Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

To ruin everyone's fun even more, Mori mentions in the interview that "今一所懸命プロットを書いているところです" "I'm currently writing the plot (for console version) with all my might. So, people really shouldn't expect console version any time soon...

Anyways, here are pretty much all the interesting information bits:

- Currently the most used from the new characters are Bullet and Amane, and Tager and Jin from the old characters.

- Tager is going by the name "beginner killer"

- Mori though in CS that "combos were too long" and that resulted the changes.

- Idea behind the CP's battle system was to "return to the basics"

- Idea for the Overdrives was from the "Bloody Roar"

- "Attack is the best defense"

- Originally they wanted to give some kind of Overdrive system for Ragna in CS's story mode after he got the Idea Engine. But then he would've been the only character to have that system, so the idea wasn't used.

- Pachi leaded the creation of Overdrive system's final concept.

- Bullet was completely something character designer Katou is into.

- "Shadow you can see from the gaps of hot pants is much better, than the one you can see from skirts.", Ishiwatari seems to have said to Mori.

- Katou went to watch the new "Berserk Ougon Jidaihen" movies and said Yukinari, who voiced Casca in the film, was perfect to the role. So they ended up asking her to voice Bullet.

- This time designs are by Katou, and Mori has done the final drawings.

- Tsubaki and Valkenhayn were first characters designed completely by Katou.

- Platinum was originally Mori's idea with normal twintails, but her current design and heart-shaped stick is something Katou came up with.

- Originally Platinum was planned to fight with gigantic hammer and shout "Muchourin!" when swinging that hammer.

- Sugita was the one to suggest Ishida Akira to voice Amane.

- They wanted that "keeping distance" would be important for playing with Amane.

- Idea for Amane's Astral Heat was from Pachi, who wanted to create something similar to "Midnight Bliss" (Demitri's move in "Capcom Fighting Jam")

- BlazBlue has too many pretty boys, so they designed a macho guy, Azrael.

- Mori complares Azrael to Biscuit Oliva from "Baki the Grappler"

- Azrael was wanted to have completely different play style from normal characters. (They talk something about his revolver action differences and stuff...)

- Mori says he doesn't like games in which all the combos need to be done aerial.

- That's also one reason for Azrael's fighting style.

- Izayoi is really "chuunibyou-styled"

- Mori thinks she might be easier to use for beginners than the other new three characters.

- Mori is the one who thought all "chuunibyou-terms" in BlazBlue like "Enchant Dragnov" written with the kanji "bougyakunoroi" (Atrocity Curse) and Izayoi's Gain Art written with the kanji "zoofukujin" (Amplification Battle Formation)

- Lots of characters in the BlazBlue are tied to the past, so they decided to first solve problems of those from the Dark War

- Ragna who doesn't care about past and Noel who doesn't have a past are in particular importance for the story. (Surprise)

- The Imperator is going to have big role, since after the final scene of CS fans are pretty much expecting that, and they definitely would be mad if the Imperator wouldn't appear.

- They will this time completely explain "What the world has become"

- Mori seems to have played CS again, and said that Rachel's and Hakumen's explanations were difficult to understand, so this time better explanations.

- Mori is currently writing the plot for console version.

- Mori is happy that P4U seems to have raised a little the amount of fighting game players.

- Mori would like even more people to play fighting games, since he doesn't want fighting games to become something like F1

- Players would like more difficult and skill-based playing, but Mori thinks that's the reason why the amount of players has decreased.

- Mori would like to have more "famous BlazBlue player" so people could be like when Mori was younger and he went to play against Umehara in "Street Fighter Zero" at Ikebukuro.

- Making BlueRadio takes damn much money.

- BlueRadio keeps to continue as the President of ArcSys seems to like "festivals"

- President of ArcSys was the only one to originally accept the idea of BlueRadio saying "If you think it's fun, then do it."

- Mori would like to have BlueRadio episodes a little more shorter...

- Originally they once thought about having two episodes per month when the release of console version was close.

- More BlazBlue figures might be made if the upcoming Hakumen and Noel figures sell well.

- Mori would be glad to make BlazBlue anime, if some animation studio would want to make it... but the funding and Blu-ray sales...

- Mori still has bad memories of previous fighting game based animes.

- Biggest problem Mori thinks is, that anime doesn't have enough screentime for all the characters.

- Manga "Street Fighter: Sakura Ganbaru" is pretty much Mori's ideal way to make fighting game anime/manga.

- Mori himself is also expecting for the next Guilty Gear, but Ishiwatari has yet said nothing about the matter.

- Idea for the Overdrives was from the "Bloody Roar"

That's kind of backwards from bloody roar though. I remember after a knockdown you just got transformed back to normal after the meter hit 0, and if you didn't get knocked down, you stayed in wolf/fox/gorilla whatever.

Damn... Not only the console version will not be launched in february but Mori is still writing the story?

Well, sorry for the wrong information and thanks for those who corrected it.

That's kind of backwards from bloody roar though. I remember after a knockdown you just got transformed back to normal after the meter hit 0, and if you didn't get knocked down, you stayed in wolf/fox/gorilla whatever.

He means how it's activated more than how it sticks around. You can activate it defensively and it works similar to a burst, giving you brief invuln and a strong knockback at the cost of less Beast time, or activate it offensively and use it longer.

- Mori complares Azrael to Biscuit Oliva from "Baki the Grappler"

Well damn, now I got the image of Azrael curving into a ball and "eating" his enemies, Pac-Man-style.

And apparently Amane is pretty much Sugita's dream project: not only did he come up with the gameplay idea, he also hand-picked Ishida-san to voice him.

- Originally Platinum was planned to fight with gigantic hammer and shout "Muchourin!" when swinging that hammer.

I'm soooo glad they scrapped that idea. Platinum without her magical staff and magical shenanigans would just not be Platinum. Unless it was a gigantic MAGICAL hammer, then that would have worked :GetEm:

- BlazBlue has too many pretty boys, so they designed a macho guy, Azrael.

No shit... we need way more badasses like Azrael to even the odds here lol.

- Mori says he doesn't like games in which all the combos need to be done aerial.

... and that's one of the reasons why I like BB :thumbu:

- The Imperator is going to have big role, since after the final scene of CS fans are pretty much expecting that, and they definitely would be mad if the Imperator wouldn't appear.

Hopefully her role is big enough to warrant making her a playable character :kitty:

- Mori is the one who thought all "chuunibyou-terms" in BlazBlue like "Enchant Dragnov" written with the kanji "bougyakunoroi" (Atrocity Curse)

Enchant Dragunov, following Azrael's "name everything after a weapon" shtick.

And I wonder to myself, what is that thing Izayoi is bound to?

Grope-o'-matic 2000?

Nobody knows for sure yet but most likely yes, just not in Japan.

Kinda off-topicy, but has something like that happened with a game before?

Metal Gear Rising and one of the Final Fantasy games I believe

Dark Souls was.

And yeah, I believe FF13 was originally, but later got a 360 release there. x.x

It's not unheard of, certainly, though it seems like a pretty dubious move (Dark Souls II has apparently decided it was a bad idea and is doing a 360 release in Japan) considering that you still have to do pretty much ALL the work and spend ALL the money, except, I guess, saving the cost of printing Xbox specific manuals in Japanese. :P

Why is it that Relius` more suggestive bondage are on Tsubaki? I mean is Makoto not enough?

Bullet tops Tsubaki a bit I think. But they're both pretty ass-first.

I think it evens out due to the fact that in Tsubaki's case its rather impressive, considering how conservative her outfit is.

Enchant Dragunov, following Azrael's "name everything after a weapon" shtick.
Um... well yes, but nope. If you watch through the CP arcade opening and stop during the right frames you can see this which obviously shows that for some reason ArcSys' engrish localization drops "n" and calls it "Enchant Dragnov".

Why is it that Relius` more suggestive bondage are on Tsubaki? I mean is Makoto not enough?

...a hamster ball is suggestive? I found it more hilarious than suggestive.

Um... well yes, but nope. If you watch through the CP arcade opening and stop during the right frames you can see this which obviously shows that for some reason ArcSys' engrish localization drops "n" and calls it "Enchant Dragnov".

I don't put stock in Engrish that's in the intro. CT intro said "The 13th Division City Kagutsuchi" instead of hierarchical city and "All World Hollow Information Administration Organisation" instead of "New World Void Space Cue Administrative Bureau" as it was in the Cathedral stage title quote or "Novus Orbis Librarium" as in Aksys's official localisation (and in later official Japanese merchandising).

Same thing with how in the original arcade version of CS, "Idea Kikan" was translated as "Idea Sector" instead of "Idea Engine".