Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

can we say now Jin is definitely top tier? Those were pretty free

While Jin is good, yeah, Tetsuwo and Ryuusei are great players regardless, and the match with Kuroku's Makoto (arguably a low tier for BBCP) literally came down to a single hit, I wouldn't call that free.

Hoo Boy! A game Anime! This is going to be so....bleh! I mean, if Gainaix got it it COULD be internesting. They like bizarre stuff, right?

Hoo Boy! A game Anime! This is going to be so....bleh! I mean, if Gainaix got it it COULD be internesting. They like bizarre stuff, right?

Trigger is pretty much the "bizarre" part of Gainax that left, since it's Imaishi's (TTGL, P&S, Dead Leaves) studio.

Tales of the Abyss anime was rather poor. If we're talking Tales anime, the Tales of Symphonia OVA series is a much better example of good game-to-anime conversion even though Tales of Symphonia is pretty bad in terms of story.

Persona 4 anime was also kinda okay, I mean it wasn't that bad but it felt kind of hollow in terms of experience.

I don't think there's ever been a truly good game-to-anime adaptation. At least not non-visual novels (Steins;Gate anime was pretty good).

It's funny you said this, since as far a game-to-anime conversions go, ToA was far more accurate and loyal to the original story than ToS, it was for that reason I found myself enjoying ToA more. After that, is kind of unfair to compare a weekly episodic anime to an OVA released months and years apart from each other, the attention to quality is inevitably going to be different.

j.C Staff pls. I want lots of tsundere and crying.

Oh you'll get lots of the latter, that's for sure.

It's funny you said this, since as far a game-to-anime conversions go, ToA was far more accurate and loyal to the original story than ToS, it was for that reason I found myself enjoying ToA more. After that, is kind of unfair to compare a weekly episodic anime to an OVA released months and years apart from each other, the attention to quality is inevitably going to be different.

Being faithful and accurate is not always a good thing, there are certain things that work in a video game narrative but don't work in a serialised narrative. That's why we call them "adaptations", to adapt means to change.

I'm pretty psyched for the BlazBlue anime! I think other then some narrative stuff to edit along with some pretty elaborate fight scenes to create! There shouldn't be to much of a problem. Don't call it bad if there's nothing to judge. Besides, if the Anime does get an English Dub, 90% Chance they'll stick to the original english voice actors, since there already fairly involved in the Anime Scene. (Rachel's Voice Actress, Mela Lee, voiced Yuki Cross in Vampire Knight and Rin Tosaka in Fate/Stay Night, while Platinum's Voice Actress, Laura Bailey, voiced Maka in Soul Eater, along with a lot of other characters I can't name off of the top of my head.)

Being faithful and accurate is not always a good thing, there are certain things that work in a video game narrative but don't work in a serialised narrative. That's why we call them "adaptations", to adapt means to change.

"Adapt" has more than one definition.

"a·dapt

/əˈdapt/

Verb

Make (something) suitable for a new use or purpose; modify.

Become adjusted to new conditions.

Synonyms

adjust - fit - accommodate - conform - suit"

courtesy of google

In this case, the first definition is the one being used. As in a medium. Medium being Game to Television. Not story.

Furthermore, anything that's story driven as a game will definitely benefit when it is modified to a television series. The fans who liked the game for the story will like the anime for the story, those who liked the game for other reasons wouldn't care either way, so faithful is a good thing in this context.

It is equally as good if not more in the case of BB, with it's convoluted story. Those who like and understand it will want to see the story faithfully transitioned over, those who don't understand it will look to understand it. Those who don't like the story is obviously in it for the animation quality/VAs/music/anything that's not the story and won't care for the story at all. But anyone who watches any non-comedy fictional medium will care about the story.

ArcSystemWorks ‏@ArcSystemWorksU

I recommend everyone tune into Arc Revo tonight... something big might happen. #arcrevo #bbcp #ggxxacpr

The anime I guess.

Kyoto Animation MUST make the animation for this.

I see FMP The Second Raid and its awesome action scenes, and that's why I want them to do this. NOW.

Any one think that we should make a new thread for the BlazBlue anime discussions?

Yes actually, AWAY TO ZEPP MUSEUM.

Terumi teased using a super that does Jakou > Pull himself to you in midair > Slash you up a million times > slam you into the ground.

So yeah. My pants.

First things first, Kurushii. Big thanks to you for the clean audio stream! If it wasnt for yours I couldnt have enjoyed that

Live Concert! Thank you!

Also hype for the new video material on the new characters and the anime, but...

guys what about the timer??

Terumi teased using a super that does Jakou > Pull himself to you in midair > Slash you up a million times > slam you into the ground.

So yeah. My pants.

Looks like he has another command grab DD too, all my kreygasms.

First things first, Kurushii. Big thanks to you for the clean audio stream! If it wasnt for yours I couldnt have enjoyed that

Live Concert! Thank you!

Also hype for the new video material on the new characters and the anime, but...

guys what about the timer??

What's the timer anyway? I can't find the link for it.

NVM Found it.

BlazBlue: After Memory

Staff:

Supervisor: Toshimichi Mori

Original Work: Arc System Works

Director: Hideki Tachibana

Assistant Director: Seiji Mizushima

Series Composition: Deko Akao

Screenplay: Deko Akao/Tatsuya Takahashi

Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Tomoyuki Shitaya

Animation Production: teamKG/Hoods Entertainment

Source is from the BBAM website.

Thanks for the youtube link! Terumi looks pretty exciting, seems to have the same stance as Zama. Can't wait to see him move properly. Then again the naming bothers me so Yuuki/Yuki was his first name all along?

It looks like the CP crest, which we still don't know who it might belong to.

Yet another new character perhaps.

The brief bits of Kagura's gameplay looked very UNIB.

I'm probably alone in this.

Must see more.