Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

Well look at it this way: we're 6 months away from the JPN release. Between now and then, we may indeed get some re-balancing for the game. ASW just recently announced that Kagura and Terumi are joining the playable cast and to my knowledge, they have not had any loketests that include them. Who knows how they will impact the balance of the game as a whole.

Counter 5A maybe? :v:

Still, 3K out of that shit is something... well, that I'd expect from BBCS Bang, not from Hazama IN ANY FORM :v:

I don't see why you guys are so stunned.

Starter proration in BBCP has been grossly homogenized.

With a cumulative prorate off 77%, he's actually getting more damage from the same combo then he would get off, say, 2b. And near equivalent to his decent starters such as 2c or 3c.

The only thing holding his total damage back off a 2a starter is that they won't be able to hit the N-level extension, for what, another 300 damage?

It's the way the new combo system works. If hazama has a capable combo route, it's going to happen in every situation.

I only know for certain Hazama gets 3K from AA 5A meterless using the loop. Silly stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you mostly, except when I see CP Hazama loop his j.ccccc up to 5 times... It angers me lol. Why doesn't this have SMP of all things?

I agree; There seem to be a lot of stupid looking jump loops in this game, but that one is the most offensive.

Certain characters with awkward movements can't really help that, Hakumen and Hazama. Hakumen's jump loop(s) are a lot more interesting to me as opposed to AD x n. Especially since they don't apply really in the corner.

Do you have a vid where I can see such atrocity? :kitty:

I really hope that shit doesn't build heat. If it does, THAT would be an insult.

His combos system has roughly remained the same since his introduction into the series, God Bless Zakiyama.

BRAZIL :kitty:

What?

THIS is why it's insulting. This is a character that was supposed to be all about needing meter to do explosive amounts of damage, and now he gets like 3-3.5k off some stupid looking loop from a random midscreen hit. He does better meterless midscreen than half the cast. Off whatever. Anti-air 5A? Sold! 3k! ...

I don't recall seeing him getting 3k off 5a personally.

Airk, as usual, is probably grossly exaggerating.

Yup.

I only know for certain Hazama gets 3K from AA 5A meterless using the loop. Silly stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again I don't recall this in matches.

Please I have somes questions :

1- Any matchup grid ?

2- Any tier list for best Crush Triger

3- Duration of OD is all time the same ?

4- Which character has the best damage after overheat and 0 heat ???

5- What is for you the best characters vs arakune ?

6- Which characters has the more easy unberstable over drive cancel with good damage in many situation ? Ragna with just b c ... ?

7- Crush Triger is an overheat or just crush guard ?

Thanks a lot

Time to trawl Jourdal's channel for a Hazama busting 3K out of their ass from a 5A.

7- Crush Trigger is an overheat or just crush guard ?

I am certain it is just a crush guard (especially with some of character ainmations being no way overhead attacks). Though WHY it should be an overhead since it guard breaks is beyond me.

OD duration depends on your health. The lower, the longer it lasts.

I think he's asking if there are any differences in the base length of OD duration between characters, which I don't think there are. I believe (and somebody please correct me if I'm mistaken) OD duration is based on the remaining percentage of health rather than the actual number of HP you have left, and is therefore the same for everybody at equal health.

I am certain it is just a crush guard (especially with some of character ainmations being no way overhead attacks). Though WHY it should be an overhead since it guard breaks is beyond me.

Barrier Blocking Nulls the Crush, so if it were also an overhead, you could still mix-up.

I think he's asking if there are any differences in the base length of OD duration between characters, which I don't think there are. I believe (and somebody please correct me if I'm mistaken) OD duration is based on the remaining percentage of health rather than the actual number of HP you have left, and is therefore the same for everybody at equal health.

There is differences depending on the character actually! At lower health, some characters OD last longer than others, most of the info should be in the wiki. Whether or not this also applies to OD cancel, I don't know.

Please I have somes questions :

1- Any matchup grid ?

2- Any tier list for best Crush Triger

3- Duration of OD is all time the same ?

4- Which character has the best damage after overheat and 0 heat ???

5- What is for you the best characters vs arakune ?

6- Which characters has the more easy unberstable over drive cancel with good damage in many situation ? Ragna with just b c ... ?

7- Crush Triger is an overheat or just crush guard ?

Thanks a lot

1. No

2. No

3. No. You can find the specifics of OD length here

4. Dunno. Probably won't find out until after the console release.

5. Characters like Hazama and Nu

6. Any OD combo is unburstable. Not quite sure what your question actually is about though.

7. Just guard crush

There is differences depending on the character actually! At lower health, some characters OD last longer than others, most of the info should be in the wiki. Whether or not this also applies to OD cancel, I don't know.

OD cancels just cut the OD length in half

Barrier Blocking Nulls the Crush, so if it were also an overhead, you could still mix-up.

Then again, Guard Crush does shave off good chunk of Barrier Gauge, and besides, I think it should have some sort of weakness anyway.

If anyone cares, you can compare the OD length for each character on the wiki:

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Offense_%28BBCP%29#Overdrive

Unsurprisingly, Haku got the shortest OD, which doesn't make it any less powerful.

EDIT: Hurr, didn't notice the previous post.

Huh, didn't know that Overdrive Cancels cut the total Overdrive duration time by half. So using a naked OD as a reversal successfully could lead to some very damaging shit.

Speaking of OD cancels, is it known if you can jump cancel a move to bypass getting an OD cancel rather than a raw OD, or would it count the jump as a move too?

you can jump cancel a move and go straight into OD, and it'll register as a raw OD. however, keep in mind that raw OD startup is 19 frames while cancel OD startup is something like 5 frames. so in order for jcc OD to work, you have to use a jc-able move that has a lot of hitstun (like noel's 6C)

Ahh, that explains why I don't see it very often then. Thanks for the answer.

The worst matchup for Arakune is Taokaka. Then Mu, Hazama, and Nu.

Maybe even Rachel, Valk or Litchi, god this character sucks.

The worst matchup for Arakune is Taokaka. Then Mu, Hazama, and Nu.

Maybe even Rachel, Valk or Litchi, god this character sucks.

Still getting karma for CT, huh?

Huh, didn't know that Overdrive Cancels cut the total Overdrive duration time by half. So using a naked OD as a reversal successfully could lead to some very damaging shit.

Raw OD on wake up can get blown up by 2a, I've only seen ti useful when a Hakumen used it on wake and the bang went for a command grab.

Hey, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember hearing that Terumi and Kagura were supposed to have gameplay coming out a few days after they announced them. Any word on that?

Hey, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember hearing that Terumi and Kagura were supposed to have gameplay coming out a few days after they announced them. Any word on that?

Not sure where you heard that.

I don't think we're going to get anything close to gameplay footage until ArcFes on the 19th of next month.