Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=9744

Not seeing it. If this list is accurate, she's only prominent in a few things, almost all of which are very recent.

Her Idolm@ster character happens to be one of the most popular characters for the series in Japan. She's also a singer in addition to voice acting and has a few CDs out.

Just a friendly moderator reminder, try not to derail too severely from the topic.

:)

So I'm kind of behind the news, ASW is localizing CP, but there's still no release date for NA other than Q1, right? Is it really that much cheaper for them to do it themselves, rather than Aksys? The only reason I'm wary is because of the random lines that were messed up in CSE (I think Litchi and Haz were randomly untranslated).

I've never imported a game before but I kind of want to import this. If I didn't preorder, am I screwed? I have no idea what sales are like in Japan, but I've never had a problem getting a copy here.

So I'm kind of behind the news, ASW is localizing CP, but there's still no release date for NA other than Q1, right? Is it really that much cheaper for them to do it themselves, rather than Aksys? The only reason I'm wary is because of the random lines that were messed up in CSE (I think Litchi and Haz were randomly untranslated).

Actually, CP is being localized by an undisclosed third party.

EDIT: Nevermind, ASW is doing the localization.

Actually, CP is being localized by an undisclosed third party that's neither ASW nor Aksys.

Uh... yeah, about that...

cuz I can (evil laughter)

ok, so the good news is that I was able to the skinny on who's actually doing the localization thanks to Russel (Marketing Manager) over at Aksysgames.

The bad news being that Arc System Works is doing the localization. The same guys that gave Bang throat cancer in extend (thanks mac)...and yes, they did apologize about the misinformation they initially gave me saying that ArcSys wasn't involved. Honest mistake on their part (derp).

RIP Christina Vee :vbang:

You have no idea how dedicated people are to their favorite voice actresses.

As far as the localization stuff is concerned, ASW did Extend's localization, which they ended up replacing a few of the voice actors for Extend's new content. Whether that was a budget problem, a timing problem, or some other problem with the original voice cast, that's never been determined. They kept as many as they could though. Just don't be surprised if you play with English voices and characters sound different in BBCP.

Just don't be surprised if you play with English voices and characters sound different in BBCP.

Definitely. Even in Extend with Relius, he sounded like he still had the same VA as before but the voice direction made him sound more goofy whereas previously he sounded pretty dark and evil.

If anyone else has any silly questions about VAs or popularity contests, try Google. If you have an actual question, try Zepp Museum. If you wanna talk about Chrono Phantasma, continue to post here.

So, there's kinda a best image in his Aura. Will Kagura, ragna, and Hazama be forming a best trinity?

Dark Aura Bros ftw. I hope he's fun to play with if I have to spend 30 hours unlocking him in story mode lol. I also hope the pic of him stomping Jin is a thing that happens in the game.

I don't see any black beast shit in that picture.

It's just a purple attack thing. I think you're just overreacting.

I used to think that too, but if you look at the far upper left of the aura, the image sort of resembles a pair of jaws.

Then again Jin generates a giant ice wolf head, so even if it is supposed to look like something, it may not mean anything about the source of the power.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2471[/ATTACH]

If you're having trouble with seeing it, look at the area above and a little left of Kagura's head. The aura cuts out and then comes back in that region, with jagged edges jutting into the empty area. This makes it look like some sort of head with sharp teeth.

It's not really vaguely-shaped, it's clearly shaped like a beast-ish head, complete with teeth (this is especially obvious when compared against Ragna's sprites). Now whether or not that has any meaning whatsoever to Kagura's character is unknown and nothing but speculation.

His VA is also Kenshin's Teacher's VA. Super badass is written all over Kagura. :D

His design is based on Hiko Seijūrō with a bit of Guts and his dragon slayer IMO

I used to think that too, but if you look at the far upper left of the aura, the image sort of resembles a pair of jaws.

Then again Jin generates a giant ice wolf head, so even if it is supposed to look like something, it may not mean anything about the source of the power.

If you're having trouble with seeing it, look at the area above and a little left of Kagura's head. The aura cuts out and then comes back in that region, with jagged edges jutting into the empty area. This makes it look like some sort of head with sharp teeth.

Am I the only one who thinks it looks just like a "Cyber Dragon" head? (Almost identical in design and shape.)

Kagura also has a dragon motif in his move names, so it's to be expected for the moves themselves to have that motif, too.

That move probably will work like Ragna's 6C, maybe even a 3-parter, but the "mouth" of that aura suspiciously looks like a sword

Though I have trouble supporting how he goes from raising his sword high to kicking someone in the gonads

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2471[/ATTACH]

So, there's kinda a best image in his Aura. Will Kagura, ragna, and Hazama be forming a best trinity?

Hopefully!