Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

there's really not much to the discussion about parries beating projectile oki. on one hand, many characters lose fun setups/setups that may be important to their rewards off moves and hakumen doesnt really have to do anything besides some very slight timing for these setups. on the other, not being able to do certain mixups/use certain tools in a certain way/whatever against characters is the nature of matchups in any game, especially blazblue, and how exciting/annoying a characters' strengths are depends on which character you are. sometimes you're going to be the one like "AHHH FUCK YEAH DEAL WITH MY SHIT" and other times you're going to be the one on the receiving end. the same shit that excites a player is what can annoy others unless you have the right attitude.

whether it is more balanced for the parries to beat such setups or not depends on the other aspects of the charas(for example, if litchi damage was nerfed again but other characters' damage wasn't and the intent was that she relied on projectile oki setups more to make up for damage, then hakumen's parry denying the only thing that makes her new theoretical damage nerf make sense would probably be silly. but that depends on how neutral is as well.) and whether or not it is more fun or sensical to have projectile oki able to bait hakumen's parries or not is entirely subjective unless a character design is *extremely* dependent on that oki, and litchi/rachel are not.

also, i dunno about rachel but litchi gets certain advantages on hakumen that partially makes up for lack of projectile oki; 5a hits him crouching and j.c[e] hits him on the way up, so with 50 meter she gets a strong 50-50. i still personally wish i could use thirteen orphans oki on hakumen at all, but accepting that you're going to have to use some tools differently or not at all in different matchups because different characters are strong and exciting in different ways is just how BB is, and if you don't want stuff like that then play a more homogeneous game like KOF13 or something, but changing games only avoids this sort of thing so much.

also in footage it looked like bullet could briefly do 5d as a sort of feint cancel for about 18f. looked useful for pressure like litchi 421d[e]/623d[e] :3

Thats solely based on one person using her, that shouldnt ever be used as a judgement of a characters viability(let alone streaks). Theres still many great things about her, mainly the fact that she has one of the best jump in normals in the game. characters is hard to anti air. And your really suggesting that tager is much better then makoto overall? They both have trouble in many of the exact same match-ups.

There is no winning with you, my point was fairly clear and dragging this any further will lock this thread... and no her jump in is not one of the best in the game thats stupid

She has j.2C. There's nothing to complain about you spoiled fucks. Who else gets a squirrel tail attack?

What happens when you are hit have an entirely new animation though! Opponent is trapped in a spider web that covers the whole screen, then eyes appears, from those eyes black spiders start to crawl out all over the screen... until everything is black. Astral Finish! and a rain of blood continues until the screen fades.

FINALLY! it took forever, but Arakune's astral finally DOES SOMETHING.

footage of this and Amane's astral would probably hold my hype nigh indefinitely.

Makoto new color palette looks sweet, her intro where she take off her NOL coat got changed also <3

She has j.2C. There's nothing to complain about you spoiled fucks. Who else gets a squirrel tail attack?

I am the worst person ever for forgetting this :sweatdrop:

Makoto footage makes her look like she got her old combos back.

Plat j.D with cat hammer doesn't float/halt air momentum anymore. Mami circular corner-sticks which is sick, 6B corner-bounces, Dramatic Sammy is RC'able but almost looks like you can combo after it without RC. j.C > 22C > 6A is possible which means easier combos. I'm loving this game more every second I see it.

Izuna Im and im sure all of us blazblue mains are very very greatful for you video recordings. Without you im sure we wouldnt have any footage, thanks so much for taking the time and risk to go out your way and gets us some footage.

To rap up on hakumen: At the end of the day, if your character was changed by the devolopers its up to you as a player to remain loyal to that character or not based on how serious the changes were made. hakumen now compared to some other characters(Ct rachel to cs1 rachel) looks like he still very viable and playable with said drive nerfs. Its about character loyality at the end of the day. I would know I stuck it out as rachel each and every single version dealing with whatever favorable and not so favorable changes that came my way.

Its about character loyality at the end of the day. I would know I stuck it out as rachel each and every single version dealing with whatever favorable and not so favorable changes that came my way.

You should talk to Tager mains. Those fuckers have REAL dedication.

Anyone know if Overdrives can be canceled into like special moves?

You should talk to Tager mains. Those fuckers have REAL dedication.

All the Tager players i know have army of subs or a secondary main... thats not dedication :v:

also, lol at Platinum's 6B wallbound xD

Anyone know if Overdrives can be canceled into like special moves?

I'm pretty sure in an earlier location test at least there were cancels into overdrives.

I'm pretty sure in an earlier location test at least there were cancels into overdrives.

Sounds like it works like Waifus Heart 3's Extend cancels.

Yes OverDrives count as special moves apparently, the one thing I don't know is if you can deactivate OD, jbbs seems to imply you can. Also give hakimiru a medal since he's boss at translating tons of stuff :roboky:

I heard that finishing a round with your OD on makes you start the next round with 33% of your burst gauge. The deactivation thing sounds weird, i dont think you can do such a thing.

edit: big thanks to all who help on translating and recording CP stuff, i really mean it

All the Tager players i know have army of subs or a secondary main... thats not dedication :v:

also, lol at Platinum's 6B wallbound xD

Just cause I play half the cast doesn't mean my main isn't still Tager. Well I'm maining LoL right now anyways....

Always being shit requires more dedication than going from being God to shit for the period of a few months.

One day, ArcSys will make a powerful and slow grappler who isn't terrible.

One day.