Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

The idea we technically saw a "western" trailer for the game means localization is coming sooner. Which is the important thing, hence why I posted it on DL. Frankly I'm very happy about the trailer.

cp is ps3 exclusive.... no xbox logo anywhere to be found on the trailer...

It WAS on the playstation channel, so I doubt we'd see it. But I didn't see anything for Blazblue on xbox's official youtube channel, so...

Good thing I bought a PS3 for The Last of Us xD

I intended to buy for both of my systems. But I'm not sure what direction Microsoft is heading at the moment.

Wow, yo guys are just too hard to please lol a localization existing is enough for me! We already know how BB plays, it's now just a matter of how the story mode will be presented [which regardless is still just a typical visual novel, so we know how those work]. And then you have to consider that very little console stuff has been shown in Japan, I doubt they'd debut new content here in the states (but hey, E3 is only just beginning) but I doubt the booth is nothing more than VS play.

If anything I'm just disappointed by no date, lol [and possible special edition, would like to know these 2 things to see if I have to waste all that money on the import = w= ]

Speaking of online however, SONY announced that once the PS4 is out, if you want to play multiplayer games (like Blazblue) you will need to become a PS+ member. This includes PS3 and PS Vita. I dunno how I should feel about that since part of the reason I bought a PS3 was for free online.

Uhh, what? The only reports I've read regarding PS+ and online concern the PS4, not the PS3 or Vita (which would be especially weird since the networking structures of handhelds is worlds different from consoles)

Regardless since PS+ carries over and is already a wonderful value, it wouldn't be a huge killer to have it, just an odd choice to retroactively establish it.

Also region free PS4 is region free :D

Didn't see anything about a release date, so if you could ask if US players will get the game this year instead of 2014 would be nice :eng101:

well just need a converter to use my xbox remote on the ps3 also rope and duck tape to tie down my brother so i can actually play his ps3 >:D

If anything I'm just disappointed by no date, lol [and possible special edition, would like to know these 2 things to see if I have to waste all that money on the import = w= ]

No date yet? Aksys you tease. All I can hope is that CP is released for December if the Japanese release is in October.

Uhh, what? The only reports I've read regarding PS+ and online concern the PS4, not the PS3 or Vita (which would be especially weird since the networking structures of handhelds is worlds different from consoles)

Regardless since PS+ carries over and is already a wonderful value, it wouldn't be a huge killer to have it, just an odd choice to retroactively establish it.

Also region free PS4 is region free :D

Maybe it is just the way it was worded, but from what I am given to understand is that your PSN account transfers over to the PS4 and since it is on the same network, I don't know how it would recognize if I am playing on my PS3/Vita once the PS4 is out, it only made logical sense to conclude that I would have to start paying for PS+ for my online matches. Of course, I could still be very much wrong and SONY literally rocked their press conference with wave after wave of good news. It doesn't help that BB is the only game I play online so me being PS+ member doesn't exactly pay off.

Still, perhaps I jumped to conclusions too quickly. And of course, region free is awesome if anyone here imports next ASW fighters and projects.

No date yet? Aksys you tease. All I can hope is that CP is released for December if the Japanese release is in October.

Maybe it is just the way it was worded, but from what I am given to understand is that your PSN account transfers over to the PS4 and since it is on the same network, I don't know how it would recognize if I am playing on my PS3/Vita once the PS4 is out, it only made logical sense to conclude that I would have to start paying for PS+ for my online matches. Of course, I could still be very much wrong and SONY literally rocked their press conference with wave after wave of good news. It doesn't help that BB is the only game I play online so me being PS+ member doesn't exactly pay off.

Still, perhaps I jumped to conclusions too quickly. And of course, region free is awesome if anyone here imports next ASW fighters and projects.

Do you have a link for that?

Do you have a link for that?

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/10/you-have-to-pay-to-play-online-for-playstation-4/

All I got at the moment. There's more info around floating about I am sure.

EDIT: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124821-PS4-Online-Multiplayer-Requires-PS-Subscription

OK, seems like I got it wrong after all. It will only be the PS4 games that have that PS+ subscription. Which suits me much more as I don't feel like becoming its member just yet.

I guess an obvious question could be about its 360 status.

Well...considering its on the Playstation channel. And it doesn't appear to be on Xbox's...

Well...considering its on the Playstation channel. And it doesn't appear to be on Xbox's...

Man, the possible, unfortunate implications of this does not spell good news for 360 players. I'm a firm supporter of multi-platform titles and believe that if companies can make the game on more than one console in a given generation then they should do it with gusto. Though if this is true, the decision to no longer have Blazblue on the 360 is a little odd to me. In Japan I guess it makes sense since the 360 did really bad in terms of sales, but in the West?

There could be legal and financial reasons for this, if they are doing it.

Remember when Valkenhayn was first released? Microsoft were being jerks about that.

You never know what could happen, so I wouldn't abandon all hope just yet. Stiil unfortunate for all that Xbox warriors to go through this.

...>Arcade Intro

......whatever.

Questions? uhhh...Will their servers not be crappy like in Extend? Oh um, professional...Will their servers have higher quality than past titles.

Uh. "Servers" are provided by MS/Sony for matchmaking, everything else is peer-to-peer as far as I know.

So no. :P

ok guys, I'm heading out now. That said, keep the questions coming. I have another interrogation session with them tomorrow as well.

...now, time to strap myself to the CP kiosk.

Lol ki

At this rate, it might be dead before arrival. And one fighting game isn't going to save Microsoft and how much ingorance fighting games have shown it and how badly it has treated them.

ok guys' date=' I'm heading out now. That said, keep the questions coming. I have another interrogation session with them tomorrow as well.[/quote']

Aside from the release date in the West? I dunno. Maybe if we can expect some extra roster surprises besides the stylin' Terumi and Kagura? Don't need to ask them specifics, just an off-hand comment about the roster itself.

Indeed. I just don't really like when one console is shunned entirely when before it was a multi-platform. Granted this won't affect me none since I am on the PS3 exclusively but still, no reason for one side to be excluded like this.

Kinda obvious, but "What about the 360 version of the game ?".

It's all I want to know. I want to play BBCP on 360 so badly !

You never know what could happen, so I wouldn't abandon all hope just yet. Stiil unfortunate for all that Xbox warriors to go through this.

I got CT and CS on 360 and skipped Extend because i figured Chrono Phantasma would be out eventually.

now i'm just somewhere between worried and disheartened. :(