Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

stupid shit

Man, just because you are unimaginative and can't see beyond negligible similarities like not getting their hands dirty it doesn't mean that a character wouldn't be a good addition to the roster.

The value of a character is his/her tool set and how it fares against the others, going by the shit that you posted, we can say that adding more characters with swords to the game don't add anything, or that adding more girls with armors.

And lol at GG being 'random'. One of the beauties of fiction is that you can do whatever you want, It is precisely because of this that both BB and GG can have more extreme versions of gameplay because they don't limit themselves with what the characters can do. In other words, EADN.

WHY do you want her in the game is why I'm asking.

It is fucking simple, because they like the character, because they think that it can add more value to the game for them by being playable, because they think that BB creators can do something interesting with her since there are a lot of possibilities of what the can do with her or any other character of their liking.

The same as you would want Jubei and think that he can add something with his dual sword style, the same happens for the people who ask for Kokonoe, since she could be easily a trap/zoning character at the vein of Testament, or a Justice/Grappler/Flying character by using an armor, she could be a zoner because she can use magic whatever their imagination wants to, or what the plots demands to.

I, for what it matters, don't really care about what npc becomes a playable character, i only care that if they are planning to add more chars (new or known), that they keep with their great work of adding new imaginative characters with good tool sets and new takes on established archetypes/ fighting game roles.

It is fucking simple, because they like the character, because they think that it can add more value to the game for them by being playable, because they think that BB creators can do something interesting with her since there are a lot of possibilities of what the can do with her or any other character of their liking.

The same as you would want Jubei and think that he can add something with his dual sword style, the same happens for the people who ask for Kokonoe, since she could be easily a trap/zoning character at the vein of Testament, or a Justice/Grappler/Flying character by using an armor, she could be a zoner because she can use magic whatever their imagination wants to, or what the plots demands to.

I, for what it matters, don't really care about what npc becomes a playable character, i only care that if they are planning to add more chars (new or known), that they keep with their great work of adding new imaginative characters with good tool sets and new takes on established archetypes/ fighting game roles.

^^^ I wholeheartedly agree.

Kokonoe have many tools at her disposal and they are teasing us about her being in CP since extend. Seriously if she was a mix of Relius and Doctor Strange it would be interesting enough and the mere fact that Mori can say anytime "Kokonoe is confirmed to be playable" at least 50% of the fanbase would get a hype overload. Besides, they have until October to launch the game and that means she still have time to be announced and I think this Arc Cup or something will be the perfect chance.

I honestly think kokonoe is a walking Universal NUKE.

Why?

Because she's the daughter of the "strongest dude alive" and the person who created Ars Magus.

I'm content with her not being playable.

Kokonoe's magic would be something she channels into her technology, that's how I picture her. She'll have a bunch of cool devices or prolly even a mech suit which would be powered or used to magnify her magic. The way she is she clearly values science more so magic would be subservient to it, at least that's how I picture her.

Btw, wolf form Valk is in the game but people have no trouble hitting him and he's quite short as well, Juubei would be fine.

It would be cool if they made a single character that basically fought as more than 1 character, like some sort of Marvel VS Capcom assist team.

You could have Kokonoe in a mech, then "tag out" to Kokonoe using martial arts, or Kokonoe using magic or something.

It would be cool if they made a single character that basically fought as more than 1 character, like some sort of Marvel VS Capcom assist team.

You could have Kokonoe in a mech, then "tag out" to Kokonoe using martial arts, or Kokonoe using magic or something.

Would that make her stance fighter?

Kind of. I was thinking the mech would have it's own HP bar. Imagine fighting the mech until you get the HP low enough that the player has to tag it out for Kokonoe by herself.

A stance fighter is more like, involving just 1 move that could be done from the stance, rather than a whole other character.

Then her distortion could have Tager come out of nowhere and hit them or something.

*ahem*

But yea I'm surprised they don't have one yet, considering they already did one with Juda basically.

@mAc Chaos I was thinking like Gen from Street Fighter who has two stances which you can switch between and each stance has its own moveset (even normals change)

@mAc Chaos I was thinking like Gen from Street Fighter who has two stances which you can switch between and each stance has its own moveset (even normals change)

Isn't that how Kagura is supposed to play? I heard he was a stance character. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Isn't that how Kagura is supposed to play? I heard he was a stance character. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Yes, but we don't know what kind of stance fighting we are talking about. We don't know if its as I call them "mode" stance (like Gen) or "follow-up" stance (like Hazama's Serpent's Benediction). Other than that, only thing we know gameplay wise he has two specials: charge projectile and (charge) anti-air.

You're not wrong. Though I think what Mac Chaos is saying is that Kokonoe would literally switch between herself and a different form/character. Not quite a stance per se, but rather a tag team kind of thing.

Kind of. I was thinking the mech would have it's own HP bar. Imagine fighting the mech until you get the HP low enough that the player has to tag it out for Kokonoe by herself.

A stance fighter is more like, involving just 1 move that could be done from the stance, rather than a whole other character.

Then her distortion could have Tager come out of nowhere and hit them or something.

I always imagined her more like Tron Bonne or the girl from Arcana Heart. Except she could get in and out of the mech at will with a button+direction input, or knocked out during combos. Then when out of the mech she had to use zoning magic but wasn't as strong. So she'd be less of a "tag" character and more about piloting the mech. The mech would just stay in play like Cody's knife kind of thing (except she'd start in it), or like how it appears in Metal Slug/Mega Man X. And of course the mech's movement should be terrible like Tager and now like how Justice is. Although the mech having it's own life bar makes sense too that way she's forced into her other playstyle if she gets damaged too much (EDIT: and by lifebar I mean gameplay "meter" mechanic not actual health bar of character).

Maybe one day we'll see what they do with her, lol.

I always imagined her more like Tron Bonne or the girl from Arcana Heart. Except she could get in and out of the mech at will with a button+direction input, or knocked out during combos. Then when out of the mech she had to use zoning magic but wasn't as strong. So she'd be less of a "tag" character and more about piloting the mech. The mech would just stay in play like Cody's knife kind of thing (except she'd start in it), or like how it appears in Metal Slug/Mega Man X. And of course the mech's movement should be terrible like Tager and now like how Justice is. Although the mech having it's own life bar makes sense too that way she's forced into her other playstyle if she gets damaged too much (EDIT: and by lifebar I mean gameplay "meter" mechanic not actual health bar of character).

Maybe one day we'll see what they do with her, lol.

Loved this idea. lol

Wouldn't be surprised to see something like that in BB. Pretty interesting.

Basically a Judah from HnK type of character

Like Doronjo in TvC? She wasn't the most fun imo.

I'd imagine Kokonoe would be agile and shit, and switch to her gadgets if she felt like it.

Something like fast magic to slow hard-hitting tech? That would be cool.

Doesn't she control gravity or something? And she's the only one outside of the Alucard house with teleportation tech.

She should have given one of those to Tager. :P

Yeah.

The gravity manipulation

no jump = 720 all day erry day

R.I.P. Kagura hype train; "You were derailed before you even departed the station."

Derailed? More like it's stopped at the depot and will start up again once we get more news.

R.I.P. Kagura hype train; "You were derailed before you even departed the station."

He's a charge character his playstyle usually doesn't generate hype quickly.