Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

Well, look at what they have done.

• gave Tager air combos
  • gave Tager air special
  • removed Hakumens air dash combo, making him jump cancel like most other characters
  • makes Hakumens meterless game stronger and his meterfull game weaker
  • makes Arakunes curseless game stronger, and his curse game weaker
  • removes Tsubakis unblockable, and gives everyone an unblockable
  • gives everyone a power-up mode

We're moving in the Same Fighter direction.

Oh wow. I really hope you don't think those things make BB anywhere close to SF. But let me address those changes for you:

We don't even know if Tager air combos are completely optimal yet, or if they will be optimal in the final build

Potemkin had air specials too
Oh wow, they changed his combos. Now he just combos by relaunching all day, which is what he usually does in the corner.
This is one of two valid complaints. However, people could find better combos that use less stars.
This is the other valid complaint. Even though Arakune is a broken character, he's supposed to be broken. I think they should either make curse shorter OR make curse harder to activate but not both. And the damage in-curse needs to stay relatively the same.
This is a good change because it removed the fucking awful guard primer system. This will be the first BB where the system doesn't actively punish you for green bursting.
This would be bad if the case was that OD is similar to X-Factor, but that's not the case. It makes character-specific changes and it relies on using your burst, which is a high price to pay for an install.

I do agree that they should not have made Hakumen's D moves blockable. It's not looking good for Hakumen, and I hope they fix some of the god-awful, unnecessary nerfs he received. Besides that, though, I'm liking the way the game is looking so far. I think they need to buff the damage on all characters across the board just to make the rounds go faster. But if they don't, then it's not a big loss.

WHO FUCKING CARES :v:
l definitely don't, but l do find the idea interesting. tbh i'm just glad my rachel hasnt modernized her clothing to what the other girls are wearing. l don't want her looking like someone's sick fantasy. the rest can keep their melons nice and airy for my viewing pleasure.

Goth Loli is part of many sick fantasies. I remember when I searched Rozen Maiden on Konachan ;_;

[*] gives everyone a power-up mode

saying "giving everyone a power-up mode is moving towards homogeneity" is like saying "giving everyone a drive button is moving towards homogeneity." maybe if all the installs were frkz or something that'd be legit, but uhhhh fucking wrong

also the game still has more cast variety than most fighters

and comparing CTs to tsubaki's old unblockable is fucking sily, not to mention that changes to tsubaki may actually end up making her stand out more

l mean in-game. she leaves room for a lot of imagination.
True. Whilst the art destroys a lot of the imagination, I know what you mean.

I think I made my stance on this issue perfectly clear in my last post. These outfit designs are often bad from a writing standpoint. I know we're not all here for the writing or care to take this game's story seriously in any way. Still I think it's a valid point.

Though no, mAc Chaos, people looking at these games and immediately making the worst assumptions about my peers and I doesn't help either.

Also I miss the Chappelle show :(

Everything in here. People that don't get it won't ever get it.

Well, look at what they have done.

• makes Arakunes curseless game stronger, and his curse game weaker

They did?

l definitely don't, but l do find the idea interesting. tbh i'm just glad my rachel hasnt modernized her clothing to what the other girls are wearing. l don't want her looking like someone's sick fantasy. the rest can keep their melons nice and airy for my viewing pleasure.

l mean in-game. she leaves room for a lot of imagination.

What is armpit fetish?

Rachel is someone's sick fantasy being a gothic lolita.

And we're now done discussing fetishes and outfits for the remainder of the thread.

Along with a balancing of the game and it's new features in this upcoming installment of the Blazblue series as a sub-topic.

I am somewhat liking the new across the board abilities the cast is getting. Because they still vary from character to character, like for instance I've been hearing Hakumens CT is more useful than most of the cast members, or there are chances that the OD system will greatly benefit characters like Bang and Ragna who get to use their powerup states without having to worry about the opponent bursting or them playing lame to make the time run out.

ANYWAYS, how about those remixed theme songs? I'm curious as to how some of them would end up. Are there any gameplay videos out there that have a good grip on the sound of the game's music?

On another note, what do you guys think some of the newer character's themes would sound like? Here's hope for Azrael getting a kickass slow and heavy theme. Like, Korean Potemkin theme heavy.

(sorry, can't think of anything better to contribute)

Along with a balancing of the game and it's new features in this upcoming installment of the Blazblue series as a sub-topic.

I am somewhat liking the new across the board abilities the cast is getting. Because they still vary from character to character, like for instance I've been hearing Hakumens CT is more useful than most of the cast members, or there are chances that the OD system will greatly benefit characters like Bang and Ragna who get to use their powerup states without having to worry about the opponent bursting or them playing lame to make the time run out.

I somewhat feel that Bang's FRKZ change is more a nerf than a buff. The cost of a burst is greater than the cost of 4 seals and 50% meter. In addition to that, it now has a time limit, which is again not helpful. Current FRKZ is stronger in my opinion, even if the backdashes have been changed to the way they once were. Also, if he still get's counterhit during FRKZ dashes (hoping this isn't the case to compensate with the other things), then it's definitely a nerf. Of course, there are many things I don't know, but considering the way I played Bang (I used FRKZ a lot) it will come as a nerf.

On the other hand, Ragna's new Blood Kain is definitely a buff.

Maybe we can expect something interesting at the TGS in a few weeks, maybe Mori will reveal that boss character he was talking about. I'm hoping that he will show off those distortions that are different in OD. I'm curious to know what it actually is and hopefully it's not just technical stuff i.e. damage, frames, etc lol something flashy would be cool, no? Anything can happen right?

Maybe we can expect something interesting at the TGS in a few weeks, maybe Mori will reveal that boss character he was talking about. I'm hoping that he will show off those distortions that are different in OD. I'm curious to know what it actually is and hopefully it's not just technical stuff i.e. damage, frames, etc lol something flashy would be cool, no? Anything can happen right?

Hopefully he reveals Mu and I get my sub back. Though, I'm curious about the other stuff as well, I'm really hoping he brings Mu or Lambda or Nu or something like them back. I'm going to go insane if Amane is the only zoner in this game since I'd break my streak of always having a zoner sub. Rachel is sort of a zoner, but I hate her too so...

Unrelated to all that, I'm also hoping that we get a bit more story mode information soon since I've been waiting since CS1 for it to be continued.

ANYWAYS, how about those remixed theme songs? I'm curious as to how some of them would end up. Are there any gameplay videos out there that have a good grip on the sound of the game's music?

On another note, what do you guys think some of the newer character's themes would sound like? Here's hope for Azrael getting a kickass slow and heavy theme. Like, Korean Potemkin theme heavy.

(sorry, can't think of anything better to contribute)

So far we only have the trailer music, a confirmed remix of Tager's theme MOTOR HEAD, and a new song for Bang Install. Takayoshi Ohmura is still doing the guitars (he took over for Yoshihiro Kusano when CS rolled around, and is arguably much better) and there are still drum machines abound (so far we know that Daisuke uses drum machines on anything that isn't Guilty Gear). Here's some thoughts I have.

-Rebellion will be the Live version from GGxBB 2012 (updated guitars and in E minor instead of D# minor)

-Lust SIN will probably be the Live version with the extended intro, maybe with a key change

-Bullet Dance will probably be replaced with a new song w/Kanako Kondou vocals to match Noel's design change or get a drastic overhaul (like a completely different feel to it)

-Queen of Rose will probably be more metal-oriented

-Catus Carnival will be turned into a dance/rave-like theme, kinda like Makoto's theme

-We already know MOTOR HEAD sounds extremely different from it's original incarnation

-Oriental Flower will probably have a slight key/speed drop and be given a more sorrowful feel to reflect Litchi's current situation

-Thin RED Line will likely eschew the horror intro and pianos for heavy riffage, reflecting Arakune's sudden increase in power and ability to speak coherently

-REPPUU will remain unchanged, only with upgraded instruments because you just don't fuck with Bang Shishigami's theme

-Marionette Purple will probably be more aggressive and less classy

-SUSANO'O, in my opinion, will be changed drastically like Tager's theme

-Condemnation Wings will probably sound more dynamic and evil, maybe with an angelic choir and some pipe organs thrown in

-Gluttony Fang will either be replaced with Endless Despair, mixed with it, or probably be more sinister and subdued/heavy, reflecting Terumi slowly undoing his facade as Hazama

-Alexandrite will get even more techno/rave-y

-Howling Moon will probably get more classy instruments like violins and organs added to it, maybe a bit faster

-Active Angel will sound even more like a Sonic theme

-Plastic Night will likely undergo a drastic change, maybe more speed metal oriented with a new feel to it

-Amane's theme is probably going to have a lot of Japanese instruments in it, and will likely have a dance-like beat to it

-Bullet's will probably be a heavy, rave-like tune like Makoto's, but with a slower beat and quiet sections like Tager's

-Azrael's will likely be just straight up power/speed metal

ODs are unburstable right? that might make them tough to balance imo...

Is this confirmed?

If it is, I think it could add a bit more of a strategic element to bursting. Eating an OD combo can't be good (especially from some characters), and if there's no obvious way to see them you'd have to consider when the opponent might go into OD and burst before it. And it could also make ODs used in combos that would not necessarily win you the round since the opponent might not expect it to be used earlier in a match, but then of course you run the risk of not having it when you could use it for an unburstable combo at low health, or even not having a burst of your own if you end up in a situation where you'd have wanted to burst.

I can see the OD system leading to a bunch of new mind games.

The complete non-functionality of certain outfits in a combat situation aside (I know that argument will get a "who says outfits have to be realistic?!" response), the issue is the fact that the outfits don't match the personality.

I haven't really spend much in story mode, so I cannot really argue with that. Can't say I was particulary fond of Noels back showing or Makoto's costume in general though.

But, I think I talk for all moe-otaku when I say that when it comes to girl characters, their looks are as important as their playstyle. The sole reason I don't main Litchi is the fact she uses glasses, and I can't stand glasses on anime girls. (sad, but true)

Maybe its just years of dealing with a terrible character talking, but I'm fully expecting Tager to have plenty of disadvantages against many characters.

One problem I think is that Tager because of his restrained movement is going to take some damage while approaching, which is why he has extra health. But then, because of his large hitbox, many characters have Tager-specific combos that nullifies the extra health.

All characters is going to have some bad match-ups, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

We're moving in the Same Fighter direction.

^ this conclusion is rather senseless talking about BB and arc games in general. They have their own way no matter how you see it.

the game still has more cast variety than most fighters

That is direction I feel the game is going in, and the fact we are light years away doesn't change the direction. : p

how the hell do these women keep their big jiggly breasts from popping out every 5 seconds is beyond me.

Really hard nipples.

Oh wow. I really hope you don't think those things make BB anywhere close to SF.

Closer, not close. ; )

let me address those changes for you:

• We don't even know if Tager air combos are completely optimal yet, or if they will be optimal in the final build
  • Potemkin had air specials too
  • Oh wow, they changed his combos. Now he just combos by relaunching all day, which is what he usually does in the corner.
  • This is one of two valid complaints. However, people could find better combos that use less stars.
  • This is the other valid complaint. Even though Arakune is a broken character, he's supposed to be broken. I think they should either make curse shorter OR make curse harder to activate but not both. And the damage in-curse needs to stay relatively the same.
  • This is a good change because it removed the fucking awful guard primer system. This will be the first BB where the system doesn't actively punish you for green bursting.
  • This would be bad if the case was that OD is similar to X-Factor, but that's not the case. It makes character-specific changes and it relies on using your burst, which is a high price to pay for an install.

I think you missunderstood me on one thing, these are necessarily complaints, just how I view it.

Well, true enough, but because he has Grand Punish now I think we can be sure that he will have air combos, which as far as I know he didn't have before. I'm not saying it is a bad thing, just that we need to remove "no air combos" from Tager's characteristics list.

Haven't played much GG, but then again, I am not saying it will be terrible to give Tager air options. Just that Tager in Extend is the only character without any air specials right? This uniqueness is now gone.
The J2A > dash J2A really appealed to me, so I am very sad it is gone. Is the "now" meaning EX or CP?
By design Hakumens combo routes are quite limited, so if it stays anywhere near the current build, I find it very unlikely that something useful will appear. ):
I totally agree with you on that one.
Can't say I loved the Guard Primers but, it adds another situation when we must use Barrier. I think it would be much more interesting if Barrier was an option not a must.
Once again, I am not complaining, I think OD is a more interesting system than Gold Bursts.

lI do agree that they should not have made Hakumen's D moves blockable. It's not looking good for Hakumen, and I hope they fix some of the god-awful, unnecessary nerfs he received.

orz

saying "giving everyone a power-up mode is moving towards homogeneity" is like saying "giving everyone a drive button is moving towards homogeneity."

I do not agree with this. I think the Drives are more diverse than OD. But again, I am not saying it is a bad thing they added it.

and comparing CTs to tsubaki's old unblockable is fucking sily

Why is it? Slow, unblockable attack with a cost, they certainly have something in common.

And they will probably see similiar use as well.

They did?

Sorry, I don't really know, but someone on the Hakumen board mentioned they were trying to make Hakumen and Arakune less polarized, better without gauge, but worse with, so I took for granted that Arakunes curseless game was improved.

Sorry, I don't really know, but someone on the Hakumen board mentioned they were trying to make Hakumen and Arakune less polarized, better without gauge, but worse with, so I took for granted that Arakunes curseless game was improved.

Arakune seems worse overall, until people find meterless 100% curse combos outside of the corner, that is. Right now Arakune needs 25 heat to get 70% curse midscreen, and his corner curse combos are harder to pull off, maybe even character specific. Oh yeah j.B isn't jump cancelable anymore. So yeah his precurse game seems to be worse.

I think the Drives are more diverse than OD. But again, I am not saying it is a bad thing they added it.

Full disclosure: I'm not sure of what all the characters' ODs do exactly, but aren't the effects all supposed to be character-specific? How does that make drives more unique? If anything, it just adds to the character, imo.