also I hope they add the ability to record offline matches. My offline matches are 10x more hype and entertaining to watch than my online matches, I don't know why ArcSys hasn't implemented that feature yet in any of their games.

Also I hope they add the ability to record offline matches. My offline matches are 10x more hype and entertaining to watch than my online matches, I don't know why ArcSys hasn't implemented that feature yet in any of their games.

This with the utmost hope. My matches are the same way.

That sounds like a bit of a clusterfuck.

Unless they trim it down, like end of game when they ask you if you want to save replay, could have 1 for adding player to this chart. Otherwise it would just be huge for anyone that plays against random people, even if just for a tiny bit once every month. Looking some1 in specific would be either hell or at the very least somewhat annoying.

If they based it on 'most frequently fought' or something based on that person's friend list...then it might be possible...otherwise the list would be too long.

I think they need to also focus on the console version here, too. It's almost free to boost to the top of the Leaderboards. The No.1 Hakumen on XBL is 100% free and he thinks Tager is Broken. He holds a 99% win Ratio because you get out for free through dashboarding. Same goes for Pisces. Except he isn't as bad. Still RQ's all day though.

So, what I'm saying is they should adopt a FIFA system where if you disconnect (Legit or not) You should get the L. If you're playing ranked you should sort your connection out first, it should only be your fault if you disconnect.

/Biggest Gripe With Console BB.

And what about character select screen freeze glitch? Half my disconnects are from those. The other half was people rqing.

If they based it on 'most frequently fought' or something based on that person's friend list...then it might be possible...otherwise the list would be too long.

That is actually more complex (and expensive data-wise) than it sounds. It would have to keep track of how many times you've fought every random guy online. Better than no trimming, but it's still not that great a solution.

I just think letting you choose who you want to keep records of is just way simpler and straightforward. Though it would add extra junk to press through after every match, even a single extra yes-no prompt can get annoying and break your flow. Meh, I personally wouldn't have much use for this, I don't really need to keep specific data to know how I'm faring vs a particular player I know.

So, what I'm saying is they should adopt a FIFA system where if you disconnect (Legit or not) You should get the L. If you're playing ranked you should sort your connection out first, it should only be your fault if you disconnect.

Don't see why not. Win loose ratios shouldn't really matter too much vs random people, and vs people you know, they'll typically understand and you won't feel like a dick. Sure, some people would still RQ to "save themselves time and start next fight" or just to spite you, but it would at least cut down on the few that just do it to keep a high win ratio. Not that I care for getting the win, but that stuff is just annoying.

Yes please. I don't even play online (internet here sucks).

OK, I've been thinking about EVO 2013 and BBCP/P4A.

As we all know, P4A is a success. It sold a lot, is a good game, accessible (helped with its success) and is hype. It has a very big chance (if not guaranteed) of making it in the main game line-up.

The problem is, BBCP was announced. It's going to release in arcades in winter 2012, and by following the trend of how ArcSys releases console BB, it might release 5-6 months later, which could be May - June. So that's like, approx. 1 month before EVO (which is in July). Which might warrant a spot for it, but we don't know yet since the game is still in loketest phase. But let's just assume it will be good and hype.

So here's the problem: There's no way in hell that EVO is gonna have 2 airdasher ArcSys games in its lineup, there aren't enough spots since there are more fighting games getting released (TTT2, Injustice, maaaybe PSABR). So, what do we do? As in, what should the ArcSys community decide to allow in EVO's line-up? P4A or BBCP?

Personally I would say P4A, since it seems to have a larger playerbase than BB (assuming BBs playerbase remains the same size), and is the "gateway" ArcSys airdasher game with its accessibility, so allowing it would mean bigger chance more people will try it out (and stick with it) if played on EVO main stage.

I'd say p4a. Theres just not enough time for bbcp to make the evo line up and thats if it even gets launched before evo in the 1st place.

It's super too early to be talking about either at EVO. BBCP release date will be a big factor in the possibility of even showing up and P4A has to keep its attendance for almost a year. We haven't even seen the numbers for P4A at a major yet, let alone 5 majors in a row.

America is just full of fuck at the minute. They tear all over Airdashers but the second Combofiend / Cross Counter highlights P4A they all jump on it like flies on shit. Yipes tweeting about using Mitsuru, Combofiend and Slabrys, ChrisG and Liz, 1b+ Chie users. It's just completely taken my by surprise that it has even seen daylight. It's not a bad thing, but it just says a lot about the American bit of the FGC. (Of course most of you are <Lovely3 People and amazing and shit but Y'know. the fuck?)

In short.

P4A @ Evo

BB = Side Tourny because America doesn't represent well enough. Why would it change with CP so much to warrant taking an EVO slot? (

TTT2 Will replace SFxT's spot. KOF is a dead cert along with Mahvel and AE. I don't see where CP could do

MK9 should of died years ago but ESPORTS AND ANAHEIM KEEPING THIS SHIT REAL

So they like added no new normals to the game? That's kinda lame.

I dunno how you wanted them to do that. They might have changed some of them but adding them would be kinda hard unless you wanted everyone to have a generic 4B or something like that. And that would be kinda lame

I dunno how you wanted them to do that. They might have changed some of them but adding them would be kinda hard unless you wanted everyone to have a generic 4B or something like that. And that would be kinda lame

Could replace old moves.