Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

I'm not sure if ArcSys will continue to use Aksys as publishers for their titles in America, but Aksys is supposed to be revealing two titles at E3. Possibly NA Chrono Phantasma?

They will most likely still rely on Aksys for publishing of physical copies, since ASW USA is pretty much digital only for the moment.

The shortened link on the AksysGames twitter account was li.brari.us/3s. Imperator-Librarius? Hmmm...

As far as we can tell: separate story, same universe [and the depth of even that connection is still in question atm].

I'm not fond of XBLAZE [at least not its tendency to follow the same tropes Japanese VNs have followed for DECADES] but it's not affecting BB in any way, so I don't understand blatant hate of it lol. It actually could be cool [despite atrocious, kid show designs]

The designs are not atrocious, they're just... okay. Nothing to hate them for, unless you hate everything that's less than perfect.

I personally think the designs come in 2 flavors: generically bland (good guys) and eye-soringly terrible (bad guys)

It reminds me of when I used to watch the Yu-Gi-Oh series lol

Still despite not liking the designs too much, I could definitely invest time into it if the plot can catch my interest [i did it with BB after all :P]

I'm not fond of XBLAZE [at least not its tendency to follow the same tropes Japanese VNs have followed for DECADES] but it's not affecting BB in any way, so I don't understand blatant hate of it lol. It actually could be cool [despite atrocious, kid show designs]

If XBlaze was just some random visual novel, I'd forget it existed in half a week and just let it wallow in its own mediocrity. But the fact that its associated with BB in some way just pisses me off. BB already gets trivialized for being too weeaboo. XBlaze is definitely not helping.

If XBlaze was just some random visual novel, I'd forget it existed in half a week and just let it wallow in its own mediocrity. But the fact that its associated with BB in some way just pisses me off. BB already gets trivialized for being too weeaboo. XBlaze is definitely not helping.

That's a really odd complaint, since BB's story mode is styled like a VN, and is already very much full of silly Japanime cliches...

But BB is also a mediocre VN AND fighting game.

That's a really odd complaint, since BB's story mode is styled like a VN, and is already very much full of silly Japanime cliches...

I never said BB had a good story. Is it entertaining? Maybe. Does it give actual effort in a genre where a passable story is "That blue and red naked man stole my car?" Sure. But is it good? Absolutely not.

But there's an amazing fighting game in there that I can invest hundreds of hours in instead.

EDIT: I'll also take shonen anime cliches over moeblob schooltime cliches any day of the week.

I never said BB had a good story. Is it entertaining? Maybe. Does it give actual effort in a genre where a passable story is "That blue and red naked man stole my car?" Sure. But is it good? Absolutely not.

But there's an amazing fighting game in there that I can invest hundreds of hours in instead.

EDIT: I'll also take shonen anime cliches over moeblob schooltime cliches any day of the week.

And likewise, I never suggested you said BB had a good story, I'm asking why are you so upset by XBLAZE being related to BB when it will likely be the exact same style of game as BlazBlue's story mode. You post like XBLAZE is ruining something about BB, when it's probably not going to be any different than the thing it's supposedly ruining by association.

And what do those particular cliches have to do with anything? Are you talking about BlazBlue: Remix Heart? Are you making assumptions about the unreleased XBLAZE's plot?

But...BB is full of moeblob cliches too---[see the ENTIRE female cast]

Also how many people in the FGC even know XBLAZE even exists [especially outside this forum's community] and who's actually basing their opinion of BB off of it!? And outside of importers [super niche importers since it's a VN] I doubt casual fans even know it exists either, and even if someone brought it over, it could do nothing but help BB as it may get people interested into the larger world and then the fighter itself [even if these aren't the future high level players, at least it gets more exposure, more appeal, and thus the company wants to make more]

Why do people care about the cliches concerning charachter appearances so much?

Say makoto was dressed like a nun, Mu in a full body heavy armor and Noel in a wedding dress.

What would it change? Would the overall quality of the story increase/decrease?

Say makoto was dressed like a nun

A BOXING NUN!? Sign m up!

Mu in a full body heavy armor

Blazesident Evil 4: Ashley's Revenge! (and on a more related note, such a thing could've changed Mu's gameplay DRAMATICALLY, it's be like turning Tager into a Zoner)

Noel in a wedding dress.

The Internet: MAH WAIFU

Yeah, kind of lol. But hey, it's Japan in the year 2013, if you're going to keep liking their products, you just gotta pull a Microsoft and

DEAL WIT IT

And likewise, I never suggested you said BB had a good story, I'm asking why are you so upset by XBLAZE being related to BB when it will likely be the exact same style of game as BlazBlue's story mode. You post like XBLAZE is ruining something about BB, when it's probably not going to be any different than the thing it's supposedly ruining by association.

And what do those particular cliches have to do with anything? Are you talking about BlazBlue: Remix Heart? Are you making assumptions about the unreleased XBLAZE's plot?

The mere fact that XBlaze is a visual novel isn't the point. It's the content of the game that I take issue with. There's enough garbage media out there about a guy and his special school full of Gainaxing teenagers. BB doesn't need to be a part of that, especially when it already has enough problems gaining traction as it is.

Remix Heart can go play in a minefield, too.

Also how many people in the FGC even know XBLAZE even exists [especially outside this forum's community] and who's actually basing their opinion of BB off of it!? And outside of importers [super niche importers since it's a VN] I doubt casual fans even know it exists either, and even if someone brought it over, it could do nothing but help BB as it may get people interested into the larger world and then the fighter itself [even if these aren't the future high level players, at least it gets more exposure, more appeal, and thus the company wants to make more]

XBlaze's existence gives people more ammo against BB in a fight that it's currently losing. As a game, it's more difficult for it to just quietly slip under the radar like Remix Heart did, especially if it ends up being one of those games that Aksys is presenting at E3, because then the FG sites will have to follow up on those speculation articles they posted.

There's the possibility of it bringing BB more exposure, but it's not the right kind of exposure, and it's not going to really attract the people who would stay and create some sort of competitive presence. It would just be more anime fans who go through story mode and then never touch anything else. We have way too many of those.

EDIT:

Why do people care about the cliches concerning charachter appearances so much?

Say makoto was dressed like a nun, Mu in a full body heavy armor and Noel in a wedding dress.

Mu actually looks so much better when she's in a palette that gives her a bodysuit like Nu and Lambda, and Makoto would be pretty awesome in her snazzy new jacket.

But to answer your question, no. But it's not about story quality, anyway. It's about how our game appears to an outside audience.

So long story short, you're upset because of assumptions you're making about an unreleased game you have little to no info on and how it could harm BB in the "fight" on how people look at it because, despite being completely unrelated to the game as far as we know, takes place in the same universe.

Welp, time to run away from this argument like a lil girl before it gets any dumber :vbang:

The mere fact that XBlaze is a visual novel isn't the point. It's the content of the game that I take issue with. There's enough garbage media out there about a guy and his special school full of Gainaxing teenagers. BB doesn't need to be a part of that, especially when it already has enough problems gaining traction as it is.

Remix Heart can go play in a minefield, too.

XBlaze's existence gives people more ammo against BB in a fight that it's currently losing. As a game, it's more difficult for it to just quietly slip under the radar like Remix Heart did, especially if it ends up being one of those games that Aksys is presenting at E3, because then the FG sites will have to follow up on those speculation articles they posted.

There's the possibility of it bringing BB more exposure, but it's not the right kind of exposure, and it's not going to really attract the people who would stay and create some sort of competitive presence. It would just be more anime fans who go through story mode and then never touch anything else. We have way too many of those.

At this point XBLAZE has as much to do with BlazBlue as Type-0/Agito XIII has to do with the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy [in otherwise, not too damn much]. They aren't even pushing the BB angle that hard, in fact outside of the initial teaser that had snippets of a BB intro [wasn't it console CT?] there's been no further connection or mention of BB at all, outside of 1 shared phrase "The Azure". And of course they're going to do something mainstream, because that's what sells in Japan [their target audience].

And "ammo"!? Is there some insidious organization I don't know about that's only goal is to avert people from BB based on such superficial things such as visual style and themes? Because trust me, BB does that on it's own juuuust fine lol. Even if the FGC is made more aware of XBLAZE, they aren't going to care, it's not a fighter, everyone will mock it for like a week, and forget it even exists again.

And I'm not talking about casual gamers adding to the competitive scene, I'm talking about their monetary contributions. Look at Skullgirls, it's nothing but wank material, yet it's presence in the FGC fights on. And when you look at what the series has been able to accomplish due to money raised by fans (which I guarantee you most of them are "anime fans" that only like what they see not what they can do). You can have the best community in the world, but if [enough] people aren't buying the base product, it's going to be alot harder to justify making more.

XBLAZE won't hurt BlazBlue, and until you can present something concrete to the contrary, I think we're done here. Good day gentlemen!

Uh, bro.

BB is as anime as it possibly can get. Like, it'd be damn near impossible for BB to get even more anime.

Stop giving a shit what dumbass Street Fighter and Mahvel players think about you and play the game.

Why the hell do you care so much about people's opinions on the game?

It's a Japanese game, therefore it's susceptible to Japanese tropes just like Western games are susceptible to Western tropes

It comes with the territory. Nothing's gonna change because "WAAAAAAH! BOB MAKES FUN OF ME FOR PLAYING ARCANAAAAAAAA!" or "BAAAAAAAAAAAW PEOPLE I DON'T LIKE ARE PLAYING MY FAVORITE GAAAAAAAAME"

People will play what they want to play

If they play Blazblue because of Edgy the Bloodedge, Yandere little bro, delicious flat chest, traps or GAMEPLAY. Then so be it