Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

Bullet (so easy mode it almost hurts), Azareal (people haven't quite figured him out yet), Amane (Marvel-tier chip monster) - of course this is only day 2, nothing can be taken too serious yet

Yes

?

Bullet and Makoto OD lvl 3 combos are pretty crazy...

Is Jin still a crazy psycho?

He still has his homoerotic lines when fighting against Ragna, so I guess he still kinda is.

He still has his homoerotic lines when fighting against Ragna, so I guess he still kinda is.

From what I heard, he's calmer but still very much a pansy bitch around him.

Ugh, guess some things never change....

Bullet (so easy mode it almost hurts), Azareal (people haven't quite figured him out yet), Amane (Marvel-tier chip monster) - of course this is only day 2, nothing can be taken too serious yet

True enough. I was mainly worried about Azrael, but wanted to hear about the others.

But is he still all crazy in the manner of trying to kill Ragna, or just all <3333 for nii-san?

Also, what anime is your avatar from?

Azrael looks a bit more simple than Bullet to me, since he doesn't have to care about resource management, and his Drive mostly comes down to "Hit them with a Drive, then hit them with a 4k combo and re-apply the mark". The one who takes a while to shine is Amane: even in those long Carl vids, he doesn't seem to do anything worth mentioning.

EDIT: Wait, that Azrael description fits Bullet, as well. Oh whatever.

True enough. I was mainly worried about Azrael, but wanted to hear about the others.

But is he still all crazy in the manner of trying to kill Ragna, or just all <3333 for nii-san?

Japan seems to go for the creepy "NIIIIIISAN", while the English dub of the series goes for the "crazy-ass motherfucker" feel.

At least from what I've heard. Always interesting to see two different interpretations of characters.

I'm not entirely sure on that.

My avatar is from Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail OVA

Azrael looks a bit more simple than Bullet to me, since he doesn't have to care about resource management, and his Drive mostly comes down to "Hit them with a Drive, then hit them with a 4k combo and re-apply the mark". The one who takes a while to shine is Amane: even in those long Carl vids, he doesn't seem to do anything worth mentioning.

EDIT: Wait, that Azrael description fits Bullet, as well. Oh whatever.

Azrael also apparently has to use links for at least some of his combos. And while it might not be a limited "resource", he is still dependent upon the weakpoints to deal big damage and without weakpoints he doesn't seem to do all that much relatively speaking.

I haven't seen much of Amane myself, but if I had to compare it would definitely seem like Bullet is easier than Azrael.

amane looks like a matchup dependant character like litchi but he looks like he'll do fine. getting one of those 10 second drills out limits ground approaches and those long range normals look relatively safe on block. not to mention the chip damage. with the amount of chip he does from some of his attacks they should be solo combos on their own. lol

A couple of videos that I haven't seen posted here yet. Apologies if I missed them:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19415539

These are just some day 2 Azrael combos. That first combo is just crazy.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19414021

A bunch of Makoto combos, most of which use her overdrive. Of note is a crush trigger used mid-combo, and the altered version of her 236236D is shown. Over 7.1k on the last combo.

And has an OD proven useless yet

Ahahahahah, no. It's one of the best system changes that BB has ever seen, imo.

^This... OD looks so enjoyable ... its well worth the sacrifice of the Gold burst system

we did see a fun tager on the live channel but an angry carl evicted him after long... no OD from him =/