Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

Because they still have six months until the game's release, and they want to pace the news until that?

I'm just wondering how the game is only 35% complete. Are they putting in a ton of new features and revamping everything? Or did they just start CP PS3 version recently? The reason why I wonder is because the main "game" is what's out in arcades already. Obviously adding new modes, bug testing, verification, and production takes awhile, but still...did CT or CS last a year in arcades before they got released on consoles?

They got like 30hrs of scenarios to write (contrary to what you might think, putting together a visual novel is alot of work), new characters to implement and balance (without the aide of location testing), a network mode to test out (complete with some new virtual hub), new tutorials to create, a secretly rumored mode, and who knows what else more.

But it is true that this is the furthest from arcade > consumer, also when they give ballpark figures like that, I doubt most of them are realistic (either less or more in terms of actual development).

Why do none of these interviews actually tell us how he does this?

dunno just throwing this out there but its possibly a meter use reduction drive or a meter use return type drive.

the former would just reduce how much meter his DDs, RC and such cost to a reasonable insane degree.

the second is possibly along the lines of using a meter draining attack (DD, RC for example) then getting some percentage of it back upon hitting the opponent of through some oddball means, or tagging them with a mark then hitting it gives Terumi some percentage of meter.

just a thought.

I'm just wondering how the game is only 35% complete. Are they putting in a ton of new features and revamping everything? Or did they just start CP PS3 version recently? The reason why I wonder is because the main "game" is what's out in arcades already. Obviously adding new modes, bug testing, verification, and production takes awhile, but still...did CT or CS last a year in arcades before they got released on consoles?

No.

Game - Arcade release: console release

Calamity Trigger - Nov. 19 2008: June 25 2009

Continuum Shift - Nov. 20 2009: July 1 2010

Continuum Shift II - Dec. 9th 2010: May 10 2011

Continuum Shift Extend - Sept. 2011: Dec. 17 2011

Chronophantasma - Nov. 21 2012: Oct. 24 2013

Of course CS2 and CSE aren't as relevant, but there's usually not such a big gap. For JP versions, it's usually only ~7 months. CP will be 11 months.

On a sidenote, localization to NA has mostly been quick. A month or less for all games except CSE (3 months), and CSE's localization seemed to have a lot of hiccups for whatever reason.

No.

Game - Arcade release: console release

Calamity Trigger - Nov. 19 2008: June 25 2009

Continuum Shift - Nov. 20 2009: July 1 2010

Continuum Shift II - Dec. 9th 2010: May 10 2011

Continuum Shift Extend - Sept. 2011: Dec. 17 2011

Chronophantasma - Nov. 21 2012: Oct. 24 2013

Of course CS2 and CSE aren't as relevant, but there's usually not such a big gap. For JP versions, it's usually only ~7 months. CP will be 11 months.

On a sidenote, localization to NA has mostly been quick. A month or less for all games except CSE (3 months), and CSE's localization seemed to have a lot of hiccups for whatever reason.

Yeah, what was up with CSE? Nothing like playing story mode and having characters break into Japanese.

Yeah, what was up with CSE? Nothing like playing story mode and having characters break into Japanese.

Wasn't Extend translated by ASW instead of Aksys?

What?

Girls love their evil bishies, and ASW don't want them to hit the skill wall with him.

how is Terumi a bishi? Kagura looks more like a bishi than Terumi.

Also I had no idea many female players play this game. Like I know there are some female DLers, and there are very few good JP female players like R-1, but that's it.

how is Terumi a bishi? Kagura looks more like a bishi than Terumi.

Also I had no idea many female players play this game. Like I know there are some female DLers, and there are very few good JP female players like R-1, but that's it.

Well, not every female player would be interested on playing the game competitively

...and there are very few good JP female players like R-1, but that's it.

I didn't know that R-1 was a woman :v:

Wasn't Extend translated by ASW instead of Aksys?

And it is only now I recall, that ASW finally opened a North American branch in the West. I'm...somewhat worried about the translation of CP. Now, I'm sure the gameplay will still be as good, if not better, than ever. But really, Extend's story mode was "inconsistent", especially with breaking into the aforementioned Japanese at certain parts. Now, I'm not one to call a game bad simply because of one or two translation muck-ups. But, some mistakes really shouldn't be present at all (*still recalls the first time he played Yu Narukami's story mode and literally within minutes spots a misspelling of "someone" as "sameone"*).

And it is only now I recall, that ASW finally opened a North American branch in the West. I'm...somewhat worried about the translation of CP. Now, I'm sure the gameplay will still be as good, if not better, than ever. But really, Extend's story mode was "inconsistent", especially with breaking into the aforementioned Japanese at certain parts. Now, I'm not one to call a game bad simply because of one or two translation muck-ups. But, some mistakes really shouldn't be present at all (*still recalls the first time he played Yu Narukami's story mode and literally within minutes spots a misspelling of "someone" as "sameone"*).

A single typo in a 40 hour game isn't bad...Japanese lines though; how did they miss that?! If anyone ever gets the opportunity, we need to ask someone who would know who is doing the localization.

Translation wasn't the issue with CSE [from what I've played, only finished the CT retcon thus far] it's the programming and QA (quality assurance) that are bad since sometimes the audio files clearly weren't branched right, some lines played multiple (separate) lines of dialogue, some vocal dialogue didn't match what was written, sometimes audio files would be of poorer quality, and the only real text flaw I've seen thus far was something like ";2wrgl:" appearing, but it only occurred once in CT retcon I believe.

Translation is fine [although some of the liberties with the localization is just border line ludicrous] they just need to be sure and comb through it better next time.

A single typo in a 40 hour game isn't bad...Japanese lines though; how did they miss that?! If anyone ever gets the opportunity, we need to ask someone who would know who is doing the localization.

Its a bit of a pet-peeve of mine. I had to work real hard and spend a lot of my time learning English (it isn't my first language you see). I still recall struggling in school because of certain things I didn't understand at the time and it took me a long time to get it right. So whenever I spot a typo of sorts, it just makes me *facepalm*. I realize that we're all human and we make mistakes, but man do some things just sound sloppy when you consider this translation was done and edited by a professional.

Translation is fine [although some of the liberties with the localization is just border line ludicrous] they just need to be sure and comb through it better next time.

Hopefully they will use the extra time between now and the localization to put as many finishing touches as needed to make it as close as they can get to flawless.

I find people complaining about grammar to be annoying. Sure, repeated typos is annoying, but when people complain when it happens sometimes (especially if they have to work with a lot of text), I really ahve to feel bad to the people which the hate is directed forwards. And only thing I find it annoying in Extend was when the the spoken dialogue didn't amtch the speech boxes but it didn't bother me that much.

P.S. Yay, 900 pages!

Translation wasn't the issue with CSE [from what I've played, only finished the CT retcon thus far] it's the programming and QA (quality assurance) that are bad since sometimes the audio files clearly weren't branched right, some lines played multiple (separate) lines of dialogue, some vocal dialogue didn't match what was written, sometimes audio files would be of poorer quality, and the only real text flaw I've seen thus far was something like ";2wrgl:" appearing, but it only occurred once in CT retcon I believe.

Any idea what the liberties were? I can't speak Japanese, so I wouldn't know.

One that stuck out to me, because it wasn't voiced, (thank god lol) but the scene in CT retcon with Ragna conversing with Litchi over Arakune, the text said;

"Hello Cleopatria, Queen of De Nile"

And that reeked of a really clumsy localization attempt, but thankfully wasn't recorded :v:

The one that instantly comes to my mind is Bang making a comment about "The power of the ice car" after losing to Jin, which is only there in the written dialogue, not in the phrase spoken.

Those sound incredibly humoring.

It was poorly done. And most of the text was like that too. CT retcon came off as super amateurish.