Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

I'm referring to North America, I've been seeing a lot of people assuming they won't release the game on Xbox internationally. With that said, it's a huge waste of money for these companies to release their games on xbox in Japan , hence why games like Metal Gear Rising were only released on ps3 in Japan and Konami intends to maintain this status quo with their games.

I expected the same from ArcSys, since they need as much money as they can get. And Ryuusei, Kuresu, A92, Tenchi, etc. are not going to be paying their bills since they're such a small demographic who play fighters or games period on Xbox in Japan.

All LEs should have the artbook and nendo and what not, right? How come amiami doesn't say crap about them?

All LEs should have the artbook and nendo and what not, right? How come amiami doesn't say crap about them?

Yes all the LE's have them. Amiami just didn't list everything in error. All ASW LE's (from way back to GGX+ JP DX Pack) have all the contents included inside a single box.

Guess I'll wait for more sites to see what bonuses they have then, I assume you'll post them in the thread, my dear Kurushii?

Guess I'll wait for more sites to see what bonuses they have then, I assume you'll post them in the thread, my dear Kurushii?

It's just going to be phone cards again for the outside, store specific bonuses most likely. Yes I will be posting when other shops have their preorders up.

The LE is already sold out on AmiAmi, anyways, so I guess I'll have to order it somewhere else :v:

I guess no one got the complete translation of the interview? I'll check it for any more info that might be worth mentioning.

No one is going to buy a ps3 this late in the game just to be able to play blazblue, they'll only alienate their fans by doing that.

Actually, I do have to admit that I'm the one crazy guy who would do just this. To be completely honest, the only reason I ever bought a 360 was for Calamity Trigger (it was the cheaper of the two choices for an at-the-time high school student), and if in the end CP ends up being PS3 only, then I will of course be picking up a PS3 for it. I'd be rather surprised if it didn't get a port, of course, considering the Xbox audience is much larger here and I highly doubt there's many others such as myself who'd buy a new system just for BlazBlue. Of course, I'm not ruling out the possibility, but I'm still waiting with a bit of hope that maybe we'll get a 360 release.

Even within North America and Europe, BB sold more on ps3 than xbox if I remember correctly. You have to keep in mind the demographics of those who bought ps3 and those who bought xbox. Namely the pad lay out is a HUGE deterrent for purchasing any fighter on the xbox unless you're just weird (mAc chaos and nini heart) or play on stick (almost everyone who plays this game at this point on xbl uses stick from what I can see).

Even within North America and Europe, BB sold more on ps3 than xbox if I remember correctly.

Yep, it's a huge difference in sales between the two.

Just put in my preorder for the Limited Edition from AmiAmi, let's hope the shipping to Australia isn't TOO ridiculous.

Just put in my preorder for the Limited Edition from AmiAmi, let's hope the shipping to Australia isn't TOO ridiculous.

Good luck friend, last time I pre-ordered US to UK the import tax+delivery was nearly as much as the game.

I thought we were getting demonstration vids for the new characters? was I mistaken and it was just text descriptions+images and the interview

Finished reading the interview. It doesn't have that much info, and most of it has already been translated. Still, here are some more tidbits that might be worth mentioning.

Amane seems to be very popular among female players, probably thanks to Akira Ishida's voice acting.

On the other hand, Bullet is very popular among the male players (to no one's surprise).

Mori's only comment on the Kokonoe scene is "Teheh".

People liked having separate endings for each character this time (well, duh). The favorite one seems to be Jin's.

Kagura was supposed to have a Carl-like dash to help his charge shenanigans, but ended up with a slow run instead.

Terumi is mostly featured in the Six Heroes story route, so Mori doesn't want to tell too much about him yet.

Some people had some doubts about it, but Terumi's Drive allows him to use more Rapid Cancels, Crush Triggers etc., i.e. it's not limited to Distortion Drives.

Terumi's attacks feel very sadistic. He feels faster than Hazama (even without Ouroboros?). He's designed to be easy to use by the female players.

Of course, there will be a new anime opening movie along with a brand-new theme song.

The tutorial is still fully voiced. (By the way, this is just my opinion, but I believe that the "Three girls" part refers to Noel, Makoto and Tsubaki.)

The online avatars are going to be done in pixel art.

The game is about 35% done at the moment.

the last time a character was designed to be easy to use, we got izayoi (who is apparently pretty hard) orz

Hold up, isn't that what he said last fall? Literally, I think 35% was the exact number we got last year.

That was the arcade version, this time, it's the console modes and stuff.

Hold up, isn't that what he said last fall? Literally, I think 35% was the exact number we got last year.

Last time he was talking about the arcade version. And don't take it too seriously as a number anyways; he said the console version of CS1 was only 20% complete when it was announced, but that can't really be true since it was a console game and it released 5 months after it was announced, meaning it should have been feature complete around 2 months after its announcement due to certification and whatnot.

Last time he was talking about the arcade version.

Actually, this was supposedly the PS3 version that was "close to 30% complete" as of last August (source). It was much too close to the arcade version's release for him to have been referring to that.

It was kind of a tongue-in-cheek reference, really. Like I said, I didn't trust that number back when I first read it. It was likely a translation error or some kind of oversight. Not to imply that SRK has ever displayed anything less than the highest level of professionalism in their journalistic endeavors. :kitty:

I'm calling bullshit on that. That SRK article's sources don't exist anymore and the relevant articles to that time frame from Famitsu (that are online at least) that I can find don't even mention "30% complete".

Terumi's attacks feel very sadistic. He feels faster than Hazama (even without Ouroboros?). He's designed to be easy to use by the female players.

Well, it's not hard to "faster than Hazama if you don't count Ouroboros". Maybe that's what he meant. :P Also, I swear when he said that Izayoi was supposed to be easy to use, he was trolling.

The tutorial is still fully voiced. (By the way, this is just my opinion, but I believe that the "Three girls" part refers to Noel, Makoto and Tsubaki.)

This would be awesome, and also makes more sense than the "3 girls" being Platinum, since isn't one of her 'souls' a boy?

Some people had some doubts about it, but Terumi's Drive allows him to use more Rapid Cancels, Crush Triggers etc., i.e. it's not limited to Distortion Drives.
Why do none of these interviews actually tell us how he does this?