Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

Hmmmm, looking closer at the Challenge Mode picture, it's a bit unusual to see the usual starter combo Ragna challenge being a Mission #12. Maybe they're switching over to the P4A 30 challenge per character layout. Would be pretty neat if they also made the final challenges be "Do any combo you want so long as you meet these conditions" too

Hmmmm, looking closer at the Challenge Mode picture, it's a bit unusual to see the usual starter combo Ragna challenge being a Mission #12. Maybe they're switching over to the P4A 30 challenge per character layout. Would be pretty neat if they also made the final challenges be "Do any combo you want so long as you meet these conditions" too

I haven't played P4A in forever but I seriously remember those final challenges to always have such specific restrictions that there was very few ways of actually doing them.

I would HIGHLY support having P4A's system, though. Making people have to come up with their own combos is a good thing to teach.

Extend had 15 missions per character, this is not really new. Although, it is certainly possible they're going to do it more like P4A's challenges.

I haven't played P4A in forever but I seriously remember those final challenges to always have such specific restrictions that there was very few ways of actually doing them.

I would HIGHLY support having P4A's system, though. Making people have to come up with their own combos is a good thing to teach.

Also like that it encourages players to make their own combos but you're also right that the conditions were a bit restrictive. I'm personally hoping they make the last 5 challenges with this setup with the first one being very lenient with its conditions and the last one being the most restrictive of the 5.

Extend had 15 missions per character, this is not really new. Although, it is certainly possible they're going to do it more like P4A's challenges.

It's true that Extend had 15 mission per character but the starter combo you see in the image (2B > 5B > 5C > Hell's Fang) isn't something you'd see as a Mission 12. To give a more direct comparison, this mission is actually Mission 3 in Extend, minus the 2B at the beginning. That's why I'm sort of suspecting they're increasing the challenges per character again.

So I'm still not quite getting how Black Gale works. You use D to go into various stances and then do some other moves out of those stances? Kind of like having multiple Serpent's Benedictions?

Honestly, that's kind of boring if that's how it works.

Seems like a one button Benediction from reading Tokkan and SoWLs posts. He probably goes into the initial stance with 5D and can go into 3 followups, like Hazama.

5D~5D

5D~6D (overhead?)

5D~2D

Notations are probably mixed up but you get the general idea I hope. What it all looks like to me anyway

the hitboxes on those attacks look like they are going to be insane, causing all types of bs. very nice design in general.

Seems like a one button Benediction from reading Tokkan and SoWLs posts. He probably goes into the initial stance with 5D and can go into 3 followups, like Hazama.

5D~5D

5D~6D (overhead?)

5D~2D

Notations are probably mixed up but you get the general idea I hope. What it all looks like to me anyway

Not necessarily that but whatever, the general idea appears to be correct. I know in the trailer he does a crouching stance which follows with "Sairingeki" and then a running stance followed with "Ryuugajin".

Not necessarily that but whatever, the general idea appears to be correct. I know in the trailer he does a crouching stance which follows with "Sairingeki" and then a running stance followed with "Ryuugajin".

Looking back at the vid again I didnt notice the crouching stance. The animation for it is so fast. His specials havent even been gone over yet. God whens October

5D~5D

5D~6D (overhead?)

5D~2D

It sounded more to me like Siegfried from Soul Calibur. Enter stance and using the drive buttons executes a special stance attack that puts you in a different stance, etc etc.

Guess we have no better choice than to actually wait for some more solid info on it :v:

Doesn't seem that way to me, what makes you think so?

Doesn't seem that way to me, what makes you think so?

Well, at first it looked like the same DD but with different look to it with each screenshot, so I though his stance would alter his DD. But then I oticed that the third picture is OD DD, so I assume the first two are just taken at different parts of the move.

True facts

Ahh. Now I understand how his drive works. Had the general idea correct like Tokkan said

So is that move in the upper right one of his special. Looks like he's reping up a projectile

Ahh. Now I understand how his drive works. Had the general idea correct like Tokkan said

So is that move in the upper right one of his special. Looks like he's reping up a projectile

I think that's his Sonic Boom. I mean, there's not that many possible answers here, right?

What I was thinking too. It was said he'll have two special right? One of them being an anti air type flash kick move. And Im guessing this is the other.

Have to say he's looking really really gdlk. The effects on his moves are perfec

Here is the excerpt of Kagura's page:

BLhuU79CIAEV99L.png:large

Oh cool, you can see his (what I assume) is his projectile there against Ragna and that darkness-covered rising slash could be his ant-air. And as an added bonus, we get to see his darkness wave DD under an Overdrive effect. Looks pretty boss.

Someone translate pls.

I need bigger scans to see some of the kanji, or have it typed out. I'll check out the jBBS thread tomorrow and see what they got.

For now, I can say that that Flash Kick-like move in the middle is a second hit of the sword slash stance follow-up (I won't memorize his move names for a while).

That's cool, thanks for putting so much effort into it!

I need bigger scans to see some of the kanji, or have it typed out. I'll check out the jBBS thread tomorrow and see what they got.

Yea that's the limit to the ebook I have. I do my screencaps at 2x view. Any higher zoom and it's just artifacts and even worse blur. Famitsu just started dealing with the company I get them from so hopefully they improve on the quality for future releases.

Here's the stuff that I got:

- They didn't show Kagura's fourth stance, j.D. Makes sense that he has it, but a bit difficult to imagine.

- Ryuugekisou is a command grab follow-up.

- Toryuurenzan is just a multi-hit follow-up.

- Ryuuhashou has a guard point (this is probably why they said he can use his sword as a shield).

- The projectile is called "Ryuubakusen" (Dragon Tie Spin). There are versions with different sizes and numbers of shots.

The rest was mentioned in the website article.

Here's the stuff that I got:

- They didn't show Kagura's fourth stance, j.D. Makes sense that he has it, but a bit difficult to imagine.

- Ryuugekisou is a command grab follow-up.

- Toryuurenzan is just a multi-hit follow-up.

- Ryuuhashou has a guard point (this is probably why they said he can use his sword as a shield).

- The projectile is called "Ryuubakusen" (Dragon Tie Spin). There are versions with different sizes and numbers of shots.

The rest was mentioned in the website article.

From looking at the article I assume that those 3 followups are all from his 5D stance. (based on imagery layout) so I'm assuming Kagura has 3 followups from each stance? and only has, his sonic B and flash kick at neutral. Seems like he will have alot of options...

What I'm wondering is: are stances 'free'?, do they have a cost? or can they be powered up (glitter is gold/mist finer-esque)