Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

Not saying having the game sooner is bad, but why is it that they release characters without testing them first?

We have these 3 characters that will probably receive balance updates in the future but if they weren't done, why not just wait til everyone is finished before releasing the game? Character balance is important in FGs, so I don't really get the reasoning of just throwing stuff out there "unfinished", especially considering a character like Nu, for example. My only guess is that there's something special about the upcoming season that makes it financially beneficial to release the game now, but it's not a retail release...I'd think that during Christmas times, people spend less time at arcades too.

Not saying having the game sooner is bad, but why is it that they release characters without testing them first?

We have these 3 characters that will probably receive balance updates in the future but if they weren't done, why not just wait til everyone is finished before releasing the game? Character balance is important in FGs, so I don't really get the reasoning of just throwing stuff out there "unfinished", especially considering a character like Nu, for example. My only guess is that there's something special about the upcoming season that makes it financially beneficial to release the game now, but it's not a retail release...I'd think that during Christmas times, people spend less time at arcades too.

Maybe they'll do what they did with P4U- After they release the other 3 characters they'll do a balance path to the arcades. Then that balance patch will be what we get for consoles.

Maybe they want to test the waters for all the characters in general in play before they add Nu and Mu since they are zoners and mostly everyone else is a rushdown or whatnot. Perhaps they wanna see how the cast fair enough without them in the equation to see how balance it will be before they start to hit the blueprint for the murokumos and nerf certain things to match the balance they want without doing too many iterations to change every character, furthering more rebalance patches/games in the process. But then again they could do this during loketest anyhow so it beats me other than they havent finished stuff with Mu and Nu...

I don't think the point of loketests is balance in the first place. No one gets to play any character long enough to form any opinion.

So, hell yea, bring on the game. Otherwise would be a waste of time.

I killed myself because you've finally hit the critical limit of stupidity and have doomed this universe. Now I'm a vengeful spirit, wandering this world with unfinished business, namely correcting your impossible ignorance before it's too late. Also ghosts can type.

Loketests are for testing gameplay. They're used to determine what works and what doesn't. Yes, individual players don't get to spend much time playing, but people are playing and watching all day, they can learn from repeated use and from watching others, and by the end of a loketest things are generally running pretty smoothly. This is part of why loketest changes seem dramatic or random - they make big changes and tweak down as players use and exploit them, to get an idea of how a new concept or move will work.

This shit is the very core of gameplay balance. Ignoring it is moronic. Don't be a moron!

Yeah, I view it largely as a hype tool, and to get opinions on whether people like their character or not. But.. balance? I have a hard time believing they're gonna find anything out in jampacked loketests that last for a few days. They only had two tests that reached a wide audience, besides this latest one which is a network test and not a balance test.

Not really seeing a correlation between loketests and games being more balanced.

I mean.. to some degree? yea

. . .

Look at the changes from Extend > Loketest 1 > Loketest 2 > Loketest 3 > CP Final. Notice how they exist? That's because they're changing things! Because that's how you achieve better balance, by making changes. See what I'm saying here?

Loketests aren't an example of final game balance, because as you pointed out, you don't get to spend a lot of time with loketests. Given enough time, people will find tricks the developers hadn't thought of and couldn't account for in their testing. That said, they added a lot of new stuff to CP, and the loketests let them get a better starting balance than just throwing it all in there and saying "fuck it, done."

If your only concept of balance is how the game ends up a year down the line, then just do me a favor and stop posting.

of course you are and why not? speaking of new characters, how do they add new ones through DLC like they did with CS ? I heard something before about locked content on the disc? Is this a possibility with CP? (probably ?)

of course you are and why not? speaking of new characters, how do they add new ones through DLC like they did with CS ? I heard something before about locked content on the disc? Is this a possibility with CP? (probably ?)

Maybe. I had a feeling they'd add the true form of Tsubaki. I wonder how she'll play?

Maybe. I had a feeling they'd add the true form of Tsubaki. I wonder how she'll play?

wait... you knew about this before hand? why do I feel like I know nothing ~_~ about anything

Hit the Izayoi forum for some ideas. probably something you'd like.

Amane with Litchi palette will be hilarious, i think that "she" will be my new main.

wait... you knew about this before hand? why do I feel like I know nothing ~_~ about anything

CS had placeholders, they still had to finish the characters, that's fine by me as long as it's not a Capcom move where I'm paying for characters that are completed on the disc. This game might have placeholders as well, or they could do it from scratch and impliment them into the game, but expect huge downloads.

Can we not have this conversation here. We get it everybody on the internet, you didn't like SFxT. We got it in February.

CS had placeholders, they still had to finish the characters, that's fine by me as long as it's not a Capcom move where I'm paying for characters that are completed on the disc. This game might have placeholders as well, or they could do it from scratch and impliment them into the game, but expect huge downloads.

that explains it -- thanks Ive always wondered how/why they did it that way

Can we not have this conversation here. We get it everybody on the internet, you didn't like SFxT. We got it in February.

Reading comprehension level: Grade school

I was explaining how it works with an example of bad business practice for the consumer(us), obviously you can't read I had nothing to say about the game itself.

Anyway on topic, the 21st can't come sooner, I want to see Litchi, and Azreal do werk.

Arc System Works didn't like 3 of my loketest videos from the 11th, so I just decided to make the rest private until next Wednesday. :(

You sure you can't re-upload them somewhere else? I was interested in the Bullet vids.

Arc System Works didn't like 3 of my loketest videos from the 11th, so I just decided to make the rest private until next Wednesday. :(

Maybe I need to look out as well. Would be painful if they start removing some of my videos. >_>