Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

the thought of listening to that haku voice filter through an entire playthrough makes me want to smash my desk in half

oh well at least everybody else is safe

The only thing I'm mostly worried about are the errors like those found in Extend's CT retelling and new story modes. Those random Japanese voiced lines when you have the voices set to English, Hakumen's flter being a mistake apparently, and the voices not matching with the text. Though, if I'd to add another, I'd like Tony Oliver to return as Bang. I love his Bang too much while I found Kramer's Bang a little forced. Hazama's VA in CSE was fine though (Spike Spencer in CS2 sounded too much like Arakune's). Overall, I hope ASW at least learned from those errors and get a bit of assistance from Aksys maybe.

the thought of listening to that haku voice filter through an entire playthrough makes me want to smash my desk in half

oh well at least everybody else is safe

Oh god THAT. Plz fix Haku's voice I don't think I can put up with that.

Also every website I can find says that Laura did Rachel's voice in CSII.

Oh god THAT. Plz fix Haku's voice I don't think I can put up with that.

Why do you say that? That "mistake" filter actually made him sound much more badass.

Also every website I can find says that Laura did Rachel's voice in CSII.

I know they do, that's exactly why I made that comment. CSII Rachel still sounds more Melissa Fahn than Laura Bailey to me. Also, people used to think Makoto was voiced by Janice Kawaye and then Lara Jill Miller and then Carrie Savage and then Janice Kawaye again before we finally found out and confirmed she was voiced by Cindy Robinson.

It makes him sound like a 500 pound wrestler named Bubba.

*And is now picturing E.Honda dressing up as Haku-men.

Dammit man, why must you put evil thoughts into my brain :vbang:?

AKsys did everything before Extend, which was done by ASW themselves. That covers CTR, and all of the DLC story modes including Relius` story mode.

yeah, I have yet to touch extend's story mode. :sweatdrop:

so did they redub all of the story content or does the new scenarios randomly switch to the new VA's?

yeah, I have yet to touch extend's story mode. :sweatdrop:

so did they redub all of the story content or does the new scenarios randomly switch to the new VA's?

The latter.

Why do you say that? That "mistake" filter actually made him sound much more badass.

Makes him sound like he put on 500 pounds

Can we bring back his CT voice, it was all calm and shit but still sounded badass.

See, it's self evident. The moment anyone hears that voice the first thing they think is "Jesus Christ Hakumen sure let himself go."

Something funny about Terumi. He relies on heat. A lot. Yes he can steal it but he also needs it. A lot of matches will turn into "get heat, use heat before stolen from you" against him but especially mirrors I think will be exceedingly silly. He may be the first char to have a bad matchup against himself XD.

See, it's self evident. The moment anyone hears that voice the first thing they think is "Jesus Christ Hakumen sure let himself go."

This just in: 2 people agreeing on something on a forum is now considered self-evident.

Joking, joking. You can put down your torches, your pitchforks and torch-forks.

Fair enough. I can honestly say I don't really care what they do to Haku-men's voice since I liked both the old and the new filter.

What's the issue with Hakumen's voice exactly?

I personally feel as though his contemptuous tone makes him sound much more zealous towards his unwavering cause/purpose.

Additionally, it can be rather humorous at times.

What's the issue with Hakumen's voice exactly?

Apparently people are of the opinion that his new filter in Extend makes him sound like a 500 ton brontosaurus. I personally feel it makes him sound more badass but then again, I just like most voices in Blazblue (both Japanese and English).

He may be the first char to have a bad matchup against himself XD.

Thank goodness for people importing the game since I lack the means to do so. Hopefully some kind soul will upload some Terumi mirror matches somewhere down the line.

Do you mean his old voice, or the new one?

I was referring to Extend Hakumen as opposed to earlier iterations wherein he seemed to be much more tranquil.

Apparently people are of the opinion that his new filter in Extend makes him sound like a 500 ton brontosaurus. I personally feel it makes him sound more badass but then again, I just like most voices in Blazblue (both Japanese and English).

Oh, I see. Well, to each his/her own.

I like it as well.

I was under the impression it was the same exact lines, just given a voice filter.

I was under the impression it was the same exact lines, just given a voice filter.

Am I missing something here? I've always been under the impression that he retained the same VA, but the filter changed; which consequentially makes it seem as though he obtained a different voice.

And of course his past lines didn't change, but he did gain new ones due to story expansion in future iterations.

Thank goodness for people importing the game since I lack the means to do so. Hopefully some kind soul will upload some Terumi mirror matches somewhere down the line.

Doesn't playasia deliver in canada? Or is it a financial issue.

And yeah, I imagine me and vel will have games up eventually. We're both importing. :P

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/vote_blazblue/ Rest of the poll rankings revealed.

1. Tsubaki Yayoi

2. Noel Vermillion

3. Hazama

4. Ragna the Bloodedge

5. Jin Kisaragi

6. Makoto Nanaya

7. Hakumen

8. Kokonoe

9. Bullet

10. Rachel Alucard

11. Nu-13

12. Platinum the Trinity