Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

Or you know...there's just regions in Japan with much lower skill levels, which is where Tager will generally body people. Believe it or not, there are rural areas of Japan that don't have nearly as many good players as the major cities of Japan

Or you know...there's just regions in Japan with much lower skill levels, which is where Tager will generally body people. Believe it or not, there are rural areas of Japan that don't have nearly as many good players as the major cities of Japan

Your just jealous of S-TIER TAGER!!!!!!!!!

Your just jealous of S-TIER TAGER!!!!!!!!!

Stop, I'm happy you guys have some enthusiasm but please keep this discussion mature and somewhat intelligent. Reptar isn't joking about some regions of Japan being much lower level of play than others.

People have been going out to rural areas to snipe SBO qualifying spots for years. It's happening a lot less with ArcRevo since every gold ticket holder had to win a silver ticket first, which wasn't always the case with SBO qualifiers in some areas. Having a silver and gold ticket qualifying on separate days would mean having to travel across country twice for a gold ticket to snipe a spot, or figuring out how to stay in that area for a few days.

ArcRevo qualifiers are probably much more representative of each area's actual scene than SBO was because of it, but as a result, some qualifiers probably had much lower overall skill than others. Tager thrives against middle skill players, hence more Tager qualifiers.

You'd have to have some kind of brain damage to honestly believe Tager is somehow a stronger character than Hakumen, or Tsubaki is stronger than Mu. The number of ticket winners simply isn't indicative of any sort of relative tier placement. And really, Tager will probably never be S, just because of how many bad matchups he has. Arakune's been shitting out 10k+ damage off of unreactable mixups for almost 3 years, and he hasn't broken into S-tier again because he has so many hard counters.

Another thing is that, to my knowledge, the only big name player sticking with Izayoi atm is Koichi. And he probably is concentrating more on +R and P4 since he already has a gold ticket for P4 and is a long time GG player. As far as Tager, he likely didn't have to deal with the super hard matchups in the gold quals he won. Though I'm sure he isn't awful like in some other games.

Yea, I've never expected Tager to be S tier. It's still nice that he's got a good amount of reps

even if they'll all get killed off at round 1 :V

Ha! TheGreatReptar and Kurushii, You two have no sense of humor whatsoever or you are just part of the conspiracy to keep the Big Red Machine down..... You would still be saying the same thing even if Tager won Arc Revo (lol in my dreams!)

Why did I read that in some heroic voice?

Anyways, I woud've expected it to be that way all over the world truthfully about skill level.

lol thanks. I was confused because whenever people do crossups with jB they kinda float over you angelically. I thought, "Surely this is what people must mean when they say 'Jesus Kick' "

Edit: Damn is Goro really the only Makoto that qualifys for anything

I still can't shake off the feeling that Bullet players are just lacking experience, both with the game and with the character. Most of the people playing her haven't been around for BBCSEX (at least to my knowledge), and the ones who have just prefer to stick to their mains (like N-O). And then there's the fact that she feels vanilla. Well, let's just hope that people will appreciate her unique tools more when the console port is out.

Her combos are still (seems to be by design) and limited options and mixup (also by design). I do see more potential in Izayoi, but not so much in Bullet.

I always thought people asking for Linhua were just panning an overused joke....?!

Man I'm out of the loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, I'm pretty serious about wanting her to be playable. I don't mind if she never gets her PC status though, I get that there are other characters people want to play.

I still can't shake off the feeling that Bullet players are just lacking experience, both with the game and with the character. Most of the people playing her haven't been around for BBCSEX (at least to my knowledge), and the ones who have just prefer to stick to their mains (like N-O). And then there's the fact that she feels vanilla. Well, let's just hope that people will appreciate her unique tools more when the console port is out.

I pretty much agree with your analysis of Bullet's situation, though I think it's a bit more of lacking experience with the character than with the game. Comparing the really good Bullets I've seen with the rest of the Bullets I've seen, the most noticeable thing I'm seeing is that quite a few Bullets don't really know the more damaging combos and their pressure is lacking. However, I do think there's also the issue that there's still room for improvement, mostly in pressure. It feels like we've got a good number of tools to open people up with but we need to find good ways to make the most of them.

Overall, I think console release will fix these problems since people will be able to spend more time experimenting in training mode at their own convenience but that's just my novice opinion on the matter.

It says 1-8 players... 8-player rooms confirmed. Better than the 6-player rooms from previous installments.

It also lists "Action Adventure" as a genre. Previous games listed "Visual Novel". I now wonder how different the story mode will be in CP.

"Better" is a really subjective word. No reason not to increase the limit, but I can't say I'll be content sitting in a room waiting for an upwards of 6 other matches before my turn comes around again.

Guess I'll just need to never lose

:kitty:

I wonder, what made ASW so confident in their game's netcode that they increased the room limit from 6 to 8? Mayhaps the reason is...

THEY IMPROVED THEIR NETCODE?!

People have been going out to rural areas to snipe SBO qualifying spots for years. It's happening a lot less with ArcRevo since every gold ticket holder had to win a silver ticket first, which wasn't always the case with SBO qualifiers in some areas. Having a silver and gold ticket qualifying on separate days would mean having to travel across country twice for a gold ticket to snipe a spot, or figuring out how to stay in that area for a few days.

ArcRevo qualifiers are probably much more representative of each area's actual scene than SBO was because of it, but as a result, some qualifiers probably had much lower overall skill than others. Tager thrives against middle skill players, hence more Tager qualifiers.

You'd have to have some kind of brain damage to honestly believe Tager is somehow a stronger character than Hakumen, or Tsubaki is stronger than Mu. The number of ticket winners simply isn't indicative of any sort of relative tier placement. And really, Tager will probably never be S, just because of how many bad matchups he has. Arakune's been shitting out 10k+ damage off of unreactable mixups for almost 3 years, and he hasn't broken into S-tier again because he has so many hard counters.

bluerevo didn't had much tagers, but it had team,that lost to dacidbro:-)

bad mat cups becomes bit better with every bb, this time he looks pretty strong. and most of his hard matchups aren't that bad as considered by forum/yt players.

Does anyone with a decent connection even notice a difference in performance between hosting a two player and six player lobby? I don't notice any difference at all hosting a large lobby personally so I can't see how increasing the lobby count means the netcode improved.