Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

[CP] News & Gameplay Discussion (Old)

Hey aksys when is Canada going to get some BB love?

Probably never. I'm currently stuck having to wait at least another week for Muramasa Rebirth because of some nonsense issues at the border. It's the same story with BB. Calamity Trigger arrived in a timely manner (as in on the same day as the US release date), but every single BB game after it had some kind of arbitrary delay. I recall having to wait 3 weeks for Extend due to an issue that was never explained to retailers.

Probably never. I'm currently stuck having to wait at least another week for Muramasa Rebirth because of some nonsense issues at the border. It's the same story with BB. Calamity Trigger arrived in a timely manner (as in on the same day as the US release date), but every single BB game after it had some kind of arbitrary delay. I recall having to wait 3 weeks for Extend due to an issue that was never explained to retailers.

Gotcha ill make sure to ore-order than.

Why do you think Hazama's outfit is some sort of "uniform"? It certainly shows no sign of adhering to the standard NOL uniform design guidelines (Like, being excessively complicated. :P). I think it's just a fedora and longcoat because he thinks it looks stylin'. Plus. Intelligence division. He's probably "plainclothes". He can wear what he wants. It's not NOL issue.

That doesn't make the hoodie look any less stupid though.

And stylin' it is!! I dig the hood/cape/whatever you want to call it. You really have to wonder if the Intelligence Department has a dress code, as testament to Makoto's clothing choice, I really like Terumi's clothing choices, they're stylin' and unique.

Well we haven't seen anyone else in the Intelligence Department besides those two. Maybe what Hazama and Makoto are wearing are standard issue for their respective genders. :v:

It would be fucked up if it was true but the NOL is run by some pretty messed-up dudes.

I'm pretty sure Makoto's battle outfit is something of her own choosing and that the Pre-CP standard (but in black) pre-battle uniform is the norm for the Intelligence Department, hence why in CP [having revealed she was a double agent the whole time and effectively going AWOL] she sports a new pre-battle coat.

I can't go all the way out there which sucks sooooo much! Hey aksys when is Canada going to get some BB love?

Aksys is affiliated with a Japanese company that didn't even know people play Guilty Gear in Canada (the reason why GG was delayed on both psn and xbl for us). Sorry not trying to go off topic but we're just grouped in with the U.S but not receiving anything special either. So never.

15 days ago there were news that there will be no DLC chars, yet i can see opposite statements above. Did I miss something?

Mori is a liar.

15 days ago there were news that there will be no DLC chars, yet i can see opposite statements above. Did I miss something?

You didn't miss anything. Terumi has always been preorder DLC for Japan. Mori has indeed said that there will be no DLC chars but considering this was said during interviews concerning the NA localization at E3, no DLC chars might only apply for the NA localization

I still think its a Mu-like unlock code where you can play the game and unlock or bypass for a couple dollars/free with preorder. So youd probably get Terumi for beating 6 heroes section of story or instantly with preorder. At least I hope thats how it works.

They've already said Terumi is only available through DLC, so I doubt it's like that, unfortunately. Otherwise, they would've said like they did with Kagura, no?

No confirmation yet. It's very unlikely it'll be region locked but you could always just ask them through email. They've been pretty good about answering regional/language support questions before release.

If you're asking because P4A's region locking, that was all on Index/Atlus and their fear of reverse importing. They even messed with the NA BD release of the anime by not giving license to the JP audio.

I wonder why, its pretty dumb to have a console exclusive character in FGs, let alone a whole game thats console exclusive...

I guess they dont really care about the "console scene" >__>

I wonder why, its pretty dumb to have a console exclusive character in FGs, let alone a whole game thats console exclusive...

I guess they dont really care about the "console scene" >__>

Let's look at this objectively for a sec; the Xbox 360 has effectively no presence in Japan. ArcSys is a Japanese company. The primary market for ArcSys games are the Japanese. Sony is a popular brand in Japan. It's not that they don't care about the console scene, they just care about not wasting money.

Let's look at this objectively for a sec; the Xbox 360 has effectively no presence in Japan. ArcSys is a Japanese company. The primary market for ArcSys games are the Japanese. Sony is a popular brand in Japan. It's not that they don't care about the console scene, they just care about not wasting money.

Games aren't doing so great in Japan either, or at least that's what I keep hearing. So they might lose money in Japan with this game as well.

This is why I expected a port for PS4, specially since it's so close to the PS4 release. However...

Games aren't doing so great in Japan either, or at least that's what I keep hearing. So they might lose money in Japan with this game as well.

You understand that in this context, "games"is very broad. The only issue I hear of Japanese games not doing so well is only in the western countries, I.e. America and Europe, since western developers have obtained a monopoly on the demographic. Games are doing great in Japan, and even if it wasn't, BlazBlue is an extremely popular fg franchise in Japan. The fact that LE BBCP preorders sold out almost instantaneously after its announcement is a great testament to that.

The ratio between "losing money" with a popular franchise meeting what is considered its best iteration released on a leading console versus releasing it on a console that just doesn't sell enough is wide, very wide.

Personally I still think that the reasons are more legal or convenient than it is financial. That would explain even the western markets not getting an xbox version.