Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

I don't think you'll see lots of Amane, either.

I mean, you'll probably see him the first... 2 days? before people realizes he's too complicated and then only very few people will keep on with him.

... of course, if you add the lol delay on this, I bet even less people will try him.

I don't think you'll see lots of Amane, either.

I mean, you'll probably see him the first... 2 days? before people realizes he's too complicated and then only very few people will keep on with him.

... of course, if you add the lol delay on this, I bet even less people will try him.

He was implied to be the hardest to use of the 3, while Bullet was said to be the easiest, so yeah I expect Amane to be as hipster as Rachel. It's most likely gonna turn out Bullet + the regular netplay gang.

I'm thinking we'll see the usual common characters like Ragna and Jin. For the new characters, probably a lot of Bullet because of her simplicity.

Amane will be really fun, I like complicated + harassment zoning. Definitely sticking with Hazama though, can't wait for them jasetsu rolls. So yummy~

Bullet will break everyones sticks.

Netplay will still be full of Tager and Ragna though, lol.

I don't really think that Bullet is going to be more popular than Azrael. She doesn't have that much range outside her Drive and projectile, and her combos are a bit more difficult than "Spin the stick and press Gadget" or "Hit them with a Drive and mash buttons". Azrael is also badass and has rekkas and anti-zoning tech. Oh, and he can deal good damage even without combos.

Amane will be really fun, I like complicated + harassment zoning. Definitely sticking with Hazama though, can't wait for them jasetsu rolls. So yummy~

Bullet will break everyones sticks.

Netplay will still be full of Tager and Ragna though, lol.

Don't forget about Amane's drive dealing decent chip.

Was there any doubt to begin with about Tager and Ragna being the Zubat and Geodude of netplay?

I dunno I think Bullet could be the new Ragna, they said she was meant to be the simplest character in the cast now. She's a lightweight grappler, has boobs, and is easier to use than Ragna.

I dunno I think Bullet could be the new Ragna, they said she was meant to be the simplest character in the cast now. She's a lightweight grappler, has boobs, and is easier to use than Ragna.

What's this about her being easier than Rags? Never heard anything like that.

If it turn out to be true, then I understand why she looks like a genderswap Rags.

Nah, they only said that she's the easiest out of the new characters.

edit: ^Thanks for the correction~

Either way I'm not caring much about Buchan or Azunyan. It's all about the drills. I'm so excited to see what can up setups he can do with his 236D~A/B/C drills, and more details about the properties of his 623C fist.

Seeing the 236D - A/B/C drills stay on the screen for such a long time put a smile on my face. The concept of Amane's whole playstyle immediately made me forget about Bullet and Azrael from the moment I saw the game's trailer.

Hooray for girly men and prancing around with drills. I think I found a new favorite sub.

Any fighting game character who prances and skips with drills is worth playing.

Any fighting game character who prances and skips with drills is worth playing.

Thank you for the new sig.

Hell yes. This is gunna be more hype than my day 1 Platinum.

I'll have to keep my eye out for combo vids to try and get a head start.

edit: fucking typo.

:psyduck:

I was thinking the same thing, friend.

So which of the new characters do you expect to see a fair amount of on netplay when everyone eventually get this game? I'm expecting Bullet to pop up quite a bit here and there, while Azrael starts out popular and fades into obscurity. Amane will most likely be rare all the way through.

Just between the new characters I expect Azrael > Bullet > Amane. Relative to the whole cast, Azrael and Bullet will probably settle into the middle ground and I expect Amane to be low but still nowhere near Carl/Arakune/Litchi/Taokaka low as I think his newness will overcome his "weirdness" that people might think.

To put things into perspective,

5 days after Extend came out in Japan, Relius was the 4th "most popular" character on Ranked. Platinum was #5, Makoto was #11, and Valkenhayn was #15. For those previous DLC characters those numbers were roughly the same placements during CS1/CS2. Platinum was/is surprisingly popular to me at least, while Valkenhayn is surprisingly low.

Then for a while and over the course of a few months Platinum stayed relatively popular becoming the 4th "most popular" but then going to 5th and to 7th last I looked (7/12/12). Relius ended up dropping all the way to 9th. Makoto stayed at 11th pretty much the whole time, while Valkenhayn only moved up to 14th (passing Rachel no less).

My point here is that just because they are new characters won't necessarily mean they become popular or even more popular than most of the old "popular" characters. So expect to run into the usual suspects when you are playing this game. I would be greatly surprised if any of the new characters STAY in the Top 5 used characters.

Not that any of this matters in the grand scheme of things, I do find stuff like this interesting though.